Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 683374 times)

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #18450 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 06:02:54 pm »
Found this quite amusing/ decent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-48292972

Just sounds like it was an invented story by the restaurant for some sweet PR. The likes of Piers Morgan quoting it seems to suggest it worked.
Consider winning

« Reply #18451 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 02:46:50 pm »
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #18452 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 02:51:42 pm »
R.I.P

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #18453 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 02:54:17 pm »
Grumpy Cat has died. Sad times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48308638

Heartbreaking.  R.I.P. :'(

On a more trivial note, I.M. Pei has also died.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #18454 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 03:51:47 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #18455 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:49:23 pm »
There is this Chinese takeaway next to mine. When we have ordered on Justeat it tastes pretty good, you get more filling and more portion sizes. Go in or order on the phone, it doesn’t taste as good, the sizes are smaller, and you get less filling.
I wonder if they have a separate kitchen for Justeat orders.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #18456 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:55:53 pm »
They should cancel Love Island at the same time, then.
The only reason Jeremy Kyle has been cancelled is because for pretty much every show they have claimed a polygraph test is 99% accurate. In reality studies have shown that is has a 50/50 chance at best. On top of this people are now coming out and saying that the producers falsified some results.
They haven’t cancelled it because they have suddenly developed a conscience, they have cancelled it because with this man committing suicide due to a likely incorrect polygraph test result on the show, they are now up s*** creek legally. It’s the same reason why they have pulled all the previous episodes from catchup TV and social media accounts.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #18457 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 08:47:17 am »
At the risk of sounding proper old man... Noticed this trend in the last couple of days of people walking around standing on the back of their shoes. Like they were sanders or whatever, but instead they've just crushed the back of the shoes with their heel. Seems needless :lol:

No idea why anyone would do this unless for a good reason. I did this with one foot in the office when I was recovering from chemical burns as it was too painful to put my shoe on properly.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #18458 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:18:09 am »
At the risk of sounding proper old man... Noticed this trend in the last couple of days of people walking around standing on the back of their shoes. Like they were sanders or whatever, but instead they've just crushed the back of the shoes with their heel. Seems needless :lol:
Similar to this. Anyone noticed that a lot of people walk with their left foot at a 10 o’clock position (sometimes a 9 o’clock position, sometimes an 11 o’clock position)?
It’s usually only the left foot, and more common with people wearing trainers (people wearing Air Max usually have their foot open further).

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #18459 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:25:10 am »
:lol:

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #18460 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:36:43 am »
You can hear the investigating officers delighted tone as she reads that post to her partner. "That's it, we've got our first lead on The Air Max Ripper, I told you he'd slip up! "
Bearings Straight!

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #18461 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:49:13 am »
Similar to this. Anyone noticed that a lot of people walk with their left foot at a 10 o’clock position (sometimes a 9 o’clock position, sometimes an 11 o’clock position)?
It’s usually only the left foot, and more common with people wearing trainers (people wearing Air Max usually have their foot open further).

Sounds like the clear trait of a psychopath to me - and I bet they're heavier users of shoes.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #18462 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 12:19:23 pm »

They're probably just having a cockney walkabout

Consider winning

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #18463 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:16:54 pm »
:lol: but not. We had a fire alarm at work last week and I'm a fire warden, so it was mostly herding sheep, but there are SO many cats.

Mostly self-important c***s who don't believe the laws of f***ing science apply to them, they'll finish their conversation, they need to save this document, they need to collect ALL of their belongings and check their look in the mirror before venturing outside. FOR f***'S SAKE, WE'RE ON FIRE!! GET! OUT! NOW!

The worst ones are the bosses, one had a client in and pretended he hadn't heard the f***-off klaxon. Man, bystanders should be first out, it shouldn't fall on us to be the heavies. Fireguard 3 in our dept. is 21 or something and was too scared to interrupt, that's his boss. Me: "f*** it. I hate him anyway. OUT! Put it down, leave it! OUT!"

People are stupid.
:) As you were.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #18464 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:01:43 pm »
I'm a fire warden as well. There's always some c*** trying to be funny - "har har you have to be last out" - actually no I don't, now get the f*** out of my way.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #18465 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:19:42 pm »
They should cancel Love Island at the same time, then.

Absolutely this. Jeremy Kyle is a f***ing s*** show, but Love Island does equally tremendous damage in terms of presenting an entirely vacant, superficial, image of what young people could aspire to.

This video pretty much nails Love Island.

But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #18466 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 11:24:31 pm »
https://youtu.be/yAUl9OvaGgU?t=390

Just imply that anti-establishment, traditionally, means racist. Then shrug it off with a chuckle. What kind of f***ing journalism is this?

Continued watching, it's s**** journalism. Effective, but s****. Just two minutes later she is asking Yanis why his opponents paint him as a narcissist. Conveniently after a clip of two young girls referencing his hunkiness.

For a journalist that is purportedly concerned about accusations of narcissism, she doesn't half love a close up of herself. Probably sees it as self-deprecating because "ooh she's got a scar".
« Last Edit: Sunday 19 May 2019, 11:48:40 pm by sadnesstan »

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #18467 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 04:29:51 pm »
Have just been looking at my Student Loan account for the first time in ages.

I finished Uni in 2009. Current balance is going to take me about 7 years to pay off, if my earnings remain constant. This is with a very kind rate of interest (1.5%) on the Plan One scheme.

For recent graduates who took out the same type of loan product I did (tuition fee and full amount of maintenance) their debt will be close to £40,000. Their rate of interest appears to be 6.3% currently. So month by month the interest accruing is roughly £200.00.

As an illustrative example: If you earn £40,000 per year you pay off roughly £2,000 a year through PAYE deductions. Or about £170 per month.

Can see this creating all sorts of problems in the future.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #18468 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 05:38:38 pm »
It's really not sustainable, but we'll ignore it for another decade at least. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #18469 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 07:52:56 pm »
6.3% is criminal. Basically robbing the people who get a decent job to pay for the fact the whole system is fundamentally flawed.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #18470 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 12:21:48 am »
Took me until I was 40 to pay mine off over here, and that’s with a half-tuition scholarship.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #18471 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 01:38:19 am »
Took me until I was 40 to pay mine off over here, and that’s with a half-tuition scholarship.

They're f***ing with student loan forgiveness here too. Thankfully my wife has a good job, otherwise God only knows how long it will take to pay them off. As it stands we're looking at paying them off just in time for our daughters to get to college.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #18472 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 07:58:25 am »
6.3% is criminal. Basically robbing the people who get a decent job to pay for the fact the whole system is fundamentally flawed.

So unfortunate for the extremely highly paid. :(
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #18473 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 08:04:02 am »
Anyone earning over £25,700 pays that interest rate. Those earning under that pay 3.3%. So about £100 per month, again they will struggle to pay off anything other than the interest accruing.

Am I right in thinking that student debt isn’t State owned?

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #18474 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 08:30:39 am »
SFE are separate, though heavily regulated entity. The debt is wiped after 30 years to note, so many people now will never pay theirs back. Big hole in it all.