Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 304944 times)

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • I'm just here to dunk on my country
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #1800 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 02:11:33 AM »
Exactly. :pow:

edit: :lol: I mean, I hope everyone knows by now most of my food posting is a bit. Except when I talk about taco bell where I will easily spend $20 and still not be full. That's real.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1801 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 02:29:27 AM »
:lol: I dunno, Tommy. I can't respect your taco game until you address your avocado issues.

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1802 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 02:47:17 AM »
:lol: you see me blasting tacos your whole life changes. just dorothy stepping out into oz. bringing tears to your eyes and s***. you'd have to start taking poetry classes to help share those emotions with the world.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1803 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 04:04:46 AM »
:lol: you see me blasting tacos your whole life changes. just dorothy stepping out into oz. bringing tears to your eyes and s***. you'd have to start taking poetry classes to help share those emotions with the world.

:lol: The f*** outta here. You know it's like this.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #1804 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 09:53:58 PM »
What's the best curry cookbook or website that people would recommend? Fancy knocking one up this weekend.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

firetotheworks

« Reply #1805 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
I'm a big fan of the non-UK version of All Recipes for pretty much everything tbh. You'll find that loads of them are like 'and a microgram of snake's tongue REALLY IMPORTANT', but there's plenty of high scoring stuff that doesn't go to those sorts of ridiculous lengths as well.

http://allrecipes.com/

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/1873/world-cuisine/asian/indian/main-dishes/curry/?internalSource=hub%20nav&referringId=17136&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&linkName=hub%20nav%20daughter&clickId=hub%20nav%202

The Little Waster

« Reply #1806 on: Wednesday 20 September 2017, 11:43:05 PM »
What's the best curry cookbook or website that people would recommend? Fancy knocking one up this weekend.

Who needs books when you got YouTube ?

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1807 on: Thursday 21 September 2017, 03:19:30 AM »

:lol:

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #1808 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
Had (real) Margherita pizza with bruschetta, lasagna and roasted potato wedges last night.  Tonight will be pepperoni pizza with bruschetta, potato wedges and spaghetti bolognese from the local italian.

Thinking about tomorrow but I reckon I might go italian.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1809 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 11:05:11 AM »
I fancied a fish finger sandwich but I didn't have any fish fingers so I ended up with lightly peppered cod fillet on toast. Close enough.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #1810 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 01:28:30 PM »
Indian Kitchen by Maunika Gowardhan is great. There's loads of recipes on her website and she's got links to Newcastle as well :thup:
« Last Edit: Saturday 23 September 2017, 02:50:41 PM by NEEJ »

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #1811 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 02:00:39 PM »
Cheers man. :thup:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #1812 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
Went to Ernest down the Ouseburn for breakfast this morning. Got the halloumi, chorizo, potatoes with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Proper lush.

David Goldblatt

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #1813 on: Saturday 23 September 2017, 10:14:50 PM »
Jooj inspired me to get the cookbook out and I've just made archari murgh (chicken curry) from the above book with a homemade naan. Glorious. :megusta:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #1814 on: Monday 25 September 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
Went to Ernest down the Ouseburn for breakfast this morning. Got the halloumi, chorizo, potatoes with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Proper lush.

I had that (without the Chozza) last time I was down there. Absolutely f***ing excellent.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1815 on: Wednesday 18 October 2017, 06:29:52 PM »
Subway meatball sub, extra sauce. absolute filth. I love it. 

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1816 on: Thursday 19 October 2017, 09:30:39 PM »
Trying to eat less meat after some of the recent scares. Not gone full veggie but I'm consciously trying to reduce the amount of 'processed meat '

These are f***ing lush. They look like a diseased Oompa Loompa's dick but :megusta: they are tasty.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #1817 on: Saturday 28 October 2017, 12:28:18 PM »
Can't stop eating these

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1818 on: Monday 30 October 2017, 05:53:19 AM »
had a 14oz Hokkaido wagyu rib cap while in vegas last week. has ruined steak for me.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1819 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
Went to In-N-Out Burger last night.  Didn't live up to the hype.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #1820 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 02:24:39 PM »
It's not supposed to be hyped in a this-is-the-best-burger-ever way, it's hyped in a this-is-reasonably-priced-and-i-might-not-die-immediately-after-eating-it kind of way.

I would most appreciate in-n-out, given five guys costs a million dollars and takes 6 months off your life, and shake shack is also hella expensive.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1821 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 02:30:02 PM »
It's not supposed to be hyped in a this-is-the-best-burger-ever way, it's hyped in a this-is-reasonably-priced-and-i-might-not-die-immediately-after-eating-it kind of way.

I would most appreciate in-n-out, given five guys costs a million dollars and takes 6 months off your life, and shake shack is also hella expensive.

:lol:  By hype I mean I've seen The Big Lebowski about 27 times.

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1822 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 02:43:10 PM »
I went back a few pages to try and find it but I never heard your Taco Bell trip report, Troll. You stepped across into the shadow realm yet?

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1823 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 03:19:00 PM »
I went back a few pages to try and find it but I never heard your Taco Bell trip report, Troll. You stepped across into the shadow realm yet?

:lol:  Only got here yesterday.  In IHOP right now.  I'll go to Taco Bell for dinner.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #1824 on: Thursday 16 November 2017, 03:24:40 PM »

:lol:  Only got here yesterday.  In IHOP right now.  I'll go to Taco Bell for dinner.

:lol: I guess you're not hugely concerned about the i-might-not-die-immediately-after-eating-it part of my comment then.