Poll

Did Gayle deserve number 9 over Mitrović?

Yes
157 (50.6%)
No
78 (25.2%)
Why not Colback?
75 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 308

Author Topic: Dwight Gayle  (Read 246908 times)

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
Re: Dwight Gayle
« Reply #3875 on: Tuesday 10 March 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious to most that Gayle is one of those, too good for the championship but not quite good enough for the Premiership types.

A good lad who who want to do well, but know at this level he just lacks that little extra, Rafa knew it like.
Yes, everybody knows that, its about him being better than Joelinton, not being a top striker or anything

Does it matter? We're all but safe. Gayle will be flogged and we'll be looking to sign another dud in the summer to compare Joelinton against.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #3876 on: Wednesday 11 March 2020, 06:19:40 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious to most that Gayle is one of those, too good for the championship but not quite good enough for the Premiership types.

A good lad who who want to do well, but know at this level he just lacks that little extra, Rafa knew it like.
Yes, everybody knows that, its about him being better than Joelinton, not being a top striker or anything

Ah yes then carry on, and I'll not stick my dinky size 7 in without reading further back next time.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3877 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:08:13 PM »
Dwight ‘natural goalscorer at any level [SB]’ Gayle.

?s=21

Alarming the number of chances around the 6-yard box he seems to miss.
?s=21

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #3878 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:24:52 PM »
Honestly think any Newcastle fan making that type of video about one of our players needs to have a word with themselves. It’s not like he’s had commitment issues. The lad has been plagued by some injuries and missed some chances. He’s probably not good enough at Premier League level but that’s embarrassing.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #3879 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:26:13 PM »
The goal he scored against Sheffield was well taken mind, although yeah he has been found wanting at this level, not really much doubt about that.

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #3880 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:28:42 PM »
Honestly think any Newcastle fan making that type of video about one of our players needs to have a word with themselves. It’s not like he’s had commitment issues. The lad has been plagued by some injuries and missed some chances. He’s probably not good enough at Premier League level but that’s embarrassing.

Penn made it.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3881 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:31:24 PM »
Stupid video.

His finishing is fine. What does he get, one chance a month?

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #3882 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:34:00 PM »
They are easy chances yes but Gayle hasn't been good enough for us since we got promoted and its a sign of how f***ed our squad is that we still start him. A properly run club at this level wouldn't have him on the field to begin with.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3883 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:34:25 PM »
The video is pathetic but it shows a point though. He only has one useful trait at this level (apparently), if he’s missing chances like this he’s no use at all. I’ve never known us to have as weak a selection up front than this.
?s=21

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3884 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:36:45 PM »
It doesn't show a point at all, every striker misses chances.

I know he's not good enough for a functioning PL club, but we aren't a functioning PL club.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #3885 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:38:01 PM »
Should have left when offers were coming in for him instead of holding out for prem football with us. Needs to leave to a promotion chasing team, for good this time. I think though if he’d played as much as Joelinton he’d have 4 times as many goals than him.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3886 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
There's nothing to choose between our strikers really, all have massive glaring weaknesses that should make them unsuitable for NUFC.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #3887 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:40:40 PM »
There's nothing to choose between our strikers really, all have massive glaring weaknesses that should make them unsuitable for NUFC.

Carroll is much better than the others as a centre forward like. Albeit he hasn't scored yet in his few appearances, but if you had to pick one to lead the line it's an absolute no-brainer imo.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #3888 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:47:36 PM »
The video is pathetic but it shows a point though. He only has one useful trait at this level (apparently), if he’s missing chances like this he’s no use at all. I’ve never known us to have as weak a selection up front than this.

The useful trait is getting into the positions. Its hard to get into a rhythm with finishing when you are coming off the bench for half an hour once a month. He also literally scored in his previous game
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3889 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:49:52 PM »
It doesn't show a point at all, every striker misses chances.

I know he's not good enough for a functioning PL club, but we aren't a functioning PL club.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4771/Dwight-Gayle/stats?co=1&se=274

This season:

12 shots at goal, 5 of which on target. 1 goal.

5 big chances missed.

17-18 season.

6 goals from 57 shots (9 big chances missed) when he was first choice for half the season.

For comparison Mitro scored 9 from 79 shots (8 big chances missed) in the season we went down when he was considered to have missed a load of chances.

?s=21

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #3890 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 05:50:40 PM »
He's 3rd choice striker for a lower-mid table side, of course he's crap.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3891 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:06:50 PM »
Joelinton needs to go, now that Carroll is definitely staying, Gayle needs to go...we’re going to need to spend at least £40m on strikers again this summer you’d think.
?s=21

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #3892 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:09:07 PM »
Joelinton needs to go, now that Carroll is definitely staying, Gayle needs to go...we’re going to need to spend at least £40m on strikers again this summer you’d think.

Joelinton is going nowhere. We’re stuck with him until he starts returning goals, even then we’d be lucky to see half of what we paid.

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #3893 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:10:31 PM »

Joelinton is going nowhere. We’re stuck with him until he starts returning goals, even then we’d be lucky to see half of what we paid.

:lol: good luck with that

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #3894 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:12:08 PM »

Some team in Turkey would probably offer us a few quid for him and he'll look alright at best over there.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3895 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:13:01 PM »
Might get £18-20m from someone like Wolfsburg.
?s=21

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #3896 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:18:15 PM »
Be lucky to see £20m for him, especially now the market has burst, if it came in I’d snap their hands off.

Best we could do is loan him out. I’d rather loan him inside of the uk so he can hopefully get used to football here. You’ll get teams who will offer a small fee to take him on the continent, with tall tales they’ll look to sign him without any real intention, but that doesn’t help us. Seems we fall for that quite often. I’d ask Boro if they want him next season, completely free of charge as long as he plays when fit.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #3897 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:19:48 PM »
Such a s*** video.  I get why someone would make it but there is a complete lack of understanding.

Plus this is a guy who has done nothing but do his best for the club.  We wouldn't be back in the Premier League without his goals.

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #3898 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:19:48 PM »
Be lucky to see £20m for him, especially now the market has burst, if it came in I’d snap their hands off.

Best we could do is loan him out. I’d rather loan him inside of the uk so he can hopefully get used to football here. You’ll get teams who will offer a small fee to take him on the continent, with tall tales they’ll look to sign him without any real intention, but that doesn’t help us. Seems we fall for that quite often. I’d ask Boro if they want him next season, completely free of charge as long as he plays when fit.

Theres also the fact he might just need a half decent manager to get more out of him.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #3899 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 06:22:46 PM »

Theres also the fact he might just need a half decent manager to get more out of him.

Well I’ve said before, better players, better manager and Different position and we may see a different player. That’s my 1st choice with him, I’m for keeping him. I’d personally have him upfront with another striker for the rest of the season, see if we can get some goals out of him. If he could grab 3 or so goals before the end of season it’ll give him something to work with next.