Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 368498 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #5975 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:15:48 PM »
Pull your stupid twisty face as much as you like, him being dropped by Rafa and not getting a game played just as big a part of him wanting away, don’t care what anyone says. Amazing how everything is all hunky dory again now he plays all the time under Bruce. Its that hunky dory he is more than willing to stay away for another 6 years. Well until he ever gets dropped again, then he’ll be slamming in that transfer request again.

Players do tend to want to play, like. Sure, not being in the team will have a bearing on his situation, just like any other player.

Bloke has settled in nicely and is probably the most important midfielder we have. No need to wet your knickers over what he might do in the future.

Offline David Icke - Son of God

• General Member
  • Bellend
« Reply #5976 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:18:15 PM »
Pull your stupid twisty face as much as you like, him being dropped by Rafa and not getting a game played just as big a part of him wanting away, don’t care what anyone says. Amazing how everything is all hunky dory again now he plays all the time under Bruce. Its that hunky dory he is more than willing to stay away for another 6 years. Well until he ever gets dropped again, then he’ll be slamming in that transfer request again.

How do you get through the day without shitting your pants your precious thing?
"Following media reports this morning the chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone."

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #5977 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:21:26 PM »
Your precious thing? What’s my precious thing?

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #5978 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

Agreed that playing time often factors in to a player deciding where he does/doesn't want to play. Of course, in Hayden's case he was close to wrapping up an entire half a season of consecutive starts when last reiterating that he wanted away.

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #5979 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:28:27 PM »

Why can't everyone just get along?

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #5980 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:37:58 PM »

Agreed that playing time often factors in to a player deciding where he does/doesn't want to play. Of course, in Hayden's case he was close to wrapping up an entire half a season of consecutive starts when last reiterating that he wanted away.

Which is true too, and then Bruce arrived, started using him all the time then everything was fine again and he didn’t want to leave. I look at people like Gavin Peacock who wanted to leave us because of his bairn, and he followed it through and left. Total respect to him for that as family always comes first. Just in Hayden’s case. He wanted to leave (gave his reasons and fair enough on that, we all would want to do the same) but then Bruce came in, gave him his games and then he seemed to calm down and want to stay again and now he signs a 6 year contract? Hopefully he has managed to move his child up with him then and has him in a happier place. But if not, it just comes across like he didn’t like being benched all the time by Rafa.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5981 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:41:19 PM »
?s=21

Surely not Gayle man.

Darrow’s my favourite player.

Online Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #5982 on: Friday 11 September 2020, 03:41:54 PM »
Pretty sure Hayden got plenty of game time under Benitez, especially towards the end of the 18/19 season.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5983 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 12:16:52 AM »
Wonder how many changes in midweek for Blackburn? Could see Miggy starting and Fraser getting 20-30 minutes.
?s=21

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #5984 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 12:22:38 AM »
Can see Krafth, Longstaff, Almiron, Joelinton and maybe even Gillespie all starting at the very least. I think they need to get minutes into as many legs as possible as the games come thick and fast (if you win the cup games at least).

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #5985 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 12:44:10 AM »
That team should win easily in the cup.
N U F C

Offline LFEE

• General Member

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5987 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:57:22 PM »

Which is true too, and then Bruce arrived, started using him all the time then everything was fine again and he didn’t want to leave. I look at people like Gavin Peacock who wanted to leave us because of his bairn, and he followed it through and left. Total respect to him for that as family always comes first. Just in Hayden’s case. He wanted to leave (gave his reasons and fair enough on that, we all would want to do the same) but then Bruce came in, gave him his games and then he seemed to calm down and want to stay again and now he signs a 6 year contract? Hopefully he has managed to move his child up with him then and has him in a happier place. But if not, it just comes across like he didn’t like being benched all the time by Rafa.

His daughter got a lot better which influenced his decision.

He played regularly under Rafa but still wanted to leave. You seem desperate to make out that he's some sort of villain in all of this

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #5988 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:03:07 PM »

His daughter got a lot better which influenced his decision.

He played regularly under Rafa but still wanted to leave. You seem desperate to make out that he's some sort of villain in all of this

Not trying to be desperate at all. Just find it a little strange how someone could be desperate to leave for family reasons to the go and sign a 6 year contract. If he has his family up now with him then great and it’s worked out well for him, but I think lack of interest from other clubs and him getting regular games (he seems to rate Bruce too) is a massive factor for him deciding to stay now. It’s no big deal by the way, just my own thoughts on it.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5989 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:08:29 PM »
It's no big deal but you've mentioned it in a few threads now.

I'm pretty sure he was linked with Palace and Brighton. He'd definitely get a game for them

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #5990 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:14:01 PM »
Probably my untrustworthy nature shining through. Just the way he was constantly hankering for a move in every interview, to all of a sudden staying for another 6 years. Personally if I was that desperate to get back to my sick child (who wouldn’t!) then I would make sure I did and it happened, not stay away for another 6 years. Like I said, hopefully he has his family up here with him now and it’s all working out. But to me it just came across more of him agitating to move when he wasn’t playing.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5991 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:17:38 PM »
Think it would be a pretty shitty thing for him to do to talk so much about his daughter's health if it was more to do with him wanting a move because he wasn't playing.

He still wanted to move when he was playing regularly

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #5992 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:20:12 PM »
It really would be, totally agree. That’s why I don’t understand him wanting to hang around for 6 years playing for this mess of a manager, but he seems to like him.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #5993 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:09:10 PM »
Newport or Watford away in cup if we get by morcambe

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #5994 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:13:35 PM »
Newport or Watford away in cup if we get by morcambe
This is turning into a decent draw.

Offline nbthree3

« Reply #5995 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:16:28 PM »
1 win against Watford in a decade (a 1-0 that got us the 1st win of 18/19, the only win since the 2009/10 season) - out of 9 attempts. Hopefully history isn't on their side with that in mind.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #5996 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 11:26:04 PM »
Watford probably still just as strong as us aswell.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5997 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 02:19:45 AM »
We couldn’t have asked for two kinder cup runs than this and last season’s FA Cup.
?s=21

Offline RS

• General Member
« Reply #5998 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 08:42:02 AM »
He’s here forever

Offline chicken little

• General Member
« Reply #5999 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 09:29:02 AM »
https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/long-read-tony-lormors-story/?fbclid=iwar3pqxdyyo-bgkmahifxazxzp4p8vt5kwugyk86gnfs0bxfxzw3sdqcdc0q

Good read about an ex-player and local lad.
He netted what proved to be his final Newcastle goal against West Ham in May 1989 before being carried off at Old Trafford on the season’s final day. “Steve Bruce landed on me – I went for a diving header and landed on my shoulder and he landed on top of us.”

It was never quite the same for him at his boyhood club.

still a villain, 31 f***ing years ago  :lol: