Author Topic: Jamaal Lascelles out for 3 months (from November)  (Read 262559 times)

Offline TRon

• General Member
Re: Jamaal Lascelles
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 14 July 2015, 02:11:54 PM »

Anita doesn't look much shorter than Colback in that picture. Lascelles does look the sort of defender we need physique wise.

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 14 July 2015, 02:18:15 PM »
"Hulk smash!" Is the first thing that pops up in my head when seeing him.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 14 July 2015, 11:49:27 PM »

Anita doesn't look much shorter than Colback in that picture. Lascelles does look the sort of defender we need physique wise.
Hulkness aside it's going to be pretty amazing if he just goes from not being a regular with Forest to playing in our first team like. Suspect we might never really see much of him in that respect.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 12:43:09 AM »

Hulkness aside it's going to be pretty amazing if he just goes from not being a regular with Forest to playing in our first team like. Suspect we might never really see much of him in that respect.
To be fair he started being a regular once Freedman was the manager, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Pearce not selecting him, he is a moron like Carver

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 03:04:57 AM »

To be fair he started being a regular once Freedman was the manager, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Pearce not selecting him, he is a moron like Carver

was he/were they any good from that point on?

agree on pearce, he beats even pardew in the fraud stakes if you ask me
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 03:14:25 AM »

was he/were they any good from that point on?

agree on pearce, he beats even pardew in the fraud stakes if you ask me
I didn't watch them play so not sure how Lascelles did BUT there was a slight improvement results wise for Forest

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 09:40:51 AM »
Only a friendly obviously but first impressions weren't great. Looked very clumsy and out of his depth against high speed attackers playing football on the floor.

Offline taxfree

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 09:45:43 AM »
Only a friendly obviously but first impressions weren't great. Looked very clumsy and out of his depth against high speed attackers playing football on the floor.

I don't disagree, but worth remembering that he's still young and most importantly played alongside the partner from hell in a weak side.

Offline ads

• woz Kazuki Ito
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 10:01:41 AM »

I don't disagree, but worth remembering that he's still young and most importantly played alongside the partner from hell in a weak side.

While I agree with the first part, it wasn't a particularly weak side in relation to the squad we have was it?

Offline U2

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 04:37:54 PM »
Can pick a pass with both feet. That impressed me.

Offline Cunning_Linguist

• TFiK
  • General Member
  • AKA King Cunni
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 05:23:30 PM »
I work with a Forest supporter, watches them all the time and he was gutted that Lascelles left the as he said that he had "Potential" BUT only if he was given a run in the team...
Peppa Pig is a c***.

This. She's an absolute little s*** and if she were my child/pig/whatever-she-is she'd be grounded for life.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
He had the agility of a Sherman tank
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
There were signs there for me last night to not to be too worried. The penalty was a big issue of course and he was at fault not just for giving the pen away but also allowing the forward to get into the position where he had to make a reckless challenge. However playing alongside Williamson must be hard on any CB, there was also little protection in that first half from Colback and Anita.  At times on the ball he looked good, he was also decisive a lot of the times, sometimes making the wrong decision but at least having the balls to take the initiative. I think given the right coaching this lad could be special, but that something we haven't excelled at in th past.  He's certainly got the physical characteristics to get there though.

Offline cannybagoftudor

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 15 July 2015, 07:09:43 PM »
Has years ahead of him to get as f***ing awful as Will-yum-sun - has the physicality and can use both feet - just needs coaching (fingers crossed).

Offline Dan

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 10:08:18 AM »
He's never going to look decent playing alongside Williamson. I blame Williamson for the plight of Coloccini's form over the last couple of seasons. He could make Maldini look like Boumsong.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
Have to agree. He can't fill you with confidence like, you would have to have one eye on the man he is marking too. No young kid should have to come in and play alongside this abomination.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
He's never going to look decent playing alongside Williamson. I blame Williamson for the plight of Coloccini's form over the last couple of seasons. He could make Maldini look like Boumsong.

Spot on mate - I've said exactly this for ages now!

Offline Dan

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 10:16:26 AM »
Colo looks twice the player when he's playing alongside Taylor in my opinion. Judge the lad once he's got a footballer as a CB partner.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 10:16:34 AM »
Jamaal hardly played last season too right? Think he just needs to get back into it. Good that he's starting out games, should get him up to speed quicker.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 12:16:06 PM »

MYM was fantastic against high speed attackers playing football on the floor, but then he got criticised for not doing Williamson's job of beating giant strikers in the air. Seems to me our best bet would have been a big cb like Lascelles alongside someone like MYM. Shame we flogged him because Pards didn't rate him.

Offline Dan Gleebals

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 12:36:07 PM »

MYM was fantastic against high speed attackers playing football on the floor, but then he got criticised for not doing Williamson's job of beating giant strikers in the air. Seems to me our best bet would have been a big cb like Lascelles alongside someone like MYM. Shame we flogged him because Pards didn't rate could not manage him.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
Flogged bc a Weirdo
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
As it it stands I would go with Lascelles and Colo, it can't be any worse than Willo/Taylor with him.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 01:38:10 PM »
Taylor is probably better to be fair
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 16 July 2015, 01:38:17 PM »
As it it stands I would go with Lascelles and Colo, it can't be any worse than Willo/Taylor with him.

Same here. MYM was originally bought to replace Colo which made sense, so might as well go with the best combination available now he's gone.