Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 699190 times)

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #19100 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 01:10:44 pm »
I spent 3 days arguing with myself wether I could or couldn’t hold Ellie and I’m glad I did. I’d never have forgiven myself if I hadn’t

I've mentioned it to you before but we've also had a stillborn. When first finding out at the hospital early afternoon to my missus then having to deliver later that day. Such a whirlwind of horror from going into hospital expecting to meet your first born to then this, we couldn't face seeing him that night but did the next morning and yeah I'm so pleased I did. It would have haunted me if I never did, It felt right for us and also my felt right by my son.

Well done on what you have raised for the bereavement suite, you two sound like great people. We've raised money for a stillburn charity called Tommy's who offered fantastic support when everything seemed so bleak. My wife is running the Great North Run for them for the second time next month and she has also wrote a article through them.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #19101 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 01:21:20 pm »
Thank you.

I’m sorry that happened to you and your wife too. That’s great her work for the charity. Tommy does ring a bell. I took up running the day after her funeral and lost two stone in 9 weeks and ran the great Scottish run where my wife and 7 year old daughter were interviewed on the bbc. I’d say one of the hardest things was breaking the news to the 7 year old.

I did, on the day we had to leave the hospital and say our goodbyes I told Ellie that Perez had just scored v Arsenal.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 01:31:55 pm by gdm »

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #19102 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 03:53:34 pm »
Mate, I think you're both doing brilliantly. My mam ran the local maternity hospital back in the day and a lass I worked with had a stillborn son, mam delivered him and the lass brought pictures in. It seemed weird at the time, I was like 21, so an idiot, but it gave her peace. Do what you have to to make it OK.

Had a feeling mrs newsted had one in her previous life, yup, that's why they whipped her uterus out. A bit harsh, but it was olden days.

Hope it's all OK for you guys. :thup:
:) As you were.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #19103 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 05:35:24 pm »
Thank you

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #19104 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 08:32:36 pm »
Seen Purple Aki in Newcastle twice this week

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #19105 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:06:16 pm »

Hope you haven't got big biceps
Consider winning

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #19106 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:42:28 pm »

Banned from the majority of the North-West centre's like, looks like he's widened the net for more fresh victims.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #19107 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:00:33 pm »
Didn’t know where to put this

Last April sadly my daughter was stillborn and we decided to raise money for a bereavement suite in the hospital so it helps people in our situation (not having to be in the same ward as crying babies and having to walk away with nothing and pass visitors carrying balloons and teddy bears)

The reason I’m posting is I know a few people on here kindly donated and we raised (after JustGiving fees) £6250 and today we got an invitation to the official opening to the suite so I just wanted to say thank you

:smitten: This kind of stuff helps restore my faith in ordinary people and their inner kindness, selflessness and sheer will to overcome even personal adversity and tragedy just to help others if not from suffering or going through the same adversity, from suffering alone or without some kind of support system to help cope. Kudos and respect to you and your missus mate for caring about others enough to think about their needs and concerns just as your own, much respect and may good fortune favour yous in the future  :thup: :clap:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #19108 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:05:18 pm »
Luckily I’m too skinny to be Aki’s type.

He was hanging about looking a bit sketchy with his carrier bag.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #19109 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:13:27 pm »
Didn’t know where to put this

Last April sadly my daughter was stillborn and we decided to raise money for a bereavement suite in the hospital so it helps people in our situation (not having to be in the same ward as crying babies and having to walk away with nothing and pass visitors carrying balloons and teddy bears)

The reason I’m posting is I know a few people on here kindly donated and we raised (after JustGiving fees) £6250 and today we got an invitation to the official opening to the suite so I just wanted to say thank you

:smitten: This kind of stuff helps restore my faith in ordinary people and their inner kindness, selflessness and sheer will to overcome even personal adversity and tragedy just to help others if not from suffering or going through the same adversity, from suffering alone or without some kind of support system to help cope. Kudos and respect to you and your missus mate for caring about others enough to think about their needs and concerns just as your own, much respect and may good fortune favour yous in the future  :thup: :clap:

:thup:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #19110 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:41:50 pm »
Aye that's class. I work with a fair few people who have done or are doing similar things after tragic events and it never ceases to amaze me what strength and resolve folk find.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I don’t speak about her (Ellie) as often as I should because I feel that people are uncomfortable hearing about it. My wife deserves most of the credit if she had fallen apart then I certainly would have too.

It’s necessary but incredibly difficult to have to deliver the baby after she died, it just felt cruel that we had to do that so if we just wanted to help make that easier for other people in the same situation.

I spent 3 days arguing with myself wether I could or couldn’t hold Ellie and I’m glad I did. I’d never have forgiven myself if I hadn’t

Much love to you. X

Such kindness, that money will really help other familes.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19111 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 01:30:35 pm »

That's a surprise.

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #19112 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 02:38:03 pm »

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19113 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 02:42:14 pm »
Oh Aki, what are you like.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #19114 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 02:43:40 pm »
Going to the diamond strip though, he's not daft :lol:

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #19115 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 02:57:22 pm »
Who the f*** is purple Aki? :lol:

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #19116 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 03:02:37 pm »
Purple Aki man  :lol: :lol: what an absolute nut that bloke is. Our mincey Geordie Shore types will be shitting it now he's got their patch on his gaydar.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #19117 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 03:03:46 pm »
Never heard of him either.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19118 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 03:04:56 pm »

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #19119 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 03:06:45 pm »
Tbh I'd heard the name for ages and not known who it was, I then read this article which is pretty in depth:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-6d083913-0bfb-4988-8cd8-d126fa6dcff1

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #19120 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:21:55 pm »
Was reading about the paperclip maximiser problem in relation to AI destroying us all and came across this:

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html

It's somehow bizarrely addictive.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #19121 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:41:47 pm »
Apparently there's been a stabbing in Eldon Square

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19122 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:52:16 pm »
Aye sounds like it on the Twitter. Stabber mustn’t have been to Chicken Cottage beforehand.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #19123 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:57:08 pm »
Was reading about the paperclip maximiser problem in relation to AI destroying us all and came across this:

got posted here a year or so back. im on sim level 8 and I forget which world #. No idea why I keep replaying it every so often.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #19124 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:21:05 pm »

got posted here a year or so back. im on sim level 8 and I forget which world #. No idea why I keep replaying it every so often.

Sim level?  World #?  I don't see anything like that
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.