Author Topic: Saudi Arabia (Barbaric evil and medieval)  (Read 24795 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Saudi Arabia (Barbaric evil and medieval)
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 08:01:40 AM »
I'd take Saudi money at NUFC like.  I hate everything about their country and set up (I'm sure the people are fine).  But the reality is, they're going to diversify their investments, it's legit going to be done and is being done as we speak with all the major companies of the world going on PR offensives for mad man Salman.  Including our apparently moralistic Guardian newspaper. 

We might as well take a share.  Nobody is going to be clean in this new world that's been forged right now. :lol: :whistle:

I'd prefer not to have to though.

Forgot this. :lol: Probably easy for me to say given I've not really been a supporter for about 4 years now, and even that was only Rafa inspired.

Although, I stand by it. Their money is everywhere.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
I see you’re a “snowflake w*****” for (squints and checks notes) not being pro-severe human rights abuse these days. What a world.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 09:34:27 AM »
:lol: :lol:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Can’t be arsed with the football section. Is there any suggestion that this isn’t the exact same Ashley fakeover nonsense?

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 11:02:40 AM »
Can’t be arsed with the football section. Is there any suggestion that this isn’t the exact same Ashley fakeover nonsense?

Someone saw a plane.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 11:26:00 AM »

Stay like that. It’s like the Brexit party fb page
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
15 minutes in the football forum was enough, I'm out.  The amount of mental gymnastics trying to justify being owned by a murderous dictator.  :lol:  I think my favourite was the guy trying to make out that the Saudi royals aren't that bad and democracy is overrated anyway.

Compared to winning the Champions League, it is.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 11:35:36 AM »

As far as I can see it's just the quality of the sources; Walk Street Journal/Financial Times at opposed to the usual tabloids.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • Camden Town, London, UK
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 07:12:06 PM »

As far as I can see it's just the quality of the sources; Walk Street Journal/Financial Times at opposed to the usual tabloids.

Murdoch owns the WSJ now...

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
Definitely relevant to NUFC and Ashley. :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.