Author Topic: Westworld - Returns in 2020  (Read 26588 times)

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
Re: Westworld - US Pace
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
Really enjoyed it and some canny female eye candy as well. :)
The truth points to itself

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 05:32:13 PM »
Not sure if I should watch it this on a week by week basis or just hold off until the end and binge watch.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 05:33:55 PM »
There's a canny bit in the original film as well, that lass/sex robit in medieval world who malfunctions as she refuses her lord is tremendous.

Shame she'll  no doubt have had a hairy gash though.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
There's a canny bit in the original film as well, that lass/sex robit in medieval world who malfunctions as she refuses her lord is tremendous.

Shame she'll  no doubt have had a hairy gash though.

:D Might watch the original film tonight, if I can find it. :)
The truth points to itself

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
Why would a robot trim its muff?

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
I liked it

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 5 October 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
I loved the wouldn't harm a fly teaser.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 6 October 2016, 03:27:27 AM »

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
  • Lenzie, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland UK
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 6 October 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
Thought this was an excellent opening episode. Really well paced, dark, lots of twists and nice narrative. Really good start.
Hope it keeps it up.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 6 October 2016, 06:44:58 PM »
Thought it was brilliant. Already in love with Delores.

So many things they can do with this.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #60 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 12:13:37 AM »
Wow, I didn't expect that to be that good. Loved everything that was going on.

I totally get why this sort of thing wouldn't suit many, but this felt like a real throwback to times when I watched, well, this type of thing.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #61 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 12:14:37 AM »
Loved it. Only minor issue I had is why the f*** kids are allowed into the rape/murder fantasy park? :lol:

But other than that it was pure :sweetjesus: throughout.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 12:48:34 AM »
Loved it. Only minor issue I had is why the f*** kids are allowed into the rape/murder fantasy park? :lol:

good question, also whats stopping guests from shooting each other? Thats got to have happened once when you offer full evil murder/rape whatever androids you like as an option that just attracts a certain type of person. Are they real bullets they seem real enough most of the time

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 04:26:34 AM »

good question, also whats stopping guests from shooting each other? Thats got to have happened once when you offer full evil murder/rape whatever androids you like as an option that just attracts a certain type of person. Are they real bullets they seem real enough most of the time

They are basically BB guns, a guest might feel getting hit but it won't do any damage to them. I guess it's possible for other types of guest on guest violence but apparently the hosts are programmed to protect as well.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #64 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
I really liked it.  They didn't give too much away early doors, but explained it enough for it to make a bit of sense.  Piqued my interest, anyway. 

The cast is a joke.  Delores is ridiculously attractive, Ed Harris is still a boss, Hopkins, Valentin Narcisse from Boardwalk, the guy that played the Dad.  All brilliant.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #65 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:00:25 AM »
How come
Spoiler
[close]
He's doing what he paid for, it's Disney Land for psychos and he's on rapecation. Gonna be sweet when the revolution comes and he meets a grisly end.
« Last Edit: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:15:22 AM by Si »
Bearings Straight!

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:28:46 AM »
How come
Spoiler
[close]
He's doing what he paid for, it's Disney Land for psychos and he's on rapecation. Gonna be sweet when the revolution comes and he meets a grisly end.

No, he seems to be genuinely investigating something.  Surely the owners have found their robots hacked up and missing scalps or heads etc.

This rogue guy going round butchering expensive robots and no one even knows about it  :lol:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #67 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:30:41 AM »
I'm assuming Ed Harris' character is
Spoiler
[close]
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:33:00 AM »
I'm assuming Ed Harris' character is
Spoiler
[close]
:thup:

Trigger happy with a massive knife  :lol:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:40:59 AM »
I wonder if Dolores begins a new painting every day.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
I wonder what the outside world is like. Just watched it back and, other than the photo there is no reference.

I'm guessing for this to turn into 5 series, some of the robots will have to escape into that world, which could be interesting.

After all, how many incidents, worthy of an HBO production, could an amusement park get away with?

palnese

« Reply #71 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 10:22:41 AM »
What an episode. Brilliant stuff.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #72 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 10:56:59 AM »
As much as I enjoyed that, 5 series seems like a massive stretch. Ah well, the crew and cast are pretty stellar I suppose.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 10:58:23 AM »
As much as I enjoyed that, 5 series seems like a massive stretch. Ah well, the crew and cast are pretty stellar I suppose.

Yeah, except that cockney boy. Couldn't get away with him. Probably unfortunate that his first scene involved being a complete dick, like.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #74 on: Friday 7 October 2016, 11:56:42 AM »

Yeah, except that cockney boy. Couldn't get away with him. Probably unfortunate that his first scene involved being a complete dick, like.
He was awful like.
Bearings Straight!