Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 417313 times)

Online Yorkie

• General Member
Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #6500 on: Monday 28 December 2020, 04:24:22 PM »
Yep, it's a great point. Those with a particular agenda will go on as if our squad is only fit for relegation and/or the division below, as if we haven't had comfortable seasons in this division with the likes of Peter Ramage, Alan Smith, Amdy Faye, Celestine Babayaro, Andreas Anderson - to name just a handful off the top of my head - playing dozens and dozens of games. I don't think there's a single player in our current first team squad who, talent-wise, I'd put in the bottom rung of players we've had over the last twenty years. Maybe Jeff Linton.

Is that not a sign of the league improving as a whole

I suppose it has, but even relatively speaking. Like the example given; Ramage/Huntington et al vs Defoe/Berbatov is a bigger mismatch than anything our current players have featured in over the last couple of years. Overall point being, this is miles away from the worst squad we've had at this level yet, when it's useful to, it gets labelled as such.

Online Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #6501 on: Monday 28 December 2020, 09:36:58 PM »
?s=19

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #6502 on: Monday 28 December 2020, 10:07:00 PM »
Is it bad that part of me thinks this is deliberately done to fish for a signed version as usually happens when stuff like this occurs?

Edit: didn't mean to also put the link in :lol:

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #6503 on: Tuesday 29 December 2020, 07:07:40 AM »
Is it bad that part of me thinks this is deliberately done to fish for a signed version as usually happens when stuff like this occurs?

Edit: didn't mean to also put the link in :lol:

Nah, he’s effectively paid for a bit of attention.  Just another form of paid advertising.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #6504 on: Sunday 3 January 2021, 01:30:15 PM »
Completely forgot this fella existed, but was just what's the deal with Saivet?

Not registered in PL squad, neither sold nor loaned out. Would guess he's sitting out his contract, but his whole signing and never featuring seems shady asf - can barely recall how bad he was. Last I remember that free-kick away at West Ham.

State of our midfield going into this season, and the club thinking signing Hendrick is any sort of answer it seems odd he hasn't featured at all.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6505 on: Sunday 3 January 2021, 01:51:03 PM »
He’ll be on £30k or thereabouts. Can’t blame him sitting on that sort of money when his next contract will be on a fraction of that elsewhere. Doubt he’s ‘rich’ rich compared to other Premier League footballers, we’ll have set him up for life.
?s=21

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #6506 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 05:31:58 AM »
What a stat this is!

?s=21

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #6507 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 12:42:58 PM »
?s=21

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6508 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 05:39:36 PM »
:lol:
?s=21

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #6509 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 07:11:11 AM »
Just went to look at how we went from top at xmas in 2001/02 to being 4th and 16 points behind Arsenal by the end of the season. (Remember the Bellamy injury and everything, but still). I never realized til now that Arsenal didn't lose a single game after we beat them in that 3-1 at Highbury, and they only drew three.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #6510 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 03:40:30 PM »
?s=21

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #6511 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 03:44:37 PM »
Proper want that strip now.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #6512 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 03:47:58 PM »
I used to have it like 15 years ago. But gave it to a kid in Thailand who was collecting football shirts. Almost regret it.

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #6513 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 04:13:50 PM »
?s=21

Back in the day when we were bigger than City, Chelsea and Spurs. Anyone who wasn’t around during this time can never appreciate how big this f***ing club can be.

Online Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #6514 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
?s=21
Back in the day when we were bigger than City, Chelsea and Spurs. Anyone who wasn’t around during this time can never appreciate how big this f***ing club can be.
:thup:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #6515 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 07:57:27 PM »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-goal-marseille-uefa-cup-19569987?fbclid=IwAR2nQ3I_B3zZGzAuwTiq70fQxAPvTSkV3OwIGdQt6L4jSRhgrPUtyyRsV-o

'Why Goal! movie proved to be a 'distraction' ahead of Newcastle United's UEFA Cup clash at Marseille'

Didn't realize they were with the team then, since all the footage came from following season.

Offline GavMcEl

• General Member
« Reply #6516 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 09:01:21 PM »
?s=21
dont know why but that photo gives me goosebumps
 purchased that Jersey on ebay in the summer of 2014.... it's a bit small on me now but some times I look at it in my wardrobe  and just it admire it, it's just a thing of beauty in every  aspect

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6517 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 09:48:53 PM »
Just went to look at how we went from top at xmas in 2001/02 to being 4th and 16 points behind Arsenal by the end of the season. (Remember the Bellamy injury and everything, but still). I never realized til now that Arsenal didn't lose a single game after we beat them in that 3-1 at Highbury, and they only drew three.

Aye, I know Ferguson once said if Bellamy had stayed fit we might have won it but I don’t think anyone would have stopped Arsenal that second half of the season, they were something else. Won 18 and drew 3 of the 21 after that.
?s=21

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #6518 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 11:09:11 PM »
?s=21

Literally everywhere you went, and I mean anywhere in England, Europe or further afield you bumped into someone wearing one of those tops. If you had one on and were in another part of the world you were stopped by locals constantly wanting to talk about Alan Shearer or Kevin Keegan. We were absolutely massive back then, not just making up the numbers. I still remember a Daily Mirror article circa 1996 which displayed a league table of the top selling replica kit sales in the UK and we were top by miles (Rangers 2nd, Man Utd 3rd).
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6519 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
?s=19

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #6520 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
Shame fans aren’t allowed - 40,000 lobbing cabbages at the useless b****** would be a wonderful sight!

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #6521 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-goal-marseille-uefa-cup-19569987?fbclid=IwAR2nQ3I_B3zZGzAuwTiq70fQxAPvTSkV3OwIGdQt6L4jSRhgrPUtyyRsV-o

'Why Goal! movie proved to be a 'distraction' ahead of Newcastle United's UEFA Cup clash at Marseille'

Didn't realize they were with the team then, since all the footage came from following season.
The bloke Bridges talks about being sat next to on the plane also missed out on the part of Aragorn in LotR. Nightmare.

Not that it was a masterpiece or anything (:lol:), but I wonder how different the film would have been if they'd used the UEFA cup stuff?

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #6522 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:47:37 AM »

Offline Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #6523 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:58:58 AM »
?s=21

I get adverts on facebook for the modern replica version which looks f*** all like the original. I made a comment to that effect and they deleted it.  :lol:

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #6524 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 12:18:28 PM »
Villa game been rescheduled for next Sunday.