Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 367807 times)

Offline LV

• General Member
Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #4975 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:23:04 AM »
Did we ever get rid of the dead pigeon

Nah, he’s still the manager

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #4976 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 09:35:52 PM »
Have fun88 signed a new deal since they began? As this would be their last year on the original deal.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #4977 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 10:08:06 PM »
Have fun88 signed a new deal since they began? As this would be their last year on the original deal.
If they have then it hasn’t been public ally disclosed. The shirt manufacturer is also up this season. There is no rumours about who is taking over either. Charnley probably hasn’t even had time to tender them out.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #4978 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
Our shitshow operation probably "forgot" all about them. Conveniently needing us to replace them with an Ashley sportswear brand and Sports Direct sponsorship on the cheap at short notice.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4979 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:38:27 AM »
Our shitshow operation probably "forgot" all about them. Conveniently needing us to replace them with an Ashley sportswear brand and Sports Direct sponsorship on the cheap at short notice.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play in black bin bags, if our training facilities are anything to go by.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #4980 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 05:16:06 AM »

Wouldn't be surprised if we play in black bin bags, if our training facilities are anything to go by.
We'll just be the "Skins" all season.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #4981 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 01:06:37 PM »
Just see what Sports Direct have in stock. Old Man Utd kits or something.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #4982 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
Brilliant depressing read

https://theathletic.co.uk/1619457/2020/02/20/salomon-rondon-newcastle-interview/

The logic or otherwise of that policy stirs anguished debate — Joelinton, Rondon’s permanent replacement, is 23, cost £40 million, and has contributed one Premier League goal — although Rondon cannot do very much about that. He lifts his shoulders. “It’s about decisions and it wasn’t my decision,” he says. “If Newcastle had offered me a deal, if they’d said ‘Do you want to stay here?’, then of course I would have stayed.”

He sounds wistful now. “To be honest, last season was the best I’ve ever had,” he says. “Not just because I scored goals, but because everything around me was so right, from the school of my children, to the city, the people, my family being happy. I was working really hard in every training session to be in the team and I did everything properly for that. I was playing. Everything was perfect.”
« Last Edit: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:18:55 AM by Paully »

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #4983 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:20:39 AM »
f***s sake

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #4984 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:31:10 AM »
Went to China for the money like his mercenary boss

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #4985 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:35:31 AM »
Horrific reading that.  :jesuswept:

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #4986 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 10:03:29 AM »
Would he like to come back to England? “I hope so, one day,” he says. “If Newcastle made me the offer, I’d definitely come back!” He smiles again.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4987 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
:(
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4988 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 10:47:58 AM »
He sounds wistful now. “To be honest, last season was the best I’ve ever had,” he says. “Not just because I scored goals, but because everything around me was so right, from the school of my children, to the city, the people, my family being happy. I was working really hard in every training session to be in the team and I did everything properly for that. I was playing. Everything was perfect.”

Bearings Straight!

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4989 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 11:24:34 AM »
He’s too old though they said. He’s a money grabbing mercenary they said. f*** off NUFC and local press who carried that s*** rhetoric. shocking that a player who actually puts effort on and off the pitch, stays out of trouble etc wants to be paid the going rate. A true commitment is playing for free and being 23 with sell on value.
N U F C

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4990 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 12:10:21 PM »
I think he’d struggle under Bruce the same way he did under Pulis & Pardew. He might have a few more goals but I think any striker in this set up would struggle.
?s=21

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #4991 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:46:03 PM »
He’s too old though they said. He’s a money grabbing mercenary they said. f*** off NUFC and local press who carried that s*** rhetoric. shocking that a player who actually puts effort on and off the pitch, stays out of trouble etc wants to be paid the going rate. A true commitment is playing for free and being 23 with sell on value.

Unbelievable

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4992 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
i should tell my employers to not give me a raise this upcoming year - just should be reasonable given how much i love working for them.
N U F C

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #4993 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
i should tell my employers to not give me a raise this upcoming year - just should be reasonable given how much i love working for them.

Ha correct!

Glad GC put him right!

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4994 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:02:02 PM »
Rondon wanted to stay even without Rafa - family man loved the area and wanted to finally settle down. Nah man, no - too old.
N U F C

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #4995 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:04:18 PM »
Pretty sure Rafa going did have a big impact mind.

I'd imagine unlike a large a set of our fans, players care more about the quality of the manger over where they were born.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #4996 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:05:49 PM »
Was pretty well known around the city that Rondon went to Halfords Autocare for his motoring needs as well thus rendering Steve's in-depth knowledge of Kwik-Fit absolutely useless.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4997 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
Pretty sure Rafa going did have a big impact mind.

I'd imagine unlike a large a set of our fans, players care more about the quality of the manger over where they were born.

those quotes seem pretty clear he'd love to come back and just play here but none the less
N U F C

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #4998 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 05:06:26 PM »
They've painted a sort of Shearer mural thing in one of the subways near Manors car park with loads of old-school Big Al photos. Really s**** photo but an example being

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #4999 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 10:24:05 PM »
Shame they couldn’t get a Newcastle one.