Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 325711 times)

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #12425 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:42:29 PM »
y'all got lil debbie snack cakes over there? nutty buddys. star crunch. swiss rolls. cans of pringles. honey famously doesn't spoil just pop the little bear head off the bottle and gulp it down. beef jerky. case of monster.

Looking for ideas for food I can bring to a hotel with me that doesn't need cooking or refrigerating.  The restaurant has really limited hours because of covid and there's nowhere nearby I can get anything.  Room only has a kettle.  Need something reasonably healthy, I'm too old to be living off Pot Noodles and biscuits.

Where's @Hanshithispantz when you need him?

Oh.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #12426 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
Looking for ideas for food I can bring to a hotel with me that doesn't need cooking or refrigerating.  The restaurant has really limited hours because of covid and there's nowhere nearby I can get anything.  Room only has a kettle.  Need something reasonably healthy, I'm too old to be living off Pot Noodles and biscuits.

https://naked-noodle.com/

Tasty, healthy and available in most places. I often buy some prepacked stirfry bags and stick some fresh veg etc in if I am away when having these

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • The perfect food
« Reply #12427 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:49:37 PM »
y'all got lil debbie snack cakes over there? nutty buddys. star crunch. swiss rolls. cans of pringles. honey famously doesn't spoil just pop the little bear head off the bottle and gulp it down. beef jerky. case of monster.

Oh.
I identify as mayo, racist.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #12428 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:52:20 PM »

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #12430 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:56:26 PM »
If I was your though and you are there for a bit just buy a cheap Microwave, it's surprising what you can cook in a microwave. I had a about 3 months once with just a microwave and a kettle. You can get them for 30 quid.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12431 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 08:57:48 PM »
If I was your though and you are there for a bit just buy a cheap Microwave, it's surprising what you can cook in a microwave. I had a about 3 months once with just a microwave and a kettle. You can get them for 30 quid.

I'm only there 4 nights a week and I'm commuting by train.  If I had a car I'd bring a rice cooker and a cool box.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #12432 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

I'm only there 4 nights a week and I'm commuting by train.  If I had a car I'd bring a rice cooker and a cool box.

Is it the same hotel each week? If so I’d be asking them if you could just store them somewhere while you’re away to save you taking them to and fro. The worst they can say is no.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12433 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
They put me up in the middle of nowhere miles from where I actually work.  In the same hotel next week, but I think they're going to move me to a better one soon so it won't be a problem.  I don't mind eating out every day, but my only option in this hotel is the vending machine, there's literally nothing nearby.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #12434 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 12:47:39 AM »

https://naked-noodle.com/

Tasty, healthy and available in most places. I often buy some prepacked stirfry bags and stick some fresh veg etc in if I am away when having these

Can confirm these are decent.

You need to get to a Polish supermarket and snack on the vacuum sealed meats and a red onion.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12435 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:58:49 AM »
Crisis averted, they've moved me to a new hotel opposite a Pret.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #12436 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 01:49:46 PM »
:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #12437 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
Just had a roast lamb and gravy leftover baguette with additional fried onions. Sacré Bleu.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #12438 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 02:10:21 PM »
Get a metal bowl then you can heat beans and stuff up with the steam from the kettle :thup:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #12439 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:51:11 PM »

Oh.
I identify as mayo, racist.

:lol:

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Sleestak 2020
« Reply #12440 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:08:46 PM »

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #12441 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:41:32 PM »
That picture makes me think I need to f*** with a Chalupa next time I'm there.

Offline Mike

• General Member

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #12443 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 09:43:17 AM »
Some Gochujang on a fried egg butty. Game changer.
Bearings Straight!

Offline 11Tino11

• General Member
« Reply #12444 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 02:13:16 PM »
Flicking through the channels before and someone was making a Yorkshire pudding pizza, think htt might be the OG of a new food trend.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12445 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:58:43 PM »
A quick 30 minute steak supper from scratch with half boiled potatoes which were then deep fried and a sweet onion, caper and mushroom creamy brandy sauce. I think I’ll stick to making my steak the way I personally like it cooked for me to eat from now on, I just can’t get away with it like this! I fried the potatoes to give the dish some crunch/texture to an otherwise very soft combination. Again my sauce was amazing, definitely a strength of mine in the kitchen even if I do say so myself.

Anyway...

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #12446 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:16:30 PM »
Best looking steak you've put in here. :thup:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12447 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:18:43 PM »
Fat needed rendered down more, it tasted nice, but just not for me that type of steak :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12448 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:18:48 PM »
That steak looks perfect. If that's not the best steak you've ever cooked yourself then your seasoning must be wrong, or something.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12449 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:21:04 PM »
Fat needed rendered down more, it tasted nice, but just not for me that type of steak :thup:

That's a fair comment, but I think you've added the butter too soon. Maybe wait until you turn the steak.