Author Topic: Wor Flags  (Read 189032 times)

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: Wor Flags
« Reply #2950 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 04:55:57 PM »
This is a different argument to the one I initially engaged in (which I admitted to being rife with hypocrisy on my part from the very beginning), but would that 'repulsive business model' be to invest heavily with a view to becoming the best product it can be, thus providing a one-stop-shop for all the best material on the market, worthy of the subscription fee (which, again, is currently £0)? Or is there something else I don't know about?

"We will wait every local paper out and let them continuously bleed until we are the last ones standing. We will suck them dry of their best talent at every moment. We will make business extremely difficult for them."

Just a thoroughly unpleasant bunch with a few quid who don't actually give a stuff about journalism. I don't think we need American companies to control our journalism just because we happen to speak the same language either but that's a personal bee in my bonnet that everyone already knows about. :lol:

I wouldn't advocate posting their articles in full on here but that's mainly because I wouldn't want our site to get in any trouble. I like George Caulkin a lot personally and professionally but The Athletic can crash and burn.

:thup:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2951 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 05:20:15 PM »
I remember them coming out with that, obviously deeply unpleasant, even if it was just bravado designed to ruffle feathers and get some publicity.

Offline The Brittle Waster

• Got wrong for defying the clique
  • General Member
« Reply #2952 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 07:52:41 PM »
They dont need to knacker the Chron - the Chrons doing a wonderful job of that all on its own
" We are on the brink of a new era , if only ... "

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #2953 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
They dont need to knacker the Chron - the Chrons doing a wonderful job of that all on its own

Aye it’s a shitrag like, it’s constant arse licking of hasbeen local gangsters absolutely does my nut in.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #2954 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
I unliked the Chronicle on FB etc ages ago. Even if their journalism was top class their website is utter horseshit and needs to be avoided at all costs.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline The Brittle Waster

• Got wrong for defying the clique
  • General Member
« Reply #2955 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
Like it or not The Athletic is preferable to the Chron . If you want something going someway towards Hugh Mcillvaney as opposed to Lee Easy Ryder
" We are on the brink of a new era , if only ... "