Author Topic: Matt Ritchie  (Read 186642 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Matt Ritchie
« Reply #2925 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
Think a lot of people will  see the importance of having Richie in the side now he’s going to be missing for a couple of months. Hope someone picks up more of a leadership role on the pitch in his absence.

i'm interested in the other side, to see if we can use the ball better than ritchie does in advanced areas
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #2926 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
Think a lot of people will  see the importance of having Richie in the side now he’s going to be missing for a couple of months. Hope someone picks up more of a leadership role on the pitch in his absence.

i'm interested in the other side, to see if we can use the ball better than ritchie does in advanced areas

I think Ritchie is ok with his use of the ball, but he lacks any real threat as an attacker because he's too slow to scare the opposition. Doesn't look like we've got an alternative with pace though, so we won't really see if it could work out well in that department.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #2927 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 07:32:08 PM »
As if his replacements wont also get injured  :lol: I can see both sides, I like ritchie and he can provide great deliveries, but he is also way too slow
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #2928 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 07:34:32 PM »
---------Average PL standard LWB-----------
------------------------------------------------
---------------------Ritchie--------------------
-----------Anyone else in the squad---------

It's difficult to discuss him without being very precise about the whole level of standards of wing backs in general. If you're evaluating him from a narrow point of view taking into account what he's up against in our squad it's not even a close contest and he will be missed. However compared to the PL as a whole he's just not good enough.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #2929 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 07:54:45 PM »
---------Average PL standard LWB-----------
---------------------Ritchie--------------------
-----------Anyone else in the squad---------

It's difficult to discuss him without being very precise about the whole level of standards of wing backs in general. If you're evaluating him from a narrow point of view taking into account what he's up against in our squad it's not even a close contest and he will be missed. However compared to the PL as a whole he's just not good enough.

Extremely harsh
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline D. Yimentov

• General Member
« Reply #2930 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 08:51:01 PM »
He lost my respect with his Ashley's a good owner bollocks. I couldn't wish injury on him but I hope he stands on one of the bairns stickle bricks when he gets up for a wee in the night and it knacks him for a few minutes.
мы любим футбол, но футбол не любит нас

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #2931 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
He lost my respect with his Ashley's a good owner bollocks. I couldn't wish injury on him but I hope he stands on one of the bairns stickle bricks when he gets up for a wee in the night and it knacks him for a few minutes.

:lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2932 on: Friday 30 August 2019, 11:48:20 PM »
Anybody else know why Rafa played this guy for 60 mins a game and then left him out every 4th game?

Ah yes yes it's because he's a liability to himself and his body can't take 4 lots of 90 mins even though he says it can.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2933 on: Saturday 31 August 2019, 08:28:12 AM »
Well his injury was the result of a bad tackle, nothing to do with fitness.
?s=21

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2934 on: Saturday 31 August 2019, 10:10:33 AM »
He runs in treacle and Willems will prove to be a far superior player. Shouting and berating isn't leadership.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2935 on: Saturday 31 August 2019, 10:23:50 AM »
Willems needs a good game or he’ll be written off as s**** before he’s even had a chance. A good run and that spot could be his.
?s=21

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2936 on: Saturday 31 August 2019, 10:25:28 AM »
Actually reminds a bit of the time Ryan Taylor was being used ahead of Santon. Ritchie is pretty much the same as Taylor really.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #2937 on: Saturday 31 August 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

I think Ritchie is ok with his use of the ball, but he lacks any real threat as an attacker because he's too slow to scare the opposition. Doesn't look like we've got an alternative with pace though, so we won't really see if it could work out well in that department.

suspect you'll see a much improved left side if willems turns out to be remotely half decent on the ball
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #2938 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 10:58:20 PM »
Retired from international duty.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #2939 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 08:25:32 AM »
Retired from international duty.

He's played twice for scotland in the last 3 years.  :lol: :lol:

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #2940 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
As much as Richie shouldn't get back in the side, hes a good egg and a very useful utility player, it will be nice to get him back in the squad.

There is no way he is taking Willems position but he will very useful from the bench.

He would have been perfect for the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth at the weekend.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2941 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 09:51:24 AM »
No disrespect to Ritchie but his injury was well timed as bad as that sounds. Had he not been injured when he did, I think Willems would still be on the bench now.
?s=21

Offline ScottishMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #2942 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
f*** him!... wasni really Scottish anyway!!  :p

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2943 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 12:46:58 PM »
No disrespect to Ritchie but his injury was well timed as bad as that sounds. Had he not been injured when he did, I think Willems would still be on the bench now.

Would that have made any difference to results?

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2944 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 02:32:58 PM »

Would that have made any difference to results?

Doubt we’d have scored that goal v Man Utd, or the second at West Ham or v Bournemouth without Willems mind.
?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2945 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 03:01:44 PM »
Willems has been pretty key to most of our attacking play or set pieces
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Disco

« Reply #2946 on: Thursday 28 November 2019, 03:22:10 PM »
Had another op.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #2947 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 01:09:37 AM »
Had another op.

A lucky escape you’d imagine from further injury playing under Bruce who would probably play him as a number 10. Get well soon Brave Heart!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had