Author Topic: Your Pet Hates  (Read 659457 times)

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, EU
Re: Your Pet Hates
« Reply #9000 on: Tuesday 27 September 2016, 12:04:45 AM »
:lol: Looks like I don't f***ing care. f*** you all. :lol:
:) As you were.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #9001 on: Tuesday 27 September 2016, 04:51:39 AM »
I was gonna say I hope I wasn't the only one to have absolutely no idea what that newsted post was going on about

shut up dweeb

:lol:

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #9002 on: Thursday 29 September 2016, 02:13:02 PM »
There's something wrong with somebody who doesn't like a semicolon, definitely.

I like it but feel apprehensive about using it. Just don't have the bloody skills.

Same! My mum reckons you use it to split sentences like this-

There was a lot of miaowing in Croydon last night; the abundance of leftover milk has really facilitated a feline population growth in recent months.

I swear that's wrong though, surely you can just use a comma?

Then again English is literally her 4th language so she's about as credible as a North Korean Tory whip.
Cat statement requires a semicolon or a stop in my view :)

Recent attempted use of a semicolon by myself in last politics thread post. Marks outa ten from those in the know?

Open_C

« Reply #9003 on: Thursday 29 September 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

Not textbook since it's part of the same clause.  You can get away with it since it implies a considered pause but a hyphen would suit better.  Semicolon would have gone better in place of the comma here:

There's plenty about the SNP to criticise, I've never argued against that

Two seperate thoughts but closely related enough to make a single line.  The comma is fine, of course, but a semicolon would fit in there just lovely :)

7/10 would not punctuate

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #9004 on: Thursday 29 September 2016, 02:41:38 PM »

Not textbook since it's part of the same clause.  You can get away with it since it implies a considered pause but a hyphen would suit better.  Semicolon would have gone better in place of the comma here:

There's plenty about the SNP to criticise, I've never argued against that

Two seperate thoughts but closely related enough to make a single line.  The comma is fine, of course, but a semicolon would fit in there just lovely :)

7/10 would not punctuate

Hah! I did initally go with a hyphen but then the lure of the semicolon took over. Cheers for today's lesson.  O0

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #9005 on: Thursday 29 September 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
Would not punctuate. :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • S.N.I.T.C.H.
« Reply #9006 on: Friday 30 September 2016, 10:33:27 PM »
Only two weeks into my hair growth from the usual low cut and I am already finding it difficult to ignore the ever-growing thin spot square on the top of my head. My father is 46 and is fully-equipped on the skull, but his son is already struggling. :lol: This is rubbish, tbh.

Online NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #9007 on: Friday 30 September 2016, 10:52:37 PM »
"fully-equipped on the skull" :lol:

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #9008 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:18:05 PM »
Is there a more licky arse c*** on this planet than James Corden?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #9009 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
probably

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #9010 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

firetotheworks

« Reply #9011 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:26:51 PM »
That celebrity interviewer whose name escapes me. I think they had a version of him on American Dad interviewing Steve Smith.

Piers Morgan is obviously a suck up as well, but that's probably a positive on the scale of his list of attributes.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9013 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
Is there a more licky arse c*** on this planet than James Corden?

firetotheworks

« Reply #9014 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 02:58:25 PM »
Probably more a sign that I should grow the f*** up, but activities that are on at the Hancock Museum etc that are only on in the holiday at like 10am, so unless you're an at home parent, or a child then you can't go.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #9015 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
I hate that every website I go on now has a cookie reminder or the page is stuck whilst the ads load up.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9016 on: Monday 3 October 2016, 03:18:57 PM »
I hate that every website I go on now has a cookie reminder or the page is stuck whilst the ads load up.

Blame the EU.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #9017 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 03:46:03 PM »
People who get worked up about calculating a restaurant bill and insist on splitting it.  Obviously if there's only a few quid in it, the bill can be split but absolutely detest when people nonchalantly try and get away with splitting a bill when they've clearly had a decent amount more.  I'm more than happy to calculate a bill if I've spent more - in fact, I'll often suggest it as I don't want to be an arse.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9018 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 03:58:47 PM »
People who get worked up about calculating a restaurant bill and insist on splitting it.  Obviously if there's only a few quid in it, the bill can be split but absolutely detest when people nonchalantly try and get away with splitting a bill when they've clearly had a decent amount more.  I'm more than happy to calculate a bill if I've spent more - in fact, I'll often suggest it as I don't want to be an arse.

Yep.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #9019 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:00:26 PM »
I normally just split things, but if anyone wants to itemise I'm down with it. But do people really insist upon splitting a bill? They seem like not cool people.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9020 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:02:10 PM »
We've just had this at lunch time, 16 of us went out for a lasses birthday and split the bill.  The odd moan of "i didn't have that much" but the difference was something like 2 or 3 quid.  :lol: :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #9021 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:07:17 PM »
Oh god. Itemizing for 16 people at a birthday lunch? Aye f*** that. I insist upon splitting the bill. You should've eaten more, cheapo.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9022 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
It worked out at £7:50 each which was rounded up and included a tip.  Some people moaned  :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9023 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
It worked out at £7:50 each which was rounded up and included a tip.  Some people moaned  :lol:

people are absolute dickheads, all of them
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #9024 on: Tuesday 4 October 2016, 04:21:15 PM »
got to be an even split, unless somebody is taking the utter p*ss like.