Author Topic: The England Thread  (Read 487009 times)

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
Re: The England Thread
« Reply #16675 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 09:39:30 PM »
Foden > Grealish.
They're both incredible and both should be starting imo.

Against toss like Iceland you’d have to look to try too. It’s a shame Foden has been playing wide more for City, will hinder him for England under Southgate who is negative.

Online Smal

• General Member
  • Leeds/York
« Reply #16676 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 09:43:02 PM »
I don’t rate him very highly, but Lampard would probably be a good England manager.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #16677 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 11:08:57 PM »
Foden > Grealish.
Definitely. Foden is a special player, potential is absolutely huge for him.
So versitile as well, will be interesting to see what his best position will be. If I was building a team around him, it'd probably be in a number 10 role, but could easily see him playing on either side of a striker, as a traditional winger or as the attacking cm.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #16678 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 11:10:57 PM »
I'd like to see Foden and Grealish both play TBH.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #16679 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 11:48:54 PM »
I'd like to see Foden and Grealish both play TBH.
I'd have Sterling and Sancho well ahead of Grealish in the 3  attacking positions like. Don't really see a way to fit both Grealish and Foden into a midfield neither.
Still got the likes of Rashford and Greenwood knocking on the door for positions as well.
Such a shame the midfield and CBs are so average with the attacking talent we've got at the moment.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #16680 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 11:56:29 PM »
Henderson
Walker Maguire Gomes
TAA Foden Henderson Chilwell
Sancho Kane Sterling

Something like that would be interesting to see.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #16681 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 12:26:57 AM »
Formation is the issue for me, and whilst I get why GS likes it and wants stability at the back and in the middle, IIRC of that XI you’ve listed only Chilwell plays in it regularly and even then it’s not every game.

To win at international tournaments IMO you need to attempt 3 things: Organisation, Combinations, Create from nothing.

England are getting closer to the latter the other two I’m not confident of. Few club combinations playing with each other and the defence and DM is an accident waiting to happen.

Online Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #16682 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 07:27:48 AM »
I know Iceland weren't giving their usual 100%, but there was a lot of encouragement to take.

Foden seems to have the lot.

Grealish is improving with every game at that level. He sometimes hangs on to the ball too long, but he's a player who can create from nothing.

Kane is also improving, from quite a high level to start off with. He's looking more and more like the complete central striker.

And finally, there was evidence that we don't need both Henderson and Rice. One will do.
People generalise too much.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #16683 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 07:47:15 AM »
Foden is a special, special talent - he really should go to be one of our greatest ever players!

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #16684 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 08:21:44 AM »
Foden is a special, special talent - he really should go to be one of our greatest ever players!

I think everyone knows that he's my favourite non-nufc player. He's spent years training alongside David Silva and KDB so I really believe he's going to be world class. Could watch him play every day.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #16685 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

I think everyone knows that he's my favourite non-nufc player. He's spent years training alongside David Silva and KDB so I really believe he's going to be world class. Could watch him play every day.

Totally agree pal - just turned 20 too!