Author Topic: Matt Ritchie  (Read 181036 times)

Online STM

• General Member
Re: Matt Ritchie
« Reply #2700 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:23:49 pm »
:lol: howeh. He'll end up in the Nolan category imo.

Why does he go out on the p*ss all the time and will slag the club off when he leaves.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #2701 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:26:52 pm »
:lol: howeh. He'll end up in the Nolan category imo.

Odd comparison considering Nolan was a brilliant player for us when played off a striker. :lol:
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2702 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:29:10 pm »
I think it was a comparison that Ritchie and Nolan were both excellent in the Championship but have quite a lot of limitations playing in the Prem

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #2703 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:30:44 pm »
Both radge c***s too.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #2704 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:35:56 pm »
I think it was a comparison that Ritchie and Nolan were both excellent in the Championship but have quite a lot of limitations playing in the Prem

Aye that's what I meant :thup:
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2705 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:36:59 pm »
Nolan burnt his bridges, f*** him
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #2706 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:50:21 pm »

Not as a second striker he didn't. 12 goals in the Premier League for us that season. Atrocious in midfield obviously.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2707 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:55:07 pm »
I think we upgraded on Nolan at the right time though and we should have upgraded on Ritchie in the summer like we did with Nolan. Obviously easier said than done with our owner

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #2708 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:55:55 pm »
Nice goal but he was still shocking today tbh.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #2709 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:04:22 pm »

Not as a second striker he didn't. 12 goals in the Premier League for us that season. Atrocious in midfield obviously.

Completely agree that Nolan was undoubtedly more effective for us in the PL, I was more making a comment of how he'll be remembered in years to come; i.e. "dragged us to promotion superbly, helped us consolidate, moved on as we looked to improve".
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #2710 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:06:17 pm »
:thup: I get you, I misunderstood. That makes much more sense.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2711 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:08:00 pm »

I remember vividly the season we went down he looked like he'd had ten pints when he played, out of breath after like twenty minutes of football
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2712 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 11:23:54 pm »

Aye that's what I meant :thup:

Brilliant comparison.
?s=21

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #2713 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 06:58:30 am »
I think my proudest moment on here was getting someone to believe Nolan raised a Liverpool scarf and sang YNWA on LFCTV.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #2714 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 08:55:11 pm »
Great cross.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #2715 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 09:58:29 pm »
Didn't put a single foot wrong today.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #2716 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:00:29 pm »
His best performance in a long time.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #2717 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:00:32 pm »
Played really well tonight, even small things like forcing Vardy off that header in the second half, vital.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #2718 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
Really good game today, gave it his all.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #2719 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:05:52 pm »
He has put in the most crosses in the league :lol: probably our most underrated player.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #2720 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:06:57 pm »
Much better that, and remembered how to cross a ball too.

Offline magorific

• General Member
« Reply #2721 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:10:23 pm »
Wasn't just the cross, but the touch which set it up. One in the eye for those who have literally called him a c*nt on here.

Offline Disco

« Reply #2722 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 10:31:24 pm »
Just seen @David Edgar crying about tonight.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #2723 on: Saturday 13 April 2019, 08:23:06 am »

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #2724 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 08:18:03 am »
"People talk about not wanting to be in this position again, but that’s naive when you’re talking about the Premier League.

"It’s a frustrating one.

"I understand, and as players you want to achieve great things, but you have to be realistic.

"Other than the top six, every team can be in the relegation mix.

"Everton spent £100m last season, but with ten games to go, they were still in trouble.

"From the top six down, anyone can be in a relegation battle, anyone.

"Whether they get a bad start or a bad run, you have to be realistic."

"The top six or seven might have that bit more, but the rest of the league is so close.

"This year, there’s a little bit more of a gap, but so many clubs can end up in trouble.

"We’re seen as not spending money, but spending money is no guarantee.

"We’re competing.

"We only came up a couple of years ago, and last season we retained our Premier League status.

"Hopefully, this season, if we continue to play like we did at Leicester, we can get a few more points and finish close to where we did last season."