Author Topic: Freddie Woodman signs contract extension & joins Swansea on loan  (Read 32801 times)

Offline Groo

• General Member
Re: Freddie Woodman signs contract extension & joins Swansea on loan
« Reply #300 on: Saturday 17 August 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
Let two in today.

One looked as if it took a deflection and one was a penalty, got close but couldn't make two saves on the trot.

We sill won though 3-2 :)

Looking a good loan for us so far.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #302 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 12:47:23 AM »
So it’s possible we haven’t completely ruined him, then?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #303 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 09:30:41 AM »
He'll do well for us at that level next season imo.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #304 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 09:35:14 AM »
Either that, or he’ll be the excuse for why we sell Dubravka next summer if we survive.
?s=21

Online hakka

• General Member
« Reply #305 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 10:10:28 AM »
Either that, or he’ll be the excuse for why we sell Dubravka next summer if we survive.

Sadly probably right. He's already getting looked at from some CL sides. If we can get £20m for him that's Ashley salivating at the profit.

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #306 on: Monday 8 February 2021, 02:14:18 PM »
Freddie's doing OK, he's part of the meanest defence in the Championship. 15 clean sheets and only 15 league goals conceded.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/freddie-woodman-salutes-defence-yet-another-swansea-city-shut-out

I imagine we'd be trying to buy if we're promoted.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #307 on: Monday 8 February 2021, 04:22:32 PM »
No offence but I really hope you get told where to go if you do  :lol:

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #308 on: Monday 8 February 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
Is it class being a Swansea City fan, @Groo ? A generation of flitting between the bottom rungs of the football league before everything clicks around 2008 and then it's cruising all the way to the Premier League, domestic silverware, holding their own in European excursions; new stadium, talented managers, Michu, Bony, Montero, Sigurdsson... and rarely a properly stinking season. I know it kinda went to pot for a while after the Americans came in, what with Bradley and Paul Clement (what happened to him?), but it looks like you've steadied yourselves and always competed for promotion since dropping. That win against Norwich puts you in a great position for the automatics this season, and then you're back.

Have I got it all wrong or is it generally a pretty good club to support? I know we're historically a bigger club and we're a division above right now, but I feel like I've been jealous of Swansea City for about ten years. :lol:

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #309 on: Monday 8 February 2021, 09:44:23 PM »
To me you loan him out constantly and keep paying him to be ok with that arrangement until he’s ready for the starting role. I’d even pay a club to take him on loan and look after him tbh. Under proper owners. 
N U F C

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #310 on: Monday 8 February 2021, 09:47:07 PM »
I wonder how close he is being ahead of Dubravka and Darlow. Surely we're nearly there.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday 9 February 2021, 06:40:52 AM »
Swansea and Bournemouth are two of the scummiest clubs in world football to be honest.

They have both gone from the depths of the lower leagues and possible obliteration to the Premier League, and rather than being a beacon of inspiration for upward mobility of other lower league clubs, they have repeatedly voted in favour of measures that benefit them in expense of the lower leagues.

Hypocrites of the highest order who I hope get their just deserts and a trip back to the bottom half of League 2
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday 9 February 2021, 01:52:37 PM »
Swansea and Bournemouth are two of the scummiest clubs in world football to be honest.

They have both gone from the depths of the lower leagues and possible obliteration to the Premier League, and rather than being a beacon of inspiration for upward mobility of other lower league clubs, they have repeatedly voted in favour of measures that benefit them in expense of the lower leagues.

Hypocrites of the highest order who I hope get their just deserts and a trip back to the bottom half of League 2

Such an exaggeration - as if any club isn't going to vote for measures that benefit themselves  :lol: Two of the scummiest clubs in world football ffs  :lol:

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • ‘Rolled wuh sleeve dust up wuh kicked backsides’
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday 9 February 2021, 05:18:27 PM »
Just deserts 😄

www.brianstormers.net Modern History & Film podcast network

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday 9 February 2021, 06:36:45 PM »
Imagine thinking of the most scummiest clubs in the world and your first thoughts are Swansea and Bournemouth

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
Chance to showcase his ability at 5.30 against the usual strong Man City side!

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #316 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:18:12 PM »
https://theathletic.co.uk/2381525/2021/02/18/freddie-woodman-benitez-told-me-how-to-make-saves-and-my-dad-disagreed/

“Me and Arma speak about this quite often,” Woodman says. “We came back from winning a World Cup with England and I remember seeing Rafa (Benitez, the then-Newcastle manager). He slapped me on the face and said, ‘Well done’. That was literally it. All the other players were getting raved about.

“It was a low point for me because nothing really happened in my career. I didn’t get to push on, I didn’t go on loan and I wasn’t even on the bench. I remember thinking, ‘How can I go from the Golden Glove and winning the World Cup, to playing in the under-23s?’ I was absolutely fuming; I probably thought maybe I was bigger than I was. It was definitely a reality check.”

"Every coach has different styles. I talked with Rafa on numerous occasions; he loved his goalkeeping and he’d tell me to get low and try and block, like Pepe Reina. I remember going home to my dad and saying, ‘Rafa wants me to do this’ and he was like, ‘No, that’s not proper goalkeeping. You need to dive at their feet’. It made me think, ‘God, there are just so many different styles’. None of them are right or wrong. They’re just different. It’s important to find the one that works for you.”

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #317 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:23:20 PM »
https://theathletic.co.uk/2381525/2021/02/18/freddie-woodman-benitez-told-me-how-to-make-saves-and-my-dad-disagreed/

“Me and Arma speak about this quite often,” Woodman says. “We came back from winning a World Cup with England and I remember seeing Rafa (Benitez, the then-Newcastle manager). He slapped me on the face and said, ‘Well done’. That was literally it. All the other players were getting raved about.

“It was a low point for me because nothing really happened in my career. I didn’t get to push on, I didn’t go on loan and I wasn’t even on the bench. I remember thinking, ‘How can I go from the Golden Glove and winning the World Cup, to playing in the under-23s?’ I was absolutely fuming; I probably thought maybe I was bigger than I was. It was definitely a reality check.”

"Every coach has different styles. I talked with Rafa on numerous occasions; he loved his goalkeeping and he’d tell me to get low and try and block, like Pepe Reina. I remember going home to my dad and saying, ‘Rafa wants me to do this’ and he was like, ‘No, that’s not proper goalkeeping. You need to dive at their feet’. It made me think, ‘God, there are just so many different styles’. None of them are right or wrong. They’re just different. It’s important to find the one that works for you.”
]

'Winning a World Cup' ffs. It means absolutely f*** all.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #318 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:24:45 PM »
They touch on the issue of him having never been to the British seaside (until his stint in Wales). Absolutely mind boggling you can get to your twenties, spending a good few years in Newcastle along the way, and not see the coastline. :lol:

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #319 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:28:32 PM »
Rob Elliot not teach him how to jump the Metro to the coast?

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #320 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Rob Elliot not teach him how to jump the Metro to the coast?
:lol:
“In Newcastle, I was young and a bit of a lad. I didn’t really go anywhere beyond the city centre. Rob Elliot lived on the coast and he’d tell me, ‘It’s lovely, you’ve got to check it out’. I’d think, ‘Nah, it’s a bit cold…’. I’d always go the other way, into Hexham or Corbridge, if I was heading for a day out.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #321 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 02:37:33 PM »
f***ing hell, that has slayed me :lol:

Surely must've been seeing someone up that way or is a massive fiend for the Conservative Party.