Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 742799 times)

Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #19875 on: Yesterday at 12:11:12 AM »
Might wanna search this one in Tor.

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

« Reply #19876 on: Yesterday at 12:11:41 AM »
:lol: f***s sake.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #19877 on: Yesterday at 09:17:06 AM »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/worst-places-live-north-east-17349126
North Shields town centre is a dive and theirs some places in North Shields where you wouldn’t choose to live. To say it’s the worst in North East is off the mark though.

Amble, again theirs a couple of estates there that you wouldn’t want to live in. It is a bit remote from anywhere, however it’s actually a nice place to live. It has 3 beaches, a marina, and decent high street, and a weekly Sunday market.

Morpeth is 9th on the list. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'There's' man f***ing hell. How can you laugh at anything when you're incapable of basic language.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #19878 on: Yesterday at 12:32:16 PM »
Used to spend most summers in Newbiggin in my childhood. Got a lot of affection for the place. Great times nearly driving me and my Grandad off a cliff in the golf buggy on the course there.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #19879 on: Yesterday at 12:36:35 PM »
Amble high street is nothing special like. It's best avoided after 6PM as well.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #19880 on: Yesterday at 01:49:07 PM »
I've got a mate from Amble, who lives in his car.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19881 on: Yesterday at 04:58:32 PM »
Stayed for a week in Amble last summer. Thought it was lovely. Nothing spectacular, just nice. Would live.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19882 on: Yesterday at 10:03:12 PM »
Stayed for a week in Amble last summer. Thought it was lovely. Nothing spectacular, just nice. Would live.

We own a caravan at Amble Links, nowt wrong with Amble like. It’s nee Scarborough put it that way... ;)

Nah it’s canny, plenty around it, decent beaches, the town itself isn’t too bad, there is the Sunday market, harbour day, and some canny places to park up and walk/take dogs/get on a bike etc.

It’s just a canny all-round place and serious money is being pumped into it. One of the best investments I’ve ever made buying a caravan here, the kids love it and Amble in general. We are spoilt really with what we have on our doorstep as a City/Region even.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19883 on: Yesterday at 10:04:53 PM »
Couple of brilliant restaurants in Amble, nice walk up to Warkworth and back, have an ice cream. Jobs a good un.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19884 on: Yesterday at 10:05:35 PM »
Amble high street is nothing special like. It's best avoided after 6PM as well.

It’s dead even in summer time on an evening. The odd bored youths who hang around, but never witnessed any trouble. Some of the pubs can be a bit Leary mind :lol:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19885 on: Yesterday at 10:09:17 PM »
Couple of brilliant restaurants in Amble, nice walk up to Warkworth and back, have an ice cream. Jobs a good un.

s**** for pizzas though...

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #19886 on: Yesterday at 10:33:48 PM »

Amble does sound like a good place for an aimless walk.

« Reply #19887 on: Yesterday at 10:36:08 PM »

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #19888 on: Yesterday at 10:56:11 PM »

It's had a lot of money from the Coastal Communities Fund over the last few years, as well was through European Regional Development Fund, it's made a massive difference to the town.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #19889 on: Today at 03:03:36 AM »
Amble is nice. Some beautiful Northumbrian coastline nearby too.

Newbiggin is alright these days too. f***ing s**** article from a stupid s**** newspaper that barely functions as anything other than crappy clickbait these days. Literally just a copied and pasted article from a silly website.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19890 on: Today at 03:15:23 AM »

It's had a lot of money from the Coastal Communities Fund over the last few years, as well was through European Regional Development Fund, it's made a massive difference to the town.

Aye, but Brexit and all that... what good has being in the EU done us!?

Amble is a coastal town that unlike many others is actually thriving. There are hardly any vacant shops in the Town centre itself which has a mix of independent, local family owned stores and one or two known names. Together locals and out of towners and tourists keep everyone in business in enough to stay open and unlike many small towns there is enough diversity and thankfully it isn’t full of kebab shops, bookies and pop up come and go vape shops that dominate other towns, villages and certain postcodes within and around Newcastle and Tyneside/Wearside and large parts of Durham.

I’m lead to believe the owners of Amble Links are to invest heavily in the area, building on land holiday homes, lodges and investing in Les unite amenities to compliment their caravan site which I have to say as an owner of one, it’s a great site and no wonder it’s so popular and continues or seems to anyway, grow more and more.

A lesson can be learned from Amble which is a seaside/coastal town, but has somehow managed to escape the depression that has overcome so many seaside/coastal areas like Whitehaven, Blackpool etc. which are admittedly bigger.

Even the council/so-called rough areas of Amble are fully occupied and clean. Schools are decent, crime is low and anti social behaviour isolated. It’s mainly a town with an older population that sees a lot of people coming and going regularly regardless of season, in that sense it’s a canny enough place to visit whatever the whether. In the summer it’s great, in the winter it’s winter perfect almost.

That and there is lots around Amble, in all directions. Again the beaches are decent, the harbour market is always busy, the cafes, ice cream parlours, nic-nac shops and the other local heritage type shops that have sprung up around the harbour are not so plentiful either so to crowd each other out, but small and niche enough in numbers locals and visitors can pop into and buy something from them, all of which is a healthy mix that keeps Amble thriving and away from the depression that’s hit so many towns and even major cities on the high street.

I’d live there and never get bored of the place. The pubs are decent, parking is plentiful, clean beaches again, ideal for walkers, dog owners, water/beach activities and stopping over between visiting other places.

If we could rent our caravan out we’d make a fortune, not a week goes by friends or family spend a weekend there or full weeks. Me, if only the site had decent Wi Fi or I could get my Internet hooked up inside the caravan, I’d be there all the time. The site at Amble Links has a good size pool split up for kids and adults, a gym, an owners only bar/entertainment area and the site also houses a decent pub, a wine bar/cafe and play areas for kids.

Outside of the site, cross the road and you have all that wonderful coastline, Druidge Bay can be walked easily, Warkworth Castle too. There is the Light House, the pier, dolphins and seals and birds. You can moor your boat there and boat around or head out to sea and fish. It’s a 30 min drive to Newcastle, Alnwick, Bambourough, Felton are all on the door step.

As you can tell, I’m a fan of Amble and for whatever reason, its thriving while others continue to rot and should be made a model example in which others should look to emulate or learn from. It could easily be another Whitehaven or an Elswick or Benwell, but without the sea. Long may it stay the way it is, a thoroughly nice part of Northumberland :thup:

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
« Reply #19891 on: Today at 03:39:10 AM »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #19892 on: Today at 03:52:54 AM »
:lol:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19893 on: Today at 04:13:10 AM »

Aye, but Brexit and all that... what good has being in the EU done us!?

Amble is a coastal town that unlike many others is actually thriving. There are hardly any vacant shops in the Town centre itself which has a mix of independent, local family owned stores and one or two known names. Together locals and out of towners and tourists keep everyone in business in enough to stay open and unlike many small towns there is enough diversity and thankfully it isn’t full of kebab shops, bookies and pop up come and go vape shops that dominate other towns, villages and certain postcodes within and around Newcastle and Tyneside/Wearside and large parts of Durham.

I’m lead to believe the owners of Amble Links are to invest heavily in the area, building on land holiday homes, lodges and investing in Les unite amenities to compliment their caravan site which I have to say as an owner of one, it’s a great site and no wonder it’s so popular and continues or seems to anyway, grow more and more.

A lesson can be learned from Amble which is a seaside/coastal town, but has somehow managed to escape the depression that has overcome so many seaside/coastal areas like Whitehaven, Blackpool etc. which are admittedly bigger.

Even the council/so-called rough areas of Amble are fully occupied and clean. Schools are decent, crime is low and anti social behaviour isolated. It’s mainly a town with an older population that sees a lot of people coming and going regularly regardless of season, in that sense it’s a canny enough place to visit whatever the whether. In the summer it’s great, in the winter it’s winter perfect almost.

That and there is lots around Amble, in all directions. Again the beaches are decent, the harbour market is always busy, the cafes, ice cream parlours, nic-nac shops and the other local heritage type shops that have sprung up around the harbour are not so plentiful either so to crowd each other out, but small and niche enough in numbers locals and visitors can pop into and buy something from them, all of which is a healthy mix that keeps Amble thriving and away from the depression that’s hit so many towns and even major cities on the high street.

I’d live there and never get bored of the place. The pubs are decent, parking is plentiful, clean beaches again, ideal for walkers, dog owners, water/beach activities and stopping over between visiting other places.

If we could rent our caravan out we’d make a fortune, not a week goes by friends or family spend a weekend there or full weeks. Me, if only the site had decent Wi Fi or I could get my Internet hooked up inside the caravan, I’d be there all the time. The site at Amble Links has a good size pool split up for kids and adults, a gym, an owners only bar/entertainment area and the site also houses a decent pub, a wine bar/cafe and play areas for kids.

Outside of the site, cross the road and you have all that wonderful coastline, Druidge Bay can be walked easily, Warkworth Castle too. There is the Light House, the pier, dolphins and seals and birds. You can moor your boat there and boat around or head out to sea and fish. It’s a 30 min drive to Newcastle, Alnwick, Bambourough, Felton are all on the door step.

As you can tell, I’m a fan of Amble and for whatever reason, its thriving while others continue to rot and should be made a model example in which others should look to emulate or learn from. It could easily be another Whitehaven or an Elswick or Benwell, but without the sea. Long may it stay the way it is, a thoroughly nice part of Northumberland :thup:

No.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19894 on: Today at 04:31:15 AM »
It’s not Madrid, granted, but it’s cannier than a lot of places our region has to offer and as far as Northumberland goes, Amble is a bit of a hidden gem tucked away and has more going for it than a lot of other places more recognised and championed as must go to destinations. Amble Links is a 5 star caravan site for example, you won’t get that at Whitley Bay, I’d recommend Amble just for the site alone. If anyone fancies owning a nice caravan btw, I can help get you a decent deal. Buy before Jan 1st 2020 though, otherwise I don’t get a year’s free site fees...