Author Topic: Christian Atsu  (Read 95546 times)

Offline Heron

• General Member
Re: Christian Atsu
« Reply #1425 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:55:20 am »
At least Manquillo has some sort of brain.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1426 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:56:43 am »

Unfortunately it resides in his anus.

Offline dabe

• General Member
« Reply #1427 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:57:12 am »

Debatable imo but ultimately pointless, such is our squad, it really is not fit for purpose.

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #1428 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:00:39 pm »
Aye - I don't like criticising those doing their best tbf. Which I feel our squad does. Just so frustrating.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #1429 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:00:53 pm »
It just shows how much a player is judged on their last performance. Manquillo was fine yesterday, Atsu was terrible, and suddenly Atsu's our worst player.

I feel weird even criticising the players when the problem is clearly the choice that lead to players of that level being signed, and rarely is the problem their own effort and application.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #1430 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:01:58 pm »
It just shows how much a player is judged on their last performance. Manquillo was fine yesterday, Atsu was terrible, and suddenly Atsu's our worst player.

I feel weird even criticising the players when the problem is clearly the choice that lead to players of that level being signed, and rarely is the problem their own effort and application.

I've always thought Atsu was fairly terrible mind. He makes the wrong decisions like all the time, and very rarely shows anything other than pace.
I agree with the rest though :thup:

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1431 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:05:54 pm »
I never really think a player isn't trying their best, some of ours like Atsu, Manquillo, Clark, Darlow and such are not good enough, and why Rafa wanted money to spend on better players who make better decisions, who would bring better quality.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #1432 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:06:22 pm »

I've always thought Atsu was fairly terrible mind. He makes the wrong decisions like all the time, and very rarely shows anything other than pace.
I agree with the rest though :thup:

I liked him in the Championship, but agree that this is beyond his level. As with a lot of them, they're putting the work in but they're just not good enough.

I'm hoping Muto and Perez can get something going, because we'll really need a spine that extends further than Dubravka, Lascelles, Shelvey if we're gonna stay up.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1433 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 12:07:46 pm »
He doesn't even use his pace very effectively. He always has to try and beat a man twice, I can barely remember a time where he's out paced someone for us.

I'm not convinced he was even that good in the Championship, he couldn't displace Gouffran for a lot of the season. I thought his best period for us was the first half of last season, West Ham (a) and two Stoke games stick in the mind

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #1434 on: Tuesday 9 October 2018, 01:51:58 pm »
Spending money doesn't guarantee the player will perform but it certainly raises the odds significantly.  Spending the barest minimum pretty much guarantees those same odds are against you.

He's a £6.75m player performing like a £6.75m player, just like Joselu and all the other bargain bin cast offs we've got.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #1435 on: Tuesday 9 October 2018, 01:57:57 pm »
Spending money doesn't guarantee the player will perform but it certainly raises the odds significantly.  Spending the barest minimum pretty much guarantees those same odds are against you.

He's a £6.75m player performing like a £6.75m player, just like Joselu and all the other bargain bin cast offs we've got.

Yup. Cheap players who turn out to be good are very much the exception to the rule.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline Disco

• #votekaka2018
« Reply #1436 on: Sunday 25 November 2018, 05:36:02 pm »

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #1437 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:42:02 pm »
Better from him (not saying much given how tragic he's been lately), but that chance, man.  :( Was ready to celebrate like a mad b******.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline johnny36

« Reply #1438 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:46:05 pm »
Muto should have been on for him the last 10 mins..Atsu was tiring

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1439 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10:21:58 pm »
Like a new signing.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1440 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 11:10:10 pm »
Muto should have been on for him the last 10 mins..Atsu was tiring

Was waiting to see if Rafa went for Shelvey for Ki or Muto for Atsu, and then he chose neither.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #1441 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 11:12:33 pm »
Bit risky to bring Muto on at 1-1 given how little he’s played recently.

Offline johnny36

« Reply #1442 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:02:47 am »
Atsu probably has played less minutes than Muto.. Didnt think Atsu would last the 90 mins.. Fresher legs with 10 mins remaining might have given us 3 points

Offline Doug

• General Member
  • Howay man, man.
« Reply #1443 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 02:03:35 pm »
I had written this lad off but have to say he was excellent against Everton. always involved, creative and actually tackling back leaving opponents Writhing in a heap on a couple of occasions although their play acting was outrageous. No wonder half our team was booked. If Atsu can maintain this level of performance he could stay in the side.
I, on the other hand, am neither mental nor mad

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #1444 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:28:31 pm »
I had written this lad off but have to say he was excellent against Everton. always involved, creative and actually tackling back leaving opponents Writhing in a heap on a couple of occasions although their play acting was outrageous. No wonder half our team was booked. If Atsu can maintain this level of performance he could stay in the side.

He's always been incapable of maintaining the level of performance he's capable of. Way too inconsistent to be relied on.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1445 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:00:46 pm »
From the match thread it sounded like he missed a sitter at the end, it was actually a decent strike on the half volley from the edge of the penalty area. Could have hit it a bit harder if I was nit-picking, but hitting it first time he was probably trying to ensure accuracy.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1446 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:02:14 pm »
From the match thread it sounded like he missed a sitter at the end, it was actually a decent strike on the half volley from the edge of the penalty area. Could have hit it a bit harder if I was nit-picking, but hitting it first time he was probably trying to ensure accuracy.

It was his other chance they were on about

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #1447 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:07:51 pm »
Played better than Kenedy, Ritchie and Perez have done lately Imo.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1448 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:21:07 pm »
Match of the day nor the sky highlights showed his chance at the end.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #1449 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 08:40:23 pm »
Man of the match for me today, won a ton of fouls and made clever runs in behind to relieve the pressure after we was down to 10