Author Topic: Your Pet Hates  (Read 576063 times)

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
Re: Your Pet Hates
« Reply #16950 on: Friday 12 April 2019, 05:20:44 pm »
You were saying that back in 2010.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #16951 on: Saturday 13 April 2019, 06:51:09 pm »
Having to manage my manager. I spent nearly 30 years getting the previous one under control and the new one is completely chaotic. His files are in no particular order or don't exist. He also decided, without telling me, that he was imposing a mental bitch on me to check my work and tell me what to do. f*** my f***ing life. :lol:

I mean, even her "friends" agree she's unstable, insecure and insane. :lol:

I'll support her whatever happens, but f*** this s***. I have to talk to them separately to sort this out. :thup:
:) As you were.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #16952 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:25:54 pm »
I might have just watched the most obnoxious cooking video ever. No idea why it popped up in my feed but Holy f*** he's annoying.

Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #16953 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:34:01 pm »
:lol: Dude can cook his ass off, though.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #16954 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
:lol: but at what cost Mike? At what cost?
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #16955 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:40:48 pm »

:lol: I mean, on the tv chef scale (ignoring Giada and Nigella and Laura Vitale. f*** y'all I'm a pig) I'd rather the dude be jolly and fun instead of f***ing insufferable.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #16956 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:49:16 pm »

:lol: I mean, on the tv chef scale (ignoring Giada and Nigella and Laura Vitale. f*** y'all I'm a pig) I'd rather the dude be jolly and fun instead of f***ing insufferable.

There's a sweet spot between arsehole and jolly that works for me. If it's Bourdain or Chang I'm watching the f*** out of it. Gonna watch more of this dudes stuff though, so get ready for an "actually........." in a few weeks time :lol:

In other news like a tree where you count it's rings to get it's age for our generation is it how many cooking channels you are subscribed to?
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #16957 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 08:52:38 pm »
:lol: I'm basic as f***, tbh. I'm subscribed to Vitale but I can't recall anything she's ever cooked. (Pig) I stick to Chef John, Alton Brown and Lidia, tbh. Chefs with personalities mostly put me right off.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #16958 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 09:40:56 pm »
Pathetic censorship/editing of PG13/12  films like The Return Of The King (LOTR) which i'm watching now on ITV2,  they have taken out so many bits it's ridiculous.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #16959 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 09:52:01 pm »
:thup:

Remember nearly scarring my boy for life by showing him LotR when was 6 or 7, but after that initial fright he was obsessed with it.  Think we've gone a bit paranoid in recent years. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #16960 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 10:00:22 pm »
I understand censoring gratuitous gore, if anything.

Which isn’t to be found anywhere in LOTR.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #16961 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 10:03:22 pm »
The Lurtz/Aragorn fight from Fellowship lasts about half a second whenever it's on the TV  :lol:

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #16962 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 10:08:38 pm »
I understand censoring gratuitous gore, if anything.

Which isn’t to be found anywhere in LOTR.

So far the stand out edit was not showing Denethor running off the top of Minas Tirith, ok while on fire but a long distance shot. Just loads of pathetic edits that i suppose while not gory, are somewhat horrid like returning the heads of the Faramir's riders, just pathetic.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #16963 on: Sunday 14 April 2019, 10:10:40 pm »
The Lurtz/Aragorn fight from Fellowship lasts about half a second whenever it's on the TV  :lol:

I missed that one when it was on but The Two Towers was on the other night and it was butchered to bits, honestly why not just bring back Mary Whitehouse  :lol:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #16964 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 10:43:48 am »
"ruthless efficiency". Or rather the way it is used as a pejorative, in relation to our [supposed] political enemies

Just been watching a random vid and they were speaking of Russia's ruthless efficiency at getting people to, and from work.

I mean howay. One of the most common complaints in this country is the nightmare that is the trip to work.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #16965 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 11:23:05 am »
How can a commute be ruthless? Doesn't even make sense.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #16966 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 11:24:49 am »

You caught a train in rush hour? :lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #16967 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 11:26:13 am »
Ruthless efficiency? No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #16968 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 11:27:43 am »
Pathetic censorship/editing of PG13/12  films like The Return Of The King (LOTR) which i'm watching now on ITV2,  they have taken out so many bits it's ridiculous.

They once showed The Goonies on Channel 5 a few years ago and it only lasted an hour as they had cut so much stuff out of it  :lol:

Online leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #16969 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 11:47:00 am »

Ruth literally means compassion for the feelings of others, so yeah, i’m thinking the Central line.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #16970 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 12:32:57 pm »

They once showed The Goonies on Channel 5 a few years ago and it only lasted an hour as they had cut so much stuff out of it  :lol:

Oh ffs, it's a kids film  :lol:

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #16971 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 06:37:51 pm »

Yeah, I thought that too and didn't notice it was a '12' rating until I took a DVD into school for the kids to watch one day and was like... ah. Actually.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #16972 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
I might have just watched the most obnoxious cooking video ever. No idea why it popped up in my feed but Holy f*** he's annoying.

:lol: seen him a few times, hated him at first but he’s grown on me.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #16973 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 07:54:06 pm »
:lol: I'll give him a chance then.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #16974 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 09:30:21 pm »

Yeah, I thought that too and didn't notice it was a '12' rating until I took a DVD into school for the kids to watch one day and was like... ah. Actually.

I didn't know that.