Author Topic: Freddie Woodman signs contract extension & joins Swansea on loan  (Read 26938 times)

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: Freddie Woodman
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:06:13 PM »
Would love him to get a chance here tbh
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:09:36 PM »
I guess he'll be loaned out. Rafa is supposed to be after Pepe Reina or another veteran goalkeeper. The media reported Rob Elliot was Rafa's current first choice goalkeeper. There's been talk of selling Karl Darlow, Tim Krul and Matz Sels.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:10:08 PM »
It might explain why the keepers linked are all like 34+ years old, have them for a year or two and then hopefully Woodman comes in.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:29:11 PM »
It might explain why the keepers linked are all like 34+ years old, have them for a year or two and then hopefully Woodman comes in.

Have to admit I was bothered about the age of the keepers we've been linked with, but it's almost as though Rafa has a plan in place.

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
The only hopeful thing Andy Woodman brought to this club.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
Title change? Freddie Woodman - World Cup Winner.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Freddie Woodman saves a penalty as England U20s win the World Cup
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
didn't know he was 20, thought he was younger for some reason

bin everyone else off and let him fight it out with an experienced keeper like reina until he's ready to take over imo
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
He was crucial for winning the tournament, three brilliant saves in the final.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
Nice one. :thup:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:15:59 PM »

bin everyone else off and let him fight it out with an experienced keeper like reina until he's ready to take over imo

Only having two 1st team goalkeepers hasn't worked out so well for NUFC in the recent past.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:17:54 PM »

Only having two 1st team goalkeepers hasn't worked out so well for NUFC in the recent past.

meh, keep blob or darlow then on the understanding they're number 3

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:38:01 PM »

Would rather send him on loan tbh, at his age sitting on the bench won't do him much good.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:40:15 PM »

Would rather send him on loan tbh, at his age sitting on the bench won't do him much good.

fair enough if you can find a good enough club that will make him first choice, unlikely imo

if he is the "real deal" at 20 he should be getting ready for first team football with us imo, play him in the cups and cover for the more experienced keeper

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:53:06 PM »

fair enough if you can find a good enough club that will make him first choice, unlikely imo

if he is the "real deal" at 20 he should be getting ready for first team football with us imo, play him in the cups and cover for the more experienced keeper

He'd be destroyed by our fans if he played in a game and let a goal in due to "crisp packet hands". There's a big step up in quality from Under 20s football and the Premiership. Better to send him out on loan to prove himself as per Krul and Forster.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 05:57:36 PM »

He'd be destroyed by our fans if he played in a game and let a goal in due to "crisp packet hands". There's a big step up in quality from Under 20s football and the Premiership. Better to send him out on loan to prove himself as per Krul and Forster.

i get that perspective, just don't agree with it

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 06:01:26 PM »

Not necessarily, i mean it's a youth tournament at the end of the day. The very same tournaments that Roysten Drenthe was made to look like the next Robben in.

He might very well be the real deal but it doesn't mean he's ready yet.

Offline Disco

« Reply #66 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 06:05:01 PM »

Agreed, get him out on loan at a club (Championship/L1/Scotland) who get decent crowds so he'll be under a bit of pressure but can keep learning his game.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
i understand what you're saying like, but for once i think we have a manager and an environment where young players should be able to thrive and would like to see that start happening personally

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:40:11 PM »

i get that perspective, just don't agree with it

He's had game time and plenty of it. I wouldn't have any issues with bumping him up to 3rd, maybe even 2nd choice if we get someone like Reina or Cabellero. Let him learn at the club alongside someone like that, another season out on loan next year to maybe a Championship side, then take it from there.
?s=21

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
In official terms he is now the worlds best youth goalkeeper.

If we can't get a new number one to help bring him on, I reckon we should be retaining Krul as our number one as at least he can relate to going from youth international to Newcastle first teamer and senior international.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
I'd like to see him start a couple of pre season games, then take it from there to see if he's ready or not
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Greg

« Reply #71 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:48:21 PM »

f***ing hell James.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
Wonder if Boro might target him as a loan signing seen as though they've got rid of two keepers this week. I think he'll go to a lower-mid table Championship club though

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 07:49:52 PM »
I'd like to see him start a couple of pre season games, then take it from there to see if he's ready or not

He will probably be on holiday still when preseason comes around now which is unfortunate.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 11 June 2017, 08:05:10 PM »

If we can't get a new number one to help bring him on, I reckon we should be retaining Krul as our number one as at least he can relate to going from youth international to Newcastle first teamer and senior international.

Worth at least 2 Pickfords.