Author Topic: Ciaran Clark  (Read 90103 times)

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
Re: Ciaran Clark
« Reply #1225 on: Friday 31 August 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
Couldn't afford anyone ffs.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1226 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:36:21 PM »
Won't get the plaudits like Schar and Fernandez but thought he had a very good and solid game today.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1227 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:36:59 PM »
Gorgeous eyed dream boat :smitten:

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #1228 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
Won't get the plaudits like Schar and Fernandez but thought he had a very good and solid game today.

Agreed, thought he'd struggle against Lennon but it never materialised. I've always liked Clark mind, think he's a good, steady player.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #1229 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
Lascelles 5th choice  :shifty:

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #1230 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
Think he should have done better for the goal but he's an alright player. Any other time in our recent history he's probably a starter, he just happens to be around at a strong time for Newcastle centre backs to the point he's 5th choice

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1231 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
Happy that he could get a game, a goal and a win tonight.

Our 5th best centre back and he's great quality to have at number 5 at that spot.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1232 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:52:47 PM »
Big fan of the rather s*** arms out celebration he seems to love.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1233 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
Lovely finish and a solid display at the back. :thup: He's been a proper decent signing, like.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1234 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:56:00 PM »
More goal threat as a CB than we've seen in many a year. With the right kind of ball-playing CBs around him he's solid and reliable. A bit like Williamson on one of his really good days, just way more consistent.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #1235 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 11:02:28 PM »
Rafa really can pick out defenders, I remember when we first signed him and I was really confused.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Disco

« Reply #1236 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 11:13:28 PM »
He was massively at fault for the goal but he looked a lot calmer than normal. Playing for 0-0s for Ireland has probably helped n all.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1237 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 11:15:26 PM »
He was massively at fault for the goal but he looked a lot calmer than normal. Playing for 0-0s for Ireland has probably helped n all.
Hasn’t played for us lately, which no doubt helped his form
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Disco

« Reply #1238 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 11:16:26 PM »
Hasn’t played for us lately, which no doubt helped his form

Just assumed, get him in there again.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #1239 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 01:52:23 AM »
Yeah pretty solid tonight, throwback to some of his top performances in the Championship, topped off with a goal. Good stuff. :thup:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1240 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 02:36:15 AM »
Like him, hasn't sulked from not being in the team, gives his all and pops up with a few goals, can't fault him.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1241 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
Feel like this guy is constantly fighting for Premier Leagues status. I dunno how ya'll feel. I really thought he was tremendous at LB and wouldn't mind experiemting further.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1242 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 09:30:23 AM »
Feel like this guy is constantly fighting for Premier Leagues status. I dunno how ya'll feel. I really thought he was tremendous at LB and wouldn't mind experiemting further.
He wasn't at left back
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1243 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 11:01:08 AM »
Third of the season in and he’s joint top goalscorer.
?s=21

Offline Toon No9

• General Member
« Reply #1244 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 05:49:11 PM »
I think it's very important to have a leftfooted cb when playing three at the back. Clark played that role very good yesterday.
That role would suit Dummet as well.
Really think three at the back is the way to play but not sure Rafa agrees.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1245 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 01:10:50 PM »
Am I missing something? Who else has he scored against this season?

The official club website, in interview with him, mentions he's joint-top scorer alongside Shelvey on two. Mark Douglas also tweeted the same.

I can't for the life of me think who. I've even gone through the fixtures section on nufc.com and there's no other goal listed.

Quote from: nufc.co.uk
Clark – now Newcastle’s joint leading goalscorer this season, along with Shelvey – felt United displayed a collective spirit to see out those remaining exchanges, having exhibited a totally different style of play during the opening 45 minutes.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/itd-have-been-a-travesty-had-we-not-won-that-says-clark/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=50716
https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/fixtures.html
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1246 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 01:26:38 PM »
He hasn't.

Offline Greg

« Reply #1247 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 01:26:46 PM »
I think you are correct, his last goal (before yesterday) was away at Chelsea. Last season.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1248 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:56:30 PM »
Two goals in two games, definitely not the best defender we've got but admire how professional he is when he hasn't been in the team for a while and puts in solid performances. Hasn't whinged to the press about wanting a move when he hasn't been playing

Scored 10 goals for us now

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #1249 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 08:07:22 PM »
:thup: