Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 261568 times)

silas78 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Yerdas El Savon

Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #4400 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 02:55:27 pm »
Beye was class - a much better fullback than Aaron Hughes. We should never have sold the latter, mind.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #4401 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:20:44 pm »
Aaron Hughes was better than Habib Beye. Beye played in a relegated side Hughes was a regular for a side that finished 3rd,4th,5th and played champions league

I never get the love in for Beye he was pretty s*** really

:dowie:

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #4402 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:23:04 pm »

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4403 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:41:11 pm »
Aaron Hughes was better than Habib Beye. Beye played in a relegated side Hughes was a regular for a side that finished 3rd,4th,5th and played champions league

Might as well say O’Brien & Bramble were better than Lascelles & Coloccini. :thup:
?s=21

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #4404 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:51:38 pm »

Might as well say O’Brien & Bramble were better than Lascelles & Coloccini. :thup:

I just never got the thing about Beye was never a fan of his. A fair few times in that relegation season he was at fault when we conceded

I thought as a team player and all round contribution Aaron Hughes offered more
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #4405 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:52:24 pm »
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4406 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:01:39 pm »
He was Supporters & Club Player of the Year in 07/08 and missed a good chunk of the relegation season injured.
?s=21

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #4407 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:06:01 pm »

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #4408 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:22:29 pm »
Pretty sure that was the first time I heard the fat man speak

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #4409 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
That was our only time hearing him speak for years

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #4410 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:29:49 am »
My dad reckoned after the 2008 season that "We've got the best right back in the league in Habib Beye, and The worst left back in Jose Enrique" :lol:

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #4411 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:41:38 am »
My dad reckoned after the 2008 season that "We've got the best right back in the league in Habib Beye, and The worst left back in Jose Enrique" :lol:

Beye one of the most overrated players ever-
Above average player in a s*** team
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #4412 on: Yesterday at 11:22:55 pm »
1140006829101068289[/tweet]][/url]

There are more unpopular players, but I would go with Diame. Even when he played well there were calls for him to be dropped, but I think he proved many people wrong in the end.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #4413 on: Yesterday at 11:29:01 pm »

There are more unpopular players, but I would go with Diame. Even when he played well there were calls for him to be dropped, but I think he proved many people wrong in the end.

Diame for sure, although in a more unpopular light - I had a real soft spot for Obertan. I used to feel terribly sorry for him when the crowd starting growing rather vicious towards him after a few years. I think any player who is on the end of immense stick simply for not playing very good pulls at my heart strings and gets my sympathy. Hoss this season being one.

Offline Rafalove

• Was summerof69
« Reply #4414 on: Today at 01:49:07 am »

Diame for sure, although in a more unpopular light - I had a real soft spot for Obertan. I used to feel terribly sorry for him when the crowd starting growing rather vicious towards him after a few years. I think any player who is on the end of immense stick simply for not playing very good pulls at my heart strings and gets my sympathy. Hoss this season being one.