Author Topic: Isaac Hayden  (Read 129479 times)

Offline morla84

• General Member
Re: Isaac Hayden
« Reply #1750 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 08:56:33 am »
Also sign Rondon and upgrade on Joselu & Atsu please (wishful thinking)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1751 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:17:14 pm »
Surprised at the lack of bump. Thought he was absolutely tremendous in the second half. Won so much and got us going so many times. Really felt like he dragged us up by our collars a couple of times where it felt it was getting away from us.

What an improvement this lad has gone through. This season's Diame.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #1752 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:22:31 pm »
He's really been putting in some really good performances of late, he missed Longstaff today but fought till the very end and helped us get a very important win.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #1753 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:25:43 pm »
Did anyone else notice him during the celebrations for our second? Was pushing a few people towards the centre as if to say "lets go and win this". He had (another) great game.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #1754 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:33:57 pm »
Wonder if there’s any chance he’ll stay if Rafa signs on? Moot point I suppose.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1755 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:53:02 pm »
I can't help but feel that if he really nailed down a starting spot every week and was excelling that his family would feel more inclined to join him.

When he wasn't playing and perhaps felt that he didn't seem to have a future here it must have been tough to really ask that of them.

Still such a young man ... 23 years old for goodness sake! Would be great if he ended up continuing in this vein and developing into a first team fixture for us.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #1756 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:44:33 pm »
I don't get to see every game but every time he gets an extended run out he seems to shine.
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1757 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:22:55 am »
thought he may have dropped today for diame, but he justified his inclusion.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #1758 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:34:01 am »
Wonder if there’s any chance he’ll stay if Rafa signs on? Moot point I suppose.
Definitely not going off his comments the other week.  Shame though, I actually really want him to stay now

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1759 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:53:17 am »
Think he had a hand in all three. Hope he stays.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #1760 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 08:30:58 am »
He's basically done a Diame from last season.

Whoever signs him has a decent player. Lots of respect for the lad.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Belfast Boy

• General Member
« Reply #1761 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 08:43:57 am »
He wants to move as he has a daughter down south right? Surely given his improved form (really impressed how attacking he can be) and maturity deserves a new better contract offer? I take it he has split from the mother otherwise why would she not move to him?

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #1762 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:05:58 am »
He wants to move as he has a daughter down south right? Surely given his improved form (really impressed how attacking he can be) and maturity deserves a new better contract offer? I take it he has split from the mother otherwise why would she not move to him?

Still together afaik

Guess it's family and not wanting to be away from them with a young baby.
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1763 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:33:38 am »

I noticed on MOTD after the equaliser he stopped the others from over celebrating to try and go on and get the winner.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #1764 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 10:35:00 am »

I don't think there is any chance of him staying.

We should get top dollar for him now though.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #1765 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 10:46:11 am »

I noticed on MOTD after the equaliser he stopped the others from over celebrating to try and go on and get the winner.
Impressive that.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #1766 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:18:01 am »
Did anyone else notice him during the celebrations for our second? Was pushing a few people towards the centre as if to say "lets go and win this". He had (another) great game.
Just noticed this on motd, what a guy. Shame he cant stay, love his attitude

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1767 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:42:11 pm »

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1768 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 02:24:41 pm »

Awesome. Love how they responded, too.

They're an extremely committed bunch, like. Irritates me no end how quick the crowd can get on their backs. At 2-0 yesterday, listening to some of the comments and groans, I was feeling like I never wanted to come back. One bloke was slagging Yedlin off before we'd even kicked off; "look at Yedlin with gloves on... pisses me off, that."

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #1769 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 02:34:52 pm »

Still together afaik

Not quite. They tried being up here but it didn’t work out. The issue is that the baby (and his partner) had a very difficult birth and needs treatment and regular check ups which she gets at the hospital where his girlfriend lives close to.

It’s not just as simple as “move the family up here” or “offer him a better contract”

Some things are more important. I totally respect his decision whatever way it works out and will applaud the lad any time he returns here.

He’s carried himself with total dignity and professionalism in what can only be a terrible situation to be in.
Minge Tingles

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1770 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 07:39:01 pm »

Still together afaik

in his interview recently he said that they wanted to be close to the hospital that had been treating the littl'un rather than changing to yet another one.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #1771 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 09:39:07 am »
He deserves his move away, he's been a model pro and looks like a cracking player right now. We (Ashley) would be able to claim a very sizeable profit on him given the form he's in.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #1772 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 09:50:15 am »
Someone posted a link to an article, I think from The Times, which explained the reasons he needed to be closer to family in the south. It's a good read and showed him up as a great lad who has been through a lot recently.
He loves being at NUFC but is in a difficult situation after his daughter's birth and they need a lot of support from family.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #1773 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 09:51:46 am »

Still together afaik

in his interview recently he said that they wanted to be close to the hospital that had been treating the littl'un rather than changing to yet another one.

That and they get a lot of support from his lasses family.

It's not as simple as some people making out with the "Just move the family up here". The whole extended family aren't exactly going to quit their jobs and come up here just for the benefit of their daughter's boyfriend.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1774 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 11:49:24 am »
Hayden has been very professional and he's played really well this year.

I'm sure we'll get a decent fee for him in the summer, and I wish him well with his family.