Author Topic: Wor Flags  (Read 180933 times)

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
Re: Wor Flags
« Reply #2900 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 10:12:31 AM »
As if you need to justify any of it. The irony of such superb effort and creativity being ‘owned’ by some berk superimposing comic sans whilst being egged on by obsessed morlocks is all the sweeter.

Offline Rich

• General Member
« Reply #2901 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 10:20:16 AM »
For the folk asking where's this and that here's an insight as to what happened.
We talked about this last year and actually started the gofundme 5 months ago and out it on our Twitter etc. I can't remember the exact figure but in the first month it slowly got up to £700 or so., but then with all the anti Ashley and pro Rafa campaigns it was put on the back burner. We thought about abandoning the idea and giving the money back or giving it one last blast thinking it would crawl along and we'd do it for next season all being well with Rafa. With this in mind we told Dan our designer he had months to knock something up, well, it went crazy! We raised the total in about 3 weeks and with the prospect of the Liverpool game being Rafa's last plus the fact it would take 3 weeks just to print the material never mind stitch it all together poor Dan had to design then draw all the landmarks in a week. I'm not really sure how vectors work but basically he put in a 70 hour week and this is when he's self employed and just had a bairn. We had a massive list of landmarks and we all agreed that the city centre usual suspects had to be on, we did have Bamburgh castle , Lindisfarne etc on but it was simply a matter of space (and time).
For Durham cathedral we really had no choice, nearly half the merch we sell is to a DH postcode , we have a massive Durham fanbase which was present long before 1992 and didn't just happen with Keegan's arrival as our friends down the road  would have you believe.
Anyway I'm from Whickham so technically Co Durham and I've been going since 1973!
It's also sent the mackems into meltdown which is never a bad thing, as it happens Andy one of our group lives in Doxford Park, he's a Washington lad and been a mag all his life so they're lucky we didn't put Penshaw monument on.
We thought we'd make it a bit lighthearted so we hoyed a few fans on with flags, a  domestos advert ,a Ringtons van, a bottle of Lucozade ( if you can find it) and various other things.

Btw it was me that insisted the cows were on, can't have a flag with local stuff on and not have the Toon Moor Coos on can ya ??

You lot are absolute kings among men. Thank you for these last few years.
It could’ve been worse, I could’ve been born a mackem.

Offline geordie_b

• General Member
« Reply #2902 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
Really hope there is another magpie on it somewhere

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #2903 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 01:02:56 PM »
For the folk asking where's this and that here's an insight as to what happened.
We talked about this last year and actually started the gofundme 5 months ago and out it on our Twitter etc. I can't remember the exact figure but in the first month it slowly got up to £700 or so., but then with all the anti Ashley and pro Rafa campaigns it was put on the back burner. We thought about abandoning the idea and giving the money back or giving it one last blast thinking it would crawl along and we'd do it for next season all being well with Rafa. With this in mind we told Dan our designer he had months to knock something up, well, it went crazy! We raised the total in about 3 weeks and with the prospect of the Liverpool game being Rafa's last plus the fact it would take 3 weeks just to print the material never mind stitch it all together poor Dan had to design then draw all the landmarks in a week. I'm not really sure how vectors work but basically he put in a 70 hour week and this is when he's self employed and just had a bairn. We had a massive list of landmarks and we all agreed that the city centre usual suspects had to be on, we did have Bamburgh castle , Lindisfarne etc on but it was simply a matter of space (and time).
For Durham cathedral we really had no choice, nearly half the merch we sell is to a DH postcode , we have a massive Durham fanbase which was present long before 1992 and didn't just happen with Keegan's arrival as our friends down the road  would have you believe.
Anyway I'm from Whickham so technically Co Durham and I've been going since 1973!
It's also sent the mackems into meltdown which is never a bad thing, as it happens Andy one of our group lives in Doxford Park, he's a Washington lad and been a mag all his life so they're lucky we didn't put Penshaw monument on.
We thought we'd make it a bit lighthearted so we hoyed a few fans on with flags, a  domestos advert ,a Ringtons van, a bottle of Lucozade ( if you can find it) and various other things.
Btw it was me that insisted the cows were on, can't have a flag with local stuff on and not have the Toon Moor Coos on can ya ??

Please, please, please. It'll finally push most of them over the edge  :lol:

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #2904 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 12:43:41 PM »
f***ing wish you'd put Penshaw monument on it. I honestly think they'd spontaneously combust!!!

Sure Blaydon Races lyrics are on it above the Magpie in the middle.

As previously said absolutely magnificent effort.

Offline TooonDoom

• General Member
« Reply #2905 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
my old man is near 80.   I told him about this Mackem Durham 92 thing and he just p*ssed himself laughing.  He said there was always a large Durham support.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #2906 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Newcastle United has always attracted huge support right across the North East down to North Yorkshire, up to the Scottish Borders and over to Cumbria. It comes with the territory of being the biggest club in the region.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #2907 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 04:07:08 PM »
Not that any of this matters really but my Dad's birth certificate says County Durham on it - he's from South Shields, on Tyneside.

Offline JCONA

• General Member
  • I'm not living. I'm just killing time.
« Reply #2908 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 08:11:03 PM »

Today was the day I learnt domestos was invented in Newcastle :lol:

Thanks to all of yous involved. Keep it up! It's greatly appreciated!

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #2909 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 02:06:26 PM »
Great effort on the flag. We have to get a Penshaw Mags flag done next to watch the mackem meltdowns that will ensue.
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #2910 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 02:10:20 PM »
Brilliant flag mind.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #2911 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 03:24:03 PM »
Any chance you guys could upload the image of what went to the flag printererer? Would be cool to paw through it.

Online Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #2912 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
It'll be like a Where's Wally, without Wally.

Offline Cookie1892

• General Member
« Reply #2913 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 08:57:30 AM »
Any chance you guys could upload the image of what went to the flag printererer? Would be cool to paw through it.

aye i want to find mine and the bairns name