Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 137349 times)

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Re: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5200 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 03:04:57 pm »
Have heard the same stories indicating he was a pretty horrible bloke in the 80s but an amazing technical wrestler and seemed miles ahead of his time in that respect.  I read his book Pure Dynamite when it came out and it was pretty amazing actually.  Was very sad how he had to live so much of his life in a wheelchair having once been so agile and active.  Anyway sad news, RIP.

Remembered just then that I used to buy this mag called Power Slam during the Attitude era which was totally class, looks like it finished in 2014 but there are books with the best bits of the magazine over the years on Kindle so I might pick them up.

https://www.findlaymartin.co.uk/books

Edit - Ah it looks like they've got the Dynamite kid interview I was thinking of in the 2nd of those books actually, gonna pick all 3 of them up as the quality of the content in that mag was brilliant iirc so 20 quid seems a steal.
« Last Edit: Thursday 6 December 2018, 03:19:30 pm by Interpolic »

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #5201 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 03:29:11 pm »
It's getting to the point now that when a wrestler in the 80s and 90s isn't proved to be an asshole i'm shocked.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #5202 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:25:03 pm »
Aye, the Wrestle Me podcast is brilliant for stories about wrestlers doing geet loads of beak in the 80s like.