Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 638907 times)

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
Re: Cricket
« Reply #23475 on: Yesterday at 03:04:40 PM »
Watched the last 30 mins and thought Wasim Akram was fantastic.

When he was playing , he was one of those players like Warne, Marshall, McGrath, Hadlee , that when he came on to bowl as an England fan, you'd be praying that he wouldn't run amok. Probably the best reverse swinger in the game ever, and definitely the reason Pakistan did us in the WC final of 92. The balls which did Lamb and Lewis were unplayable and given they happened 3 quarters through the innings with a white ball speaks volumes. As an England supporter I hated him, but at the same time loved to watch him bowl. He was pretty savage with the bat too when needed. And you're right, he's good on the comms too. I used to like Rameez too.

I'd love us to be the first to return to play in Pakistan. I'd be surprised with this current Pakistan team though if we didn't get a right hammering.

Pakistan in the 90s, man... Akram, Moin, Waqar, Inzi, Mushtaq, even Shoaib...
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
Re: Cricket
« Reply #23476 on: Yesterday at 03:38:34 PM »
Watched the last 30 mins and thought Wasim Akram was fantastic.

When he was playing , he was one of those players like Warne, Marshall, McGrath, Hadlee , that when he came on to bowl as an England fan, you'd be praying that he wouldn't run amok. Probably the best reverse swinger in the game ever, and definitely the reason Pakistan did us in the WC final of 92. The balls which did Lamb and Lewis were unplayable and given they happened 3 quarters through the innings with a white ball speaks volumes. As an England supporter I hated him, but at the same time loved to watch him bowl. He was pretty savage with the bat too when needed. And you're right, he's good on the comms too. I used to like Rameez too.

I'd love us to be the first to return to play in Pakistan. I'd be surprised with this current Pakistan team though if we didn't get a right hammering.

Pakistan in the 90s, man... Akram, Moin, Waqar, Inzi, Mushtaq, even Shoaib...

They've had so many great players over the years. I go back as far as Zaheer Abbas, Intikhab, Imran obvs, Sarfraz, Wasim Raja, Abdul Qadir ( I'd never seen the ball spin so much in so many directions , neither had the English batsmen unfortunately. Had he been about today he'd challenge Warne and Murali's numbers), Asif Iqbal, Javed Miandad and Saleem Malik, and before my time the legend that was Hanif Mohammed. They're a great cricket nation.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.