Author Topic: The Managerial Merry-go-round: Everton sack Silva  (Read 807503 times)

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round: Everton sack Silva
« Reply #15625 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 02:01:45 PM »
Think he'll be fantastic, personally.

He'll find a system that makes all their attacking talent work.

Meanwhile we can continue the joys of watching long hoofs to Joelinton island.

Ancelotti will be far better than Silva for the development and use of Moise Kean very likely to play 2 up front.

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #15626 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 02:40:26 PM »
Don't really care much about Ancelotti never managing a club like Everton before, people said the same thing about Rafa here and he managed just fine.

He's seemingly fallen out with every squad he's managed in the last 5-6 years, though. And his training sessions sound like he just chain smokes and watches them kick the ball around. Will definitely be interesting if it happens

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #15627 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
Don't really care much about Ancelotti never managing a club like Everton before, people said the same thing about Rafa here and he managed just fine.

The likes of Rafa Benitez, Mourinho, Klopp would all do well at clubs like Everton, I think only Guardiola would struggle/be like a fish out of water.

I think Ancelotti would be great for Everton.

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #15628 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 04:58:56 PM »
Listening to Danny Mills on Ssn saying Everton should go for Moyes ahead of Ancelotti because Moyes is used to premier league relegation battles and knows how to shore up defences and the midfield. These idiots are paid to come out with crap like this about PFM's. Why do these idiots think that being in numerous relegation battles makes you a better manager than people like Ancelotti? It was the same crap when we got Rafa and I remember some idiot saying we should have went for Nigel Pearson. The reason these managers are in relegation battles every year is because they're s*** managers, the reason the likes of Benitez and Ancelotti aren't,  is because they're class managers.

The crap these pundits come out with about these s*** managers is so annoying like.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #15629 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 05:17:19 PM »
Listening to Danny Mills on Ssn saying Everton should go for Moyes ahead of Ancelotti because Moyes is used to premier league relegation battles and knows how to shore up defences and the midfield. These idiots are paid to come out with crap like this about PFM's. Why do these idiots think that being in numerous relegation battles makes you a better manager than people like Ancelotti? It was the same crap when we got Rafa and I remember some idiot saying we should have went for Nigel Pearson. The reason these managers are in relegation battles every year is because they're s*** managers, the reason the likes of Benitez and Ancelotti aren't,  is because they're class managers.

The crap these pundits come out with about these s*** managers is so annoying like.

Is Danny Mills an Everton supporter? It's one thing for a neutral pundit to go the populist route of "give the job to a home grown manager, he will know what's best", it's another for a genuine fan to want to go for the less ambitious appointment. Although from bitter experience at our club, I know there are plenty of local fans who would prefer the local option here, conveniently forgetting that it means settling for being a s*** club.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #15630 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
Gattuso confirmed as Carlo Ancelotti’s replacement.

The European jobs Rafa could have got if he stayed a free agent for a few months :laugh:

These last few months have probably been the best time to be a free agent for a long time in terms of the quality of club that have become available(Arsenal, Spurs, Bayern, Napoli)

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #15631 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 05:58:34 PM »

Is Danny Mills an Everton supporter? It's one thing for a neutral pundit to go the populist route of "give the job to a home grown manager, he will know what's best", it's another for a genuine fan to want to go for the less ambitious appointment. Although from bitter experience at our club, I know there are plenty of local fans who would prefer the local option here, conveniently forgetting that it means settling for being a s*** club.

He's just another above average player that landed a job as a pundit rather than go into coaching/management.

Class when you get the likes of Gary Neville telling managers/players what they should be doing, cause it went really well at Valencia.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #15632 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 07:44:23 PM »
Emery also met with Everton as well.

Meanwhile, Bruce.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #15633 on: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 11:09:12 PM »
Man ... everyone wants to stay and manage in the premier league nowadays and we have Steve Bruce.

It really is incredibly disappointing.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #15634 on: Yesterday at 04:00:50 AM »
The Beeb saying Arsenal are also in for Ancelotti - cannot imagine him going to the Toffees if that’s true...
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19