Author Topic: Wor Flags  (Read 163350 times)

Offline Ikon

• General Member
Re: Gallowgate Flags
« Reply #50 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 07:58:07 am »
What is the name of the one we used to play when the players entered the pitch? I really miss that one. Not sure how to explain it but it sounded like something out of a LOTR movie, a scene where something evil is about to happen :lol: Like an orchestre (spelling?)

I used to absolutely love that one, it sounded so majestic and powerful. Something that would make Colback p*ss his pants while running out.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:01:56 am »
I know what one you mean. Used to love it when it was Blitzkreig Bop, that Jarrow one, Blaydon Races, that, then Local Hero.
?s=21

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:04:19 am »
Should go back to that :thup:  :frantic: :smitten: :snod: :drool:

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #53 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:05:54 am »
What is the name of the one we used to play when the players entered the pitch? I really miss that one. Not sure how to explain it but it sounded like something out of a LOTR movie, a scene where something evil is about to happen :lol: Like an orchestre (spelling?)

I used to absolutely love that one, it sounded so majestic and powerful. Something that would make Colback p*ss his pants while running out.

Carmina Burana?

Would prefer The Ecstasy of Gold, as Rafa triumphantly emerges from the tunnel, tbh.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:08:30 am »
YES! That one. It's absolutely amazing, a proper fortress kind of tune. Just listened to it again and it makes me shiver and gets me charged up at least :lol:

Only problem with this one would be seeing Mitrovic running around and eating players before the starting whistle and get sent off.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #55 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:40:14 am »
I know what one you mean. Used to love it when it was Blitzkreig Bop, that Jarrow one, Blaydon Races, that, then Local Hero.

:smitten: I made a CD of the songs in that order so that I could listen to it while I got ready for the match. :lol:

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:49:16 am »

:smitten: I made a CD of the songs in that order so that I could listen to it while I got ready for the match. :lol:

Did you used to pretend you were walking out at St James' Park too, clapping the fans etc? :D

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:51:04 am »

Did you used to pretend you were walking out at St James' Park too, clapping the fans etc? :D

No, but I was once listening to Local Hero on the way home from work and I jogged through an underpass just as the good bit was kicking in, as if I was coming out of the tunnel. :blush:

Offline Leazes_End_Mag

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:51:08 am »
Off topic a little but Rocking all over the World always makes me smile whenever I hear it now.

The memories of that blaring through the sound system whilst hugging every human around me in SJP after Cisse had just buried Marveauxs cross will live long in the memory.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:51:45 am »
The Escasty Of Gold should be the team entrance music for sure.

Offline Chicken Dancer

• General Member
  • Hola
« Reply #60 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:57:19 am »

Should always be Local Hero to be fair.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:02:20 am »

That's a movie. Take it you mean Going Home? Always found it a bit trite. Time for a new start.

Offline Wallace

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:04:35 am »

Wasn't it from the Carmina Burana?

Offline Chicken Dancer

• General Member
  • Hola
« Reply #63 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:37:22 am »

That's a movie. Take it you mean Going Home? Always found it a bit trite. Time for a new start.

I am aware of that fact, but everyone calls it Going Home like don't they. Nah we got rid of it under Allardyce and it was s***. Part of tradition, keep it.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:44:25 am »

I am aware of that fact, but everyone calls it Going Home like don't they. Nah we got rid of it under Allardyce and it was s***. Part of tradition, keep it.

It's only a latter day tradition and like you say it's been changed before. If we are however going to keep lets at least call it by its name :lol:

The irony is its farewell music! :lol:

Ecstasy Of Gold for me. Fresh start. :thup:

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:49:07 am »
Think we're missing a trick not utilising Baby Elephant Walk in some way tbh.

Bring back the Kurt Angle theme anarl.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline U2

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:49:24 am »

A billion :thup: s

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #67 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 09:50:35 am »
Going Home has to be played as the last thing before silence and kick off, it's absolutely class. Obviously it doesn't have the same associations now because we've been terrible for so long, but it'll come back. Essential part of the match experience IMO.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 11:18:02 am »
Always loved the New Radicals mix that Radio Newcastle (I think) did when we got to the cup final.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 11:46:30 am »
Always loved the New Radicals mix that Radio Newcastle (I think) did when we got to the cup final.

Absolutely hate that song :lol: I'm feeling I right old grump today :lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:01:22 pm »
I'm a total music moron but I've just heard Escasty Of Gold and I think that would be an amazing choice for the music

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:02:14 pm »
They've raised £1,000 so far.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Friday 1 July 2016, 08:08:16 pm »
Leave it as local hero imo

Offline Wallsendmag