Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 192656 times)

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Re: The Wrestling Thread - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #6275 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 01:43:42 PM »

:( Really sad about this, not because I'd seen her wrestle properly yet but because she was on Terrace House which I watch with my wife. Apparent suicide after being cyber bullied due to an incident on the show where she argued with another member.

She was such a lovely person, really bubbly and funny and innocent and beautiful. And by all accounts a really talented wrestler with a bright future. Such a shame.

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #6276 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 01:59:12 PM »
Oh my god that's heartbreaking  :( People are f***ing assholes.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #6277 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
Watched half of AEW PPV last neet, watching rest now. Been a good show so far, MJF and Jungle Boy had a great match. 17-18 mins and they really went for it.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #6278 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
Jon Moxley/Brodie Lee was a lot of fun - very good Championship brawl. Loved the mini-crowd chanting "this is Awesome"  :lol:

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #6279 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
Not reading your posts for fear of spoilers, but just seen Wednesday's Dynamite, going to watch AEWTF at some stage through the day and saving Double or Nothing for later tonight. Cannit wait man.

How long is the show?
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #6280 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
The main event is incredible. 5 on 5 brawl all over the Jags stadium with a ring in the middle of the field, with big NFL style entrances for each wrestler  :lol:

Completely wacky, but so entertaining. Show was about 3 hours 45 mins - hyped for Dynamite on Wednesday - this was a very good show.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #6281 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 05:59:43 PM »
Nice one, will stick it on soon!

Offline O'Neill

• General Member
« Reply #6282 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:22:05 PM »
The main event is incredible. 5 on 5 brawl all over the Jags stadium with a ring in the middle of the field, with big NFL style entrances for each wrestler  :lol:

Completely wacky, but so entertaining. Show was about 3 hours 45 mins - hyped for Dynamite on Wednesday - this was a very good show.

I'll be happy to disagree with you. I thought it was a very mixed bag. Much like WWE when AEW do wrestling they do it very well and when they deviate from wrestling it just becomes car crash, spot-fest nonsense. 5/10 for me. If you take out the first match and the main event then it's an 8/10 because everything else was actually rather good.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #6283 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 02:27:42 PM »
Well I thought it was bloody brilliant. With regards to the main event, me and the wife haven't laughed like that at a wrestling show in a long time :lol:

You absolutely have to suspend your belief even further, but just go for it man, enjoy it for what it is. Hardy's spots were genuinely funny, Hangman and Hager were great, Jericho going radge at Aubrey in the VAR hut, the 100 yard suplex, Le Sex God being attacked by sprinklers and the finale - great watch. We're 100% there when they do a ppv over here. I said to the wife that they should probably do a smaller show at Craven Cottage, maybe film Dynamite after the ppv there - "What the f*** is Craven Cottage?" :facepalm:

Really pleased for Hikaru Shida, she's got the full package, just hope they don't turn her heel any time soon. Hope Britt Baker is back sometime soon too, she's the best female heel I've seen in a long time. Really not a fan of Nyla, not sure what she brings to the party at all, other than her size and strength...

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #6284 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 03:04:21 PM »

:( Really sad about this, not because I'd seen her wrestle properly yet but because she was on Terrace House which I watch with my wife. Apparent suicide after being cyber bullied due to an incident on the show where she argued with another member.

She was such a lovely person, really bubbly and funny and innocent and beautiful. And by all accounts a really talented wrestler with a bright future. Such a shame.
Watch this short vid for a snapshot of how beautiful and adorable this lady was :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/gp2svd/word_asscoiation_with_hana_kimura_rip/

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #6285 on: Yesterday at 10:02:19 AM »
Watching AEW Dynamite with a coffee this morning.

Spoiler
[close]