Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 353340 times)

Offline wormy

• General Member
Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #5800 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 09:31:36 PM »
At least we'll be able to see actual results to find out over time whether he was deserving of the role. Unlike Shola and his oh-so-integral loan director role.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5801 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 09:32:44 PM »
At least he’s done a similar coaching role elsewhere and not just been given a job like Shola without any previous experience.
?s=21

Offline Rompe

• General Member
« Reply #5802 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 09:46:15 PM »
I remember he had an absolute nightmare against Birmingham (?) in the FA cup when we lost 5-1 back in the day.
Saudi Arabia are directly responsible for over 100.000 deaths in Yemen.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/report-saudi-arabia/

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #5803 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 10:39:43 PM »
Newcastle: Given, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Milner, Dyer, Butt, Pattison (O'Brien 57), Sibierski (Carroll 80), Martins.
Subs Not Used: Harper, Edgar, LuaLua.

Sent Off: Taylor (58).

True shocker for everyone that day.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #5804 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 11:14:04 PM »
Was that the one where Milner scored an absolute screamer? One of the worst games I've ever seen us play. :lol:

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #5805 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 01:40:52 AM »
Laurent Robert’s Instagram is the greatest thing in the world. Guy is f***ing living it up.
N U F C

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #5806 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 05:01:19 AM »
A friend of mine is a good friend of Ramage, he’s a top bloke apparently and has wanted to get into coaching way back when he was an Academy graduate. Me, I want people with skill and qualities with a bit of a proven record, that’s who I’d hire, but you won’t find out if someone had skills and qualities unless you give them a chance. The cynic in me and the judgemental to be honest, just thinks jobs for the boys, cheap, not what you know but who you know and you don’t exactly inspire confidence in terms of what you achieved or didn’t and your own articulation. Lee Clark. A boyhood hero of mine, lots to give, lots to offer, but without wanting to sound harsh or snobby is thick as mince and hasn’t the vocabulary nor ability to articulate himself at all. Might work on an average 17 year old apprentice at Blue Star, but a would be elite player? Nah. That’s where football is a closed shop and you have to wonder how damaging the likes of Clark, Beardsley, Bruce even are to the future players who need more than just work hard, don’t give up etc. To get where they are the majority have a high standard of technical ability and have passed so many tests of their ability to reach a point where they are on the precipice of making it, and then along comes a Bruce who you could be HBA and... well!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5807 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 05:51:37 AM »
Some nice replies from their fans and some nice Tweets from their players.

?s=21
?s=21

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #5808 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 08:36:34 PM »
What's with the club plugging DFDS trips to Amsterdam on social media? Can't ever recall them doing it with any other companies...
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5809 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 10:09:44 PM »
?s=19

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #5810 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
When “our guests at Collingwood Insurance” used to decide man of the match Steven Taylor and James Milner would beat even Messi

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5811 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
Why am I getting "Eat Out to Help Out at intu Eldon Square" emails from the club now?

Eat out to help out this August!

Get 50% off your bill, up to £10 per person, at participating restaurants within intu Eldon Square. Available Monday-Wednesday throughout August.

Discover who’s taking part and plan your meal out! T&Cs apply.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5812 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:42:50 PM »
Why am I getting "Eat Out to Help Out at intu Eldon Square" emails from the club now?

Eat out to help out this August!

Get 50% off your bill, up to £10 per person, at participating restaurants within intu Eldon Square. Available Monday-Wednesday throughout August.

Discover who’s taking part and plan your meal out! T&Cs apply.

Ashley planned to buy Eldon Square with the proceeds from the sale of the club.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5813 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 08:36:00 PM »
Mad fact.

Ginola scored 7 goals in 75 games for Newcastle.
Ciaran Clark has 10 in 89.
?s=21

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #5814 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 08:46:27 PM »
Mad fact.

Ginola scored 7 goals in 75 games for Newcastle.
Ciaran Clark has 10 in 89.

Is it considering we only got 6 good month out of him? He was always more style over substance though I accept he was heavily marked when in days you could “mark“ someone.

I’d wager a bet (And I’ve not checked) that Robert’s goals and assists blow Ginola’s stats away.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #5815 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 08:59:19 PM »
Erm... yeah, it does! :lol:

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #5816 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:01:49 PM »
Erm... yeah, it does! :lol:

C’mon. Hit me up with them :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5817 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:02:35 PM »
Robert got 10 goals & 18 assists in his first season alone.
?s=21

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #5818 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:07:02 PM »

:thup: I remember that season fairly well still home & away. Seem to recall he either scored or assisted in the first 14 games or more almost. One of my favourite seasons for sure.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5819 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:09:03 PM »

18 sounds high? transfermarkt say he got 22 overall for us in the PL across his 4 seasons.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5820 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:21:26 PM »

18 sounds high? transfermarkt say he got 22 overall for us in the PL across his 4 seasons.
Maybe the spec changed. I remember that season things like his free-kick at Chelsea that was spilled and tapped in by Acuna going down as an assist.
?s=21

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
?s=21

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #5822 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:34:25 PM »

He certainly got more that 22. Obviously only have my ever diminishing memory to back it up but I’d say that was very low. Mind you I was not just talking about the EPL.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #5823 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 09:43:43 PM »
It's definitely changed at some point. ASM didn't even get one for Yedlin's goal v Bournemouth.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #5824 on: Tuesday 4 August 2020, 09:58:18 AM »

He certainly got more that 22. Obviously only have my ever diminishing memory to back it up but I’d say that was very low. Mind you I was not just talking about the EPL.

Ginola was better to watch, but Robert was far more productive. Even in his worst games there was always a chance of a screamer from nowhere or a decent free kick. Special mention for that backward overhead karate kick one against Fulham