Author Topic: Keyboard and touchpad stopping  (Read 3200 times)

Keyboard and touchpad stopping
« on: Monday 27 June 2016, 08:51:31 pm »
My lass's laptop keeps having problems seemingly with the keyboard and mouse stopping working. It started out as just the mouse, but I was able to use the keyboard to go in to control panel and reactivate the deactivated mouse. Now the keyboard is doing the same when this occurs, so I can;t do anything. The laptop isn't crashing, because I have some hotkeys on the function keys, one of which is to turn the screen on and off, which still works when this happens. Funnily enough the mouse and keyboard key do not.

It's a Lenovo and all the drivers are up to date. Not been able to find out what's going on.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
Re: Keyboard and touchpad stopping
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 04:20:41 pm »
My lass's laptop keeps having problems seemingly with the keyboard and mouse stopping working. It started out as just the mouse, but I was able to use the keyboard to go in to control panel and reactivate the deactivated mouse. Now the keyboard is doing the same when this occurs, so I can;t do anything. The laptop isn't crashing, because I have some hotkeys on the function keys, one of which is to turn the screen on and off, which still works when this happens. Funnily enough the mouse and keyboard key do not.

It's a Lenovo and all the drivers are up to date. Not been able to find out what's going on.

Fire it up in safe mode and reinstall the drivers, or whack out a full factory reset of the laptop. Drastic.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

Fire it up in safe mode and reinstall the drivers, or whack out a full factory reset of the laptop. Drastic.

This.

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 10:00:00 am »
FFS

Offline jotenko

• General Member
  • SL BENFICA, PORTUGAL | Best Newcomer 2013
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 12:14:29 pm »
Let me get this straight.

They actually get deactivated in Control Panel. Right?

So, if they both get deactivated, you can actually connect an external USB mouse and reactivate both back. And, eventually, after some seconds ago, it will happen again. Am I correct?

If I'm making any imprecision please correct me, there are different technological standards and regulations in and outside the EU.
FORÇA BENFICA !  |  FORÇA PORTUGAL !

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
Try and external mouse and keyboard, see if you experiences the same issues.

Offline jotenko

• General Member
  • SL BENFICA, PORTUGAL | Best Newcomer 2013
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 June 2016, 12:35:42 pm »
Bloke asks for help and then disappears from thread without even sayin thanks like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ffs
FORÇA BENFICA !  |  FORÇA PORTUGAL !

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 June 2016, 05:17:58 pm »

Gonna take it back if it's hardware. Under warranty.

Jo, I haven't tried an external mouse or keyboard with it. When the keyboard worked but mouse didn't, I was able to go in to control panel using the keyboard and yes, the mouse was 'disabled' and I could re-enable it using the keyboard.

I can't see this anymore as I don't have an external mouse or keyboard at home to use with her laptop. So when the keyboard and mouse go I can;t navigate to Control Panel.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 19 August 2018, 12:45:40 am »
Did you get this sorted @Super Duper Branko Strupar ?

« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 August 2018, 11:16:14 pm »
[emoji38] f*** off

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 September 2018, 04:44:30 pm »
Do you need any help @Super Duper Branko Strupar ?

« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:57:44 am »
You f***ing will.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise