Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 699189 times)

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #19150 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 01:06:46 pm »
Aye, had an unconditional from Derby. Might change through adjustment but unsure.

Worth looking into if you're not totally sold. 128 points (+ any AS you have in the pocket) is a decent amount. What you wanting to study?

History. Derby had the best course out of my choices so I'll probably stick with it for that reason but it probably isn't the nicest city. Chester and Northumbria were the other two I looked at which are located in infinitely nicer cities but less interesting courses for me personally.

Gan Northumbria lad, unless you already live in Newcastle.

Live in Chester-le-Street so already quite close to the town. Aaaaful place. Fancy moving away but not too far.

Moving away was the best thing I did fwiw. Staying in Newcastle/close to home doesnt give you the full experience imo. Can always move back after, I did anyway for a little while.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #19151 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 01:18:14 pm »
Derby, man. It's grim as f***. The town centre is similar to Sunderland, although there's frequent busses to Notts via Brian Clough way.

Good for away games though, if that's still your thing.

Take your walking boots and get yourself out and about, the Peak District can be amazing if you go to the right places. If you're a sad old c*** like me anyways.

Where will you be staying?

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19152 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 03:51:42 pm »
Aye, had an unconditional from Derby. Might change through adjustment but unsure.

Worth looking into if you're not totally sold. 128 points (+ any AS you have in the pocket) is a decent amount. What you wanting to study?

History. Derby had the best course out of my choices so I'll probably stick with it for that reason but it probably isn't the nicest city. Chester and Northumbria were the other two I looked at which are located in infinitely nicer cities but less interesting courses for me personally.

Gan Northumbria lad, unless you already live in Newcastle.

Live in Chester-le-Street so already quite close to the town. Aaaaful place. Fancy moving away but not too far.

Moving away was the best thing I did fwiw. Staying in Newcastle/close to home doesnt give you the full experience imo. Can always move back after, I did anyway for a little while.

Aye I fancied moving away but not too far, somewhere just around an hour to 2 hours train away.

Derby, man. It's grim as f***. The town centre is similar to Sunderland, although there's frequent busses to Notts via Brian Clough way.

Good for away games though, if that's still your thing.

Take your walking boots and get yourself out and about, the Peak District can be amazing if you go to the right places. If you're a sad old c*** like me anyways.

Where will you be staying?

Peak Court, no idea where it is relative to the good parts of the city.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #19153 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 04:00:59 pm »
Named the guy killed in Eldon Square
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-49357849

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19154 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
Unbelievably mindless. Horrible for the families.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #19155 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 04:51:49 pm »
Makes absolutely no sense. Incredibly sad.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #19156 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 06:11:35 pm »
Named the guy killed in Eldon Square
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-49357849

Found out just now that he's related to my stepsisters. Never heard of the guy but it's desperately sad for his family and friends.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #19157 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 07:34:01 pm »
So much senseless s*** going on these days. Quite a depressing time

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #19158 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 07:58:47 pm »
Safest period in human history, doesn’t always feel like that of course.

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #19159 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 08:07:19 pm »
Just horrific that, especially given how random and gratuitous it seems.
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #19160 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 08:09:28 pm »
I hope they’re all f***ing shitting themselves, the horrible little c***s. Deserve everything that’s coming to them.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #19161 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 08:25:32 pm »
Could well be bollocks but the word from witnesses on Twitter was some bloke tried to intervene some kids having an altercation. Grim as f*** like. Wor lass was around there not long after and said there was a mad number of bizzies about.

I was heavily involved in this last night, absolutely tragic awful event. I cant go into full details but this isn’t what happened.

An innocent man going about his daily business lost his life in a split second. Awful and showed me exactly how fragile all our lives are.  I’m struggling to get my head round the pointlessness of it all to be honest.
When my niece was murdered, there was a guy in the papers saying he was there, held her hand etc. Turns out he was at the other end of the park from where it happened and quite a distance away from where she collapsed. His actual story was so far removed and he knew so little about it that it wasn’t even used in the court case. He likely never even see her, let alone held her hand. The lady who was there after she collapsed, didn’t say a word in the press, and her statement was said at court.
Papers will go out of their way to get any story man. My brother had the press camped out in the local Tesco’s Car Park which was a stone throws away from his house, and he had to pass it anytime he left or came to this home. He had people trying to climb his garden fence to get a picture of him through his patio doors. One newspaper even left him a note saying they would get rid of all the other press people camping out, if he would give them an exclusive.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #19162 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 09:22:17 pm »
The ages of the kids who did it as well ffs.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #19163 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 01:28:52 am »

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #19164 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:10:02 am »
Just reading about the stabbing now, f***ing hell man. Absolutely rank
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #19166 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 03:54:39 pm »
The Sun had Greggs in the headline as well, no need for it to be mentioned
Consider winning

« Reply #19167 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 06:28:08 pm »

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • NSFW
« Reply #19168 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:06:52 pm »
@HaydnNUFC I went to Derby Uni. In my experience its all about the people, the place isn’t as much of a factor and you’re a bus journey away from Notts, Sheffield etc. If you’re not that bothered.

Personally I loved it. I got married the other week and the vast majority of my friends there were people people I’d met at Derby Uni through the sports teams. Also, no way is the town centre similar to Sunderland :lol:
A light has gone out.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19169 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:10:53 pm »
@HaydnNUFC I went to Derby Uni. In my experience its all about the people, the place isn’t as much of a factor and you’re a bus journey away from Notts, Sheffield etc. If you’re not that bothered.

Personally I loved it. I got married the other week and the vast majority of my friends there were people people I’d met at Derby Uni through the sports teams. Also, no way is the town centre similar to Sunderland :lol:

Congrats on your wedding. :)

Aye, I've heard mixed reviews about Derby as a city but none of them were as bad as Sunderland comparisons. :lol: Already thought about joining the football team. Need to get more in shape as soon as I head down. This summer has been rough. :lol:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #19170 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:16:06 pm »
Aleppo isn’t as bad as Sunderland

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • NSFW
« Reply #19171 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:24:00 pm »

Congrats on your wedding. :)

Aye, I've heard mixed reviews about Derby as a city but none of them were as bad as Sunderland comparisons. :lol: Already thought about joining the football team. Need to get more in shape as soon as I head down. This summer has been rough. :lol:

Nah you don’t :lol: brush up on international drinking rules and you’ll be fine. I also did a PGCE at Notts Trent who take their sports very seriously with a pretty decent standard needed for the first team... this is not the case with Derby. You go for a good time! Also, do the sports tour. I did two, one to Calella and the other to Loret de Mar. We did a two day tournament in fancy dress and beat a team from Manchester while we were dressed as clowns. They threw a hissy fit and dropped out of the tournament. We went on to win it the next day dressed as cartoon characters :lol:
A light has gone out.

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • NSFW
« Reply #19172 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 10:25:06 pm »
Aleppo isn’t as bad as Sunderland

:lol: I’m referring to Dr Spaceman’s post where he said they were similar.
A light has gone out.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19173 on: Friday 16 August 2019, 11:52:26 pm »
Derby's just a bit s***, while Sunderland is a faeces smeared cesspool of a town.  No contest.

« Reply #19174 on: Saturday 17 August 2019, 01:20:35 am »
Just got lost in a 3 hour Minecraft hole. Man that game is evil.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make