Author Topic: Mo Diamé to be released  (Read 120240 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Caulkin: Release clause met for Mohamed Diame, travelling to Newcastle today
« Reply #25 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:04:17 am »
Is he just an all-round midfielder? I know he scored a few goals last season but looking at stats it's the only season he's done that.

We might not always need a dedicated holding midfielder as long as we have enough presence in general. 

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
Re: Caulkin: Release clause met for Mohamed Diame, travelling to Newcastle today
« Reply #26 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:04:48 am »
Oh wow.

Offline healthyaddiction

• General Member
  • Jenova's Witness
« Reply #27 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:06:31 am »
Is he just an all-round midfielder? I know he scored a few goals last season but looking at stats it's the only season he's done that.

We might not always need a dedicated holding midfielder as long as we have enough presence in general. 

From what I understand, he usually plays in a box to box role, but last season he spent the whole season playing practically as a number 10.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:08:04 am »

From what I remember, he's a very similar style of player to Sissoko. Powerful, can score and create, has presence, but also a bit inconsistent.

What HT says

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #29 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:09:01 am »
:thup:

Insert obligatory 'I trust Rafa' sentence here.

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:10:48 am »
It's 'In Rafa we trust', Ian.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #31 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:11:21 am »
Lo siento.

Offline Disco

« Reply #32 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:12:19 am »
Looks like he had a decent season last season :thup:

firetotheworks

« Reply #33 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:13:09 am »
I liked him a lot at West Ham, but I can't say that I've followed his progress much since he left, but 10 goals last season sounds very promising.

As a side note, I feel a bit s*** for the Hull fans, no club should be allowed to be decimated to that extent and it'll ultimately end up with the fans being the ones who suffer and have to pick up the pieces.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:13:49 am »
I remember him giving us all sorts of problems in a home game, might have been for West Ham, he was running at us with pace and directness and we couldn't deal with him.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #35 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:15:53 am »
I remember him giving us all sorts of problems in a home game, might have been for West Ham, he was running at us with pace and directness and we couldn't deal with him.

Aye, think I remember that game too.

Offline Theregulars

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:16:06 am »
Fits into the description I'd use for all our signings made this summer: "astute".
You're going to pay. In fear dollars.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:17:29 am »
All i remember from him are a few of those amazing long runs and some absolutely great curled strikes.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:17:39 am »
Thought we should have gone for him years ago (when he was still at West Ham) and like others, I don't really know how he's done since.  Back then he was definitely something different to what we currently have in midfield though so I'm optimistic

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:18:57 am »
I can see us buying him, and then no one paying the price for Sissoko.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #40 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:19:15 am »
Bit weird that he's dropping down a division so he spends 2 seasons in the Championship instead of 1 but I guess Hull are all over the shop at the minute which will explain it.

I quite like him from what I've seen, he was easily the best player on the park in the playoff final and is different to any of the other midfielders we'll have in the squad.

Any mention of the actual fee?

Offline khay

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:19:39 am »
I can see us buying him, and then no one paying the price for Sissoko.

great then we have two good players at this level. No complaints here.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:19:51 am »

Aye, think I remember that game too.
Yeah he bossed the midfield that game. He would have been a good cheap option for us the past couple of seasons tbh so it's pretty much a no-brainer now imo.

Offline khay

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:20:00 am »
Bit weird that he's dropping down a division so he spends 2 seasons in the Championship instead of 1 but I guess Hull are all over the shop at the minute which will explain it.

I quite like him from what I've seen, he was easily the best player on the park in the playoff final and is different to any of the other midfielders we'll have in the squad.

I'm sure we are making it worth his while.

Offline ads

• woz Kazuki Ito
  • General Member
« Reply #44 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:21:12 am »
How did Hull get in such a mess?

The Allams, fella. Ownership is a joke at that club.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:21:24 am »
Ritchie, Hayden, Diame, the pursuit of Knockaert all players promoted and/or know how to get to the top of the Championship. Not exactly rocket surgery but good stuff.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:22:38 am »

Mentions of £3m release clause, but that's not definite.

Offline Kevo

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:24:04 am »
Any signing in single figures of millions these days is pretty much risk free tbh, especially under £5m! The world has gone mental yet we seem to be the ones spending wisely.

Offline Jayson

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:24:10 am »
Looks a superb signing, watched him in the playoffs & he was the stand out player each time i watched. Looked a step above this divison easily.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Monday 1 August 2016, 10:24:39 am »
Mo Mo Mo he's maggiccccc

You know...

He's better than Sissoko...

Sorted :thup: