Author Topic: Newcastle  (Read 42317 times)

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: Newcastle
« Reply #725 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 07:27:11 PM »
They are usually all crap, although the one in Bristol a few years back was class. No surprise our city balls these things up in terms of planning, location etc. Was gonna take the boys just for something to do, I know it will be s*** and heaving with charvers and hipsters though. Guarantee there won’t be a decent pizza stall either! Keep it!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #726 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 10:18:16 PM »
They've put a massive f*** off windmill on Northumberland Street, and a giant Weihnachtspyramide directly in front of the Emerson Chambers building (Waterstones) which both seemingly function simply as bratwurst stalls. Neither of these were shown nor granted as part of the temporary planning permission for what its worth, but have appeared nevertheless :lol:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #727 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 11:03:16 PM »
Wonder if they’ll mind me sneaking in my pizza with a twist stall...

Probably be the biggest hit there!

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #728 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 11:04:44 PM »
Aye couldn't believe the size of the bratwurst thing outside Waterstones, it's absolutely massive  :lol:

Apparently a huge inflatable slide toboggan at hippy green as well?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #729 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 11:12:27 PM »
They've put a massive f*** off windmill on Northumberland Street, and a giant Weihnachtspyramide directly in front of the Emerson Chambers building (Waterstones) which both seemingly function simply as bratwurst stalls. Neither of these were shown nor granted as part of the temporary planning permission for what its worth, but have appeared nevertheless :lol:

Same people as Edinburgh? They’ve been hoying s*** up without planning n all. Most of it looks utterly gash nevermind Northumberland St having nee space to walk

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #730 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 11:14:59 PM »

Same people as Edinburgh? They’ve been hoying s*** up without planning n all. Most of it looks utterly gash nevermind Northumberland St having nee space to walk

Aye, the edinburgh one doesn't actually look safe in places.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #731 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 12:07:40 AM »
They should split the Xmas market into several different locations that are pedestrianised, have some stalls on Northumberland Street, Hippy Green, the Big Market, around the Monument and the site where they host Jestival which could host a bigger cluster of stalls. That way various locations get to benefit from more visitors/potential extra revenues and it frees up having to close certain roads or turn one specific area into one big crowded wall to wall stalls where people will find it hard to move around visiting the stalls or visiting other shops/places. Ditch the stupid slides and s***.

Bristol a few years back the Xmas market was split into different zones away from the roads, neatly lined up so as not to be difficult to navigate/get to other shops and in a way that didn’t inconvenience local businesses but enhance extra foot fall.

They could have stalls around the Civic Centre even.

Or maybe take it out of town and have it where the hoppings set up and make it huge with rides and s***. Or just do away with it altogether!

Whoever plans these things wants sacked!

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #732 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 03:43:38 PM »
There is a huge slide just near hippy square!

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #733 on: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 08:57:54 PM »
There is a huge slide just near hippy square!

Aye, just been to the Xmas market and the boys went on it. As for the market itself, it’s a bit s***, but I can’t see why many people have whinged about it.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #734 on: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 09:03:52 PM »
Dying to get back over but its not the same without a game ffs.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #735 on: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 09:06:33 PM »

Watch it in pub or just go?

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #736 on: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 09:08:31 PM »

Watch it in pub or just go?

Would feel like a hypocrite going at the minute. :lol: It'd be stinking to go and watch a Bruce team too. The pub is an option and I'll probably consider it. But if its a weekend on the beer without a match then I could go anywhere really.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #737 on: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
?s=20

Our local paper Ladies and Gentlemen
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline SheikhShearer

• General Member
« Reply #738 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 06:09:42 PM »
The Christmas market could be f***ing amazing and I'd still hate it because of the absolute f*** on public transport has become because of it. Newcastle City Council are proper thick c***s closing off Blackett Street for almost two months.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #739 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
The Christmas market could be f***ing amazing and I'd still hate it because of the absolute f*** on public transport has become because of it. Newcastle City Council are proper thick c***s closing off Blackett Street for almost two months.

Aye, it’s badly planned, and feels very much of a let down. Kids enjoyed it though :lol:

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #740 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 09:34:35 PM »

Agreed, though I accept part of my annoyance falls on me for failing to remember this every time I go for the bus.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #742 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 11:25:47 AM »
Jesus :lol:

Nobody was stabbed to death though, so think yourselves lucky.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #743 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 02:01:20 PM »
Get used to it, Beckett Street is closing permanently.
In all honesty, Beckett Street is not the problem with it. Having stall double wide on the streets is the worst part. There simply isn’t enough room, going down Grainger Street from Monument is like trying to walk through a brick wall. Northumberland Street is simply too busy at this time of year to have that many stalls on it and so few gaps to cross the street.
Another thing is that most of the stalls are just either food stalls or retail chains, it takes away from it being a market as such.
It’s a good idea, but it’s not excited well. Close off Ridley Place and have a few market stalls there.