Author Topic: Karlo Darlow  (Read 105960 times)

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
Re: Karlo Darlow
« Reply #1575 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 08:28:03 AM »
Bruce won’t change it unless he makes a glaringly big error. The fact he’s better makes no difference to him.
?s=21

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1576 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
?s=20

:thup:
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Ben

• General Member
« Reply #1577 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 08:31:10 AM »
I think Darlow and Carroll will be dropped for Leeds, Bruce will pack the midfield with plodders and go for a 0-0

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #1578 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
I remember Dubravka's first game. Yes he made alot of impressive saves but I remember being even more impressed with his organising of the defenders around him.
I think he needs to come back. Darlow has exceeded expectations but is starting to make silly errors for goals again. In fairness, his goal gets peppered with s***s every game so there's bound to be one or two thst slip past.

However i've also no doubt Dubravka makes all the saves Darlow does if he had been playing instead. We just take alot of shots so it makes the goalkeepers look great cus they are so busy.

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #1579 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 10:20:58 AM »
I remember Dubravka's first game. Yes he made alot of impressive saves but I remember being even more impressed with his organising of the defenders around him.
I think he needs to come back. Darlow has exceeded expectations but is starting to make silly errors for goals again. In fairness, his goal gets peppered with s***s every game so there's bound to be one or two thst slip past.

However i've also no doubt Dubravka makes all the saves Darlow does if he had been playing instead. We just take alot of shots so it makes the goalkeepers look great cus they are so busy.
"Peppered with s***s".  Quite apt.    :D

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #1580 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 10:24:34 AM »
freudian slip 😂

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #1581 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 10:26:19 AM »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1582 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 11:02:21 AM »
Dubravka makes mistakes but his all round game saves far more points.
?s=21

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1583 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 11:08:58 AM »
Bruce won’t change it unless he makes a glaringly big error. The fact he’s better makes no difference to him.

He made one yesterday. Bruce is crap at decision making, and his failure to bring back Dubravka was always going to bite him in the arse. While Darlow has done fine as a fill in, as soon as Dubravka was back in the team it was obvious he was a class above. Bruce has devalued Darlow who's stock was really high before yesterday.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1584 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 11:46:32 PM »
Where’s the old Warrick Davis in goal gif? Darlow for the first goal and penalty reminded me of that.
?s=21

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #1585 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:22:23 AM »
It's a shame that it's been allowed to arrive at the point where most fans are calling for him to be dropped (rightly so imo as we need Dubravka for his ability and leadership for the scrap afoot). The situation should have been managed better, and Darlow should have been gracefully moved to his number 2 spot before mistakes crept in and began to mount. Perhaps the Sheffield Utd game should have been his last as I think Dubravka started the game against Arsenal a few days before. Could have just thanked Darlow and brought Dubravka back in, rather than allowing it to get to the point where the management have waited for these mistakes to creep in and people are on his back a bit.

Fine contribution for us this season, but ultimately a number 2 at this level.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #1586 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 08:22:54 AM »
It's a shame that it's been allowed to arrive at the point where most fans are calling for him to be dropped (rightly so imo as we need Dubravka for his ability and leadership for the scrap afoot). The situation should have been managed better, and Darlow should have been gracefully moved to his number 2 spot before mistakes crept in and began to mount. Perhaps the Sheffield Utd game should have been his last as I think Dubravka started the game against Arsenal a few days before. Could have just thanked Darlow and brought Dubravka back in, rather than allowing it to get to the point where the management have waited for these mistakes to creep in and people are on his back a bit.

Classic Bruce though. Doesn't want to make the hard decisions so let's things grab on and then hang the player out to dry, which he's already started doing
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1587 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 09:38:47 AM »

Classic Bruce though. Doesn't want to make the hard decisions so let's things grab on and then hang the player out to dry, which he's already started doing

This is it, he bottled the decision and went for the easy option as he always does.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1588 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
Bruce is notoriously REACTIVE rather than pro-active. he's f***ing clueless.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Fantail Breeze

• General Member
« Reply #1589 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
Poor goalkeeper in a poor side looks good having to make 30 saves a game shocker.

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1590 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:47:30 PM »
?s=21

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1591 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:48:55 PM »
 :lol: I can only laugh. Utterly, utterly baffling.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #1592 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:50:35 PM »
#headsgone

Online St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #1593 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:53:14 PM »
I think it’s a bit harsh criticising him for the penalty. How often do players go straight down the middle after they’ve recently missed one or missed on v the same keeper? He made a decision and stuck to it.

It’s time to get Dubravka back in though.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1594 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:54:28 PM »
Every save I've ever seen for a penalty that was hit down the middle, I've never seen a GK do that  :lol:

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #1595 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 01:58:44 PM »
I think it’s a bit harsh criticising him for the penalty. How often do players go straight down the middle after they’ve recently missed one or missed on v the same keeper? He made a decision and stuck to it.

He flung himself forward head first fo f*** sake. how's that being harsh on him  :lol:. Was hilarious and baffling all rolled into one weird dive.

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1596 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:00:18 PM »

I've seen shootouts where a keeper has thought that - but he's stood up, not gone forward two feet head first  :lol:

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #1597 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:01:34 PM »
 :lol: and now I am off again thinking about it. Highlight of the season for me  :lol:

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1598 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:10:57 PM »
Reminds of this  :lol: :lol: