Author Topic: Matt Ritchie  (Read 186568 times)

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
Re: Matt Ritchie
« Reply #2725 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 08:30:48 AM »
Reads like a guy fearing for his future
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #2726 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 09:03:45 AM »

More like club PR to me

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #2727 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 09:25:47 AM »
‘We’re competing’ - you maybe Matt

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #2728 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 09:57:31 AM »

More like club PR to me

Certainly looks that way when read in conjunction with the skipper's comments  :undecided:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #2729 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10:11:16 AM »
Or written by a man who joined a Championship club, with no guarantee of promotion.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #2731 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10:28:02 PM »
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #2732 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10:48:46 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8879075/matt-ritchie-told-leave-newcastle-this-summer-new-deal-denied/

Is that Benitez telling Ritchie to leave because if he stays he wants to make changes to the squad or is he giving advice for Ritchie to leave because he won't get the contract he wants by staying at Newcastle. It doesn't sound good for Benitez's future if the club are not even prepared to extend contracts for players nearing 30 years old or over never mind spending money on Rondon because I imagine Benitez is a fan of Ritchie and would like to keep his character in the squad.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #2733 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10:51:12 PM »
Not giving him a new deal when his current deal runs to 2021 is pretty much fair enough.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #2734 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10:57:09 PM »
Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritcihe needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #2735 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 11:10:04 PM »
Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritchie needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

Agree :thup:

I’d cash in on him this summer too he’s turning 30 and we’d probably get over £10million for him still if we sell this summer.

Reinvest it back into a young talented wing back like N’Soki who we tried to buy last summer.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #2736 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 11:19:02 PM »
I don't trust the club to correctly overhaul the squad. Up for the idea of Ritchie leaving but to replace him, Shelvey, Hayden, Diame, Murphy, Gayle and Rondon in one summer...... nah, I don't trust them.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2737 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 01:52:40 AM »
Last time we had an overhaul like that we finished 5th. It was only because of a s**** manager that we didn’t build on that. Don’t think Benítez would make the same mistake.
?s=21

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2738 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
It wouldn’t happen but i’d rather we signed an upgrade and kept him as a squad player.  He’d be a useful player to have on the bench as he can cover a fair few positions and he seems a good character in the dressing room, which i think a lot of people underestimate.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #2739 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritcihe needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

I get that we have to move some players on from the Championship season, but we can't afford to sell all the players you have named especially when the likes of Rondon, Shelvey, Hayden, Darlow, Elliot, Kenedy and maybe a couple of our best players will be sold as well in the summer. If we did that we are looking at buying 2 goalkeepers, 3 defenders, 3 centre midfielders, 4 wingers and 3 strikers in the summer which would be a disaster going into next season when you consider how slow the club is doing transfers.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #2740 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 06:54:22 PM »
if rafa is desperate to raise funds there's few players other than perez or the centre backs that are going to raise big bucks.
think shelvey's value has dropped but we should get double figures for hayden and ritchie.
its a case of whether he can get a better left wingback for the same price.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2741 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 08:31:57 PM »
I’ll answer that, he can’t. We’ll need to invest to improve, not sell to buy. The squad is already the absolute minimum acceptable, except maybe at CB.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #2742 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:35:00 PM »
No complaints today.  Seemed to be making the right passes.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #2743 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
What a fantastic game today, did not stop running and working for the team.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #2744 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:35:21 PM »
Yeah, worked his f***ing ass off today.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #2745 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
Worked his balls off today. Very productive performance.

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #2746 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:37:18 PM »
Yeah, worked his f***ing ass off today.
Worked his balls off today. Very productive performance.

He has lost his pelvis area?? :kasper:

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #2747 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
Sounds like he's off based on that interview.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #2748 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:47:23 PM »
No doubting the commitment, leadership and he has quality. It is why I wasn't happy about him being linked away last season. I get why he needs replacing though and likewise at his age and character why he wont want to sit as a squad player.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #2749 on: Saturday 20 April 2019, 07:57:32 PM »
Brilliant today, as good as he's been all season.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.