Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 743226 times)

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #19125 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
Was reading about the paperclip maximiser problem in relation to AI destroying us all and came across this:

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html

It's somehow bizarrely addictive.
got posted here a year or so back. im on sim level 8 and I forget which world #. No idea why I keep replaying it every so often.

Sim level?  World #?  I don't see anything like that
not at the comp right now but once you beat it you get to play through it again with either +10% to marketing or -10% to value drif, and depending on which one you pick the sim level or universe level (not world level) goes up. They’re in a status bar under the console text at the top

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #19126 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:10:53 PM »
It’s official, Purple Aki in the Chronicle. Doesn’t take a genius to work out who the diamond strip bicep feeler is...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/akinwale-arobieke-newcastle-city-centre-16751396
« Last Edit: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:24:23 PM by bobbydazzla »

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #19127 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 11:20:04 PM »
Seems pretty mental this... Some one stabbed to death on the hippy green today....

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19128 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 01:09:11 AM »
Could well be bollocks but the word from witnesses on Twitter was some bloke tried to intervene some kids having an altercation. Grim as f*** like. Wor lass was around there not long after and said there was a mad number of bizzies about.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #19129 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 07:25:39 AM »
Poor bloke died.

Hope they all get done for murder and sent down for a long time.

See how "hard" they are then.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #19130 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 11:10:48 AM »
Kids that done it are aged 14-17 man. An older bloke would have thought nothing of breaking up a scrap with kids then that happened. Poor bloke was trying to do the right thing and one senseless rash act of aggression ends up like this.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #19131 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:21:05 PM »

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19132 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:21:22 PM »
A* A D for my A Level results. f*** biology.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19133 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:22:33 PM »
You get in to wherever you applied, if you applied?

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19134 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
Aye, had an unconditional from Derby. Might change through adjustment but unsure.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19135 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:23:54 PM »
Good grades, man, well done.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19136 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:27:33 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19137 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Aye, had an unconditional from Derby. Might change through adjustment but unsure.

Worth looking into if you're not totally sold. 128 points (+ any AS (or other) you have in the pocket) is a decent amount. What you wanting to study?

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19138 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:32:02 PM »

Worth looking into if you're not totally sold. 128 points (+ any AS you have in the pocket) is a decent amount. What you wanting to study?

History. Derby had the best course out of my choices so I'll probably stick with it for that reason but it probably isn't the nicest city. Chester and Northumbria were the other two I looked at which are located in infinitely nicer cities but less interesting courses for me personally.

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #19139 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:44:05 PM »
Could well be bollocks but the word from witnesses on Twitter was some bloke tried to intervene some kids having an altercation. Grim as f*** like. Wor lass was around there not long after and said there was a mad number of bizzies about.

I was heavily involved in this last night, absolutely tragic awful event. I cant go into full details but this isn’t what happened.

An innocent man going about his daily business lost his life in a split second. Awful and showed me exactly how fragile all our lives are.  I’m struggling to get my head round the pointlessness of it all to be honest.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #19140 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:46:25 PM »
Is the Chronicle's line of it being unprovoked more accurate?  I've been in that very spot about 5 times the last fortnight, it's pretty concerning.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #19141 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:47:53 PM »

I was heavily involved in this last night, absolutely tragic awful event. I cant go into full details but this isn’t what happened.

An innocent man going about his daily business lost his life in a split second. Awful and showed me exactly how fragile all our lives are.  I’m struggling to get my head round the pointlessness of it all to be honest.

:thup: grim as f***.

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #19142 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:50:03 PM »
Is the Chronicle's line of it being unprovoked more accurate?  I've been in that very spot about 5 times the last fortnight, it's pretty concerning.

I would never agree that the chronicle were accurate with anything they publish to be honest.

Was unprovoked and totally tragic. It could have been anyone of us.

Can’t say much else really.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #19143 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:52:36 PM »
Hope they all go down for it. They're nothing but cowards the lot of them.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #19144 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:54:37 PM »

Worth looking into if you're not totally sold. 128 points (+ any AS you have in the pocket) is a decent amount. What you wanting to study?

History. Derby had the best course out of my choices so I'll probably stick with it for that reason but it probably isn't the nicest city. Chester and Northumbria were the other two I looked at which are located in infinitely nicer cities but less interesting courses for me personally.

Gan Northumbria lad, unless you already live in Newcastle.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #19145 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:55:49 PM »

Nice one mate. Derby isn't the best but they are a big campus uni as I remember so the student accommodation and SU is very lively and vibrant as I remember it

Offline gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #19146 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Both terrifying and upsetting in equal measure. I don’t know what the statistics are like for violent crime nationally but it just feels like more and more serious crime is taking place. Often it seems baseless or unprovoked, I just can’t begin to imagine how someone ends up attacking someone else over nothing

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19147 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:56:26 PM »

Gan Northumbria lad, unless you already live in Newcastle.

Live in Chester-le-Street so already quite close to the town. Aaaaful place. Fancy moving away but not too far.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19148 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:59:07 PM »

Nice one mate. Derby isn't the best but they are a big campus uni as I remember so the student accommodation and SU is very lively and vibrant as I remember it

Aye, remember reading that the campus is canny.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #19149 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 01:03:41 PM »

I did History at Derby. Just had a quick look at the modules and the course looks pretty much the same. The course and the teaching staff were great when I was there. Interesting topics and teaching. No exams and part of your marks was decided upon participation in debates and presentations etc. which was great. The lecturers were supportive too, which is not always a given in academia. My dissertation supervisor, Whitehead, was fantastic and played a big part in me coming out with a good mark despite me being a disgrace for the first year and a half.

Mind, you're right about the city. Its not great, but its not awful. I always felt a bit envious of friends in Leeds and Liverpool for nightlife, however Derby is pretty student orientated and regardless of it being a second rate city, I still had a class 4 years there and enjoyed it immensely.