Author Topic: Jamaal Lascelles out for 3 months (from November)  (Read 262558 times)

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
Re: Jamaal Lascelles out for 3 months (from November)
« Reply #4200 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 07:36:59 PM »
One area of the pitch we have loads of cover for tbh, yes does make us a bit more susceptible to pace though
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #4201 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 07:43:12 PM »
One area of the pitch we have loads of cover for tbh, yes does make us a bit more susceptible to pace though
Dummett is deceptively fast, one of the fastest at the club.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #4202 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
Should just play Almiron or Allan there, they would probably get 15 goals from centreback I would imagine.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4203 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 09:27:05 PM »
While not wanting to see any player injured this could be a bit of luck for Steve Bruce. He was never going to drop Lascelles being the club captain but Lejeune is just a far superior player and far better distribution from the back. The front three will benefit hugely from this.

He needs to displace Clark first though, he’s done well that lad when called upon, in fairness.
Minge Tingles

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4204 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
While not wanting to see any player injured this could be a bit of luck for Steve Bruce. He was never going to drop Lascelles being the club captain but Lejeune is just a far superior player and far better distribution from the back. The front three will benefit hugely from this.

He needs to displace Clark first though, he’s done well that lad when called upon, in fairness.

Can't drop Clark ATM.

Online Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #4205 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 10:04:51 AM »
If Lejeune is back then Clark is a good option in the middle in the interim. Ideally working towards a Lejeune-Fernandez-Schar back three - and with Willems and Yedlin in form, that looks decent (objectively)
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #4206 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 12:21:08 AM »
I think he’ll be a bigger miss than some realise, for all his flaws on the ball, he will leave a big gap back there in the air, at set pieces, at leading and with his pace and recovery getting back. He’s their best defender in terms of just defending easily. No-one else fills me with as much confidence in terms of strictly defending.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline gjohnson

« Reply #4207 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
While he has no particular stand out abilities,  he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses either.  he is a very decent defender, the leadership in the backline will be missed. Can't see Schar or Lejeune screaming at Dummett for being his usual 20 yards out of place

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4208 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 03:18:20 PM »
we'll miss his leadership and presence if nothing else imo, not sure we have anyone else in the squad close to him in that respect
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #4209 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 12:51:24 AM »
we'll miss his leadership and presence if nothing else imo, not sure we have anyone else in the squad close to him in that respect

:thup:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4210 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 06:07:28 AM »
Not sure it was even that last night. The balance was all wrong. Clark on the left of the three, Schar on the right, Fernandez in the centre organising. I don’t think Clark is good enough to lead a defence but he’s been more than fine when he’s played where he has been.
?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4211 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 10:35:58 AM »
As soon as PD was named in the team it was down the drain.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez