Author Topic: NUFC Kits  (Read 339072 times)

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
Re: NUFC Kits
« Reply #4925 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:09:32 PM »
that badge just looks pure class
N U F C

Offline GavMcEl

• General Member
« Reply #4926 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:10:44 PM »
Seen something  on fb on Saturday... tried to post it on here but dont know how to put up pics .... was a prototype  for the 125 season away kit.... was the maroon  hooped Jersey with  the coat of arms as the Crest was class looking
Guessing this was the one?

Has anyone ever seen this before? Apparently a prototype of the 17-18 third kit.

That crest/badge...wow.

?s=20
Naw lad was the same crest but it was maroon hooped  Jersey with a white collar the same style  as the 125 year home Jersey..... dont wanna sound like a t*** but if some one messages me how to post pics I'll put it up lol

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #4927 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
Use a site like imgur.com to upload, get the link and:

Code: [Select]
[img]link[/img]
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #4928 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
Too irregular, text needs zooming in, not a circle. No marketability. It won't look good in the arrivals corridor at Newcastle International.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #4929 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:28:56 PM »
That badge sewn in, not one of those shitty ironed on patches and it's a winner.
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4930 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 10:01:01 PM »
appears to be a player's kit tbh
N U F C

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #4931 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 04:07:41 AM »
You would think if Puma have extended a 1 year deal with us, they should be releasing images of next season's kit around this time right? Even Liverpool who are switching to Nike have released theirs.

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #4932 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 09:47:35 AM »
You would think if Puma have extended a 1 year deal with us, they should be releasing images of next season's kit around this time right? Even Liverpool who are switching to Nike have released theirs.

Poor thumbhead can only do so many things. The designs are probably still sat on his desk to sign off on.

Offline Willow

• General Member
  • #wait
« Reply #4933 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 01:30:37 AM »

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #4934 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 01:48:03 AM »
Would reverse the black and white stripes to have it look more black-ish. The blue one looks too Les-tah to me. Seen some better concept ones.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #4935 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:23:21 AM »
https://dnre29p915wg3.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/700x700/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/n/e/newcastle-97-away-use_18_2_1_1_4_1.jpg

Hated this one when it came out, but like it now as it's so different, and was surprised to find it is actually historically relevant

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #4936 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:25:14 AM »

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #4937 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:35:58 AM »

Hated this one when it came out, but like it now as it's so different, and was surprised to find it is actually historically relevant

I got that in Magaluf the summer it came out, weeks before it had been released in the UK. Walked through Newcastle airport like royalty, everyone was coming up to me asking where I'd got it from.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #4938 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:38:46 AM »

I got that in Magaluf the summer it came out, weeks before it had been released in the UK. Walked through Newcastle airport like royalty, everyone was coming up to me asking where I'd got it from.

Id love to see this design return.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #4939 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:46:30 AM »

One thing I will say it was very heavy!!

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #4940 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:50:12 AM »
Would reverse the black and white stripes to have it look more black-ish. The blue one looks too Les-tah to me. Seen some better concept ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=99+newcastle+away&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB900GB900&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjGoKLdhcfpAhUDSBUIHQoKBsQQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=D26xd1Kd-YUUAM
I get you. But the one shown is too plain blue for me. At least the one you showed has a distinct Newcaslte logo on it.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #4941 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:52:04 AM »

Just a pity it didn't come out while we were decent, otherwise it might have been remembered more fondly. Unfortunately it is associated with a team that fell from 2nd to 13th and lost a cup final. Seem to recall it was only worn once too (vs Leeds?)

A decent team seems to make a kit more memorable....example the banana/custard cream kit. By every reasonable metric it's horrific to look at, but it was liked as it was associated with a good enjoyable season

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #4942 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 09:58:27 AM »
Had Barnes 10 on the back of that :lol:

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #4943 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:00:16 AM »

One thing I will say it was very heavy!!

Any of our shirts back then with the star on made for for a particularly sweaty, isolated circular part of one's torso :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4944 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
Hate concept kits like.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #4945 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
Hate concept kits like.

The fact they exist shows how badly designed the real ones are.

They're really not designed at all TBH, they're just picked from a set of templates.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #4946 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:08:11 AM »
The collar on the purple orange number had the most uncomfortable high collar too.
LGM

Offline adam

• General Member
  • Thoroughly blue veining
« Reply #4947 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:12:18 AM »
Still don't think our kits will be made by Puma next season

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #4948 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
The thing I liked most about that dark blue/orange/green kit was the enlarged subtly imposed crest across the main body of the shirt. It's great when kits have something like that, looks stylish and really unique to the club. Our orange one this season does a pretty good job of it tbh.

Offline Willow

• General Member
  • #wait
« Reply #4949 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:43:25 AM »
What would be your dream kit maker if we were to swap as soon as possible?