Author Topic: FIFA: 2022 World Cup will take place between 21st November and 18th December  (Read 83584 times)

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
Re: FIFA Arrests
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 10:49:16 am »
No re-vote for the World Cups.
For now.

Think it be impossible to have a re-vote for the 2018 World Cup. But for 2022 there is still time.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUSA! x4 or 5.

First the nazis, then the communists, now FIFA. Yanks always come to save the world :smitten:
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Anon

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 10:50:32 am »
Reading the news, does FIFA employ anyone under the age of 70?! :lol:

Offline Noodles

• General Member
  • S'up.....................
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 10:51:05 am »
For now.

I think there's a lot of "for nows" atm. I can see both processes being rerun and Blatter getting banged up before the year is out.

Offline NUFC_Chris

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 10:51:35 am »
US Department of Justice: "The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic & deep-rooted".

I hope they nail their balls to the floor on this one, I really do.

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:00:22 am »
Reading the news, does FIFA employ anyone under the age of 70?! :lol:

Nah, they're all f***ing dinosaurs. Ridiculous.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

antz1uk

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:04:33 am »
FIFA are a shambles, still saying business as usual, what would happen if the big sponsors all pull the plug?

Offline mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:06:07 am »
f***ing great this like.

Offline Dan Gleebals

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:13:36 am »
Anyone that voted for a world cup to take place in a desert in 40+ heat has clearly taken a few bags of gold and a few hundred camels thrown in for good measure.  Insane decision (not that I have anything against the middle east)

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:15:41 am »
I have to say I'm pleased with this - England might have got shafted in the World Cup voting, but Australia got truly bent over - but I don't think anything will stop Blatter from winning another rigged election and pretending to be guilt free. One day, he's going to be led away in shackles, still protesting his innocence.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline Anon

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:17:38 am »

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:18:21 am »
Anyone that voted for a world cup to take place in a desert in 40+ heat has clearly taken a few bags of gold and a few hundred camels thrown in for good measure.  Insane decision (not that I have anything against the middle east)

:thup:

They have just as much of a right to apply as anyone else. However, all things considered it's an absolutely mental decision. The world cup should be built on equality. I can't think of two less equality-focussed nations than Qatar and Russia. Beggars belief how they thought this would all go smoothly.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:24:29 am »

They have just as much of a right to apply as anyone else. However, all things considered it's an absolutely mental decision. The world cup should be built on equality. I can't think of two less equality-focussed nations than Qatar and Russia. Beggars belief how they thought this would all go smoothly.

World Cup should be built on honesty and with emphasize on promoting the sport, if people think Qatar and Russia were deserving despite their political problems than fair enough, but that is obviously not the case. If the World Cup would be based on equality than we'd only have very few nations hosting the World Cup year in year out and they'd all be played in Europe. FIFA is a huge organization with so much resource which makes it even sadder to see this type of corruption, as it has the power to change so much in the world because of peoples love to the game. It's shameful really what greed can do to people.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:26:04 am »
I'm in favour of sometimes sending the world cup to nations with a developing interest in football, in order to promote it. USA '94 etc.

Offline TheGuv

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:27:07 am »
For now.

Think it be impossible to have a re-vote for the 2018 World Cup. But for 2022 there is still time.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUSA! x4 or 5.

First the nazis, then the communists, now FIFA. Yanks always come to save the world :smitten:

They always leave it as late as possible though eh? EH?

AMIRITE?

Offline Dan Gleebals

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:27:29 am »

Indeed they do, there is no doubt in that.  As you say, mental! For footballing reasons alone it does not work in Qatar and as for Russia with all the political unrest with Ukraine (putting it mildly) going on, it just does not feel right either.  So if decisions were not made on footballing or political reasons, what were they made on!

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:30:11 am »
They'll definitely go after Blatter eventually, unless he's squeaky clean (which he's obviously not).

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:30:49 am »
They'll definitely go after Blatter eventually, unless he's squeaky clean (which he's obviously not).

Unless he's been ratting these guys out to save his own ass.

Offline Noodles

• General Member
  • S'up.....................
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:35:13 am »

Unless he's been ratting these guys out to save his own ass.

Think you'll find that Chuck Blazer is the one thats turned rat. Blatter's f***ed mate, matter of time.

Offline Dan Gleebals

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:36:34 am »
I don't think there would be too many instances where such systemic corruption (as is widely acknowledge to be the case with FIFA) in a company/institution/governing body would not be known to its leader(s). I am not suggesting they do/would condone it, but they must be aware of it and by default as guilty as the rest, as they ultimately preside over it and should not let it happen.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:39:28 am »
The yanks would love Blatters scalp.

Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:40:21 am »
The yanks would love Blatters scalp.

They're not the only ones.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:42:17 am »
True but they are like a dog with a bone.

Watched loads of FBI stuff me like ;)
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:47:50 am »
f***ing get in.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:49:39 am »
Corruption is a capital offence right?

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 11:54:45 am »
The Swiss authorities have launched a separate probe now too. It's all happening.