Author Topic: Your Pet Hates  (Read 734275 times)

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
Re: Your Pet Hates
« Reply #18500 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
Anyone who describes a sequence of things happening in order as a "cadence". Seems to be the bullshit bingo word of 2020.

Can you give an example? I can’t wrap my head around it.

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/sales-cadence-example
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Online Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #18501 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 08:58:13 PM »
That's become a buzzword at my work and it's really getting to me.

I do love hubspot though

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #18502 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
"A sales cadence is a sequential order of different outreach methods salespeople can follow to better connect with prospects."  :icon_puke_r:

Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #18503 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 08:09:35 AM »
That's not what cadence means at all.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #18504 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 08:50:18 AM »

I've never understood why cadence has so many different and apparently unrelated definitions.  It's not like there aren't plenty of other words available :lol: I knew it as a way to describe a resolution of a chord progression in a piece of music and then about 20 years ago I became aware of it also for some reason describing how fast a cyclist's feet were going round (never confirmed that one, just took my mate's word for it that it was just a way of describing RPM).  Also used to describe the flow of language, I guess that's where the cycling bit came from although I think the point of cadence in language is that it describes something that's not regular rather than something that is.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #18505 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 12:53:25 PM »
Why do people answer questions about products on Amazon with "I don't know"?  :lol:  What's the point?

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18506 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
Why do people answer questions about products on Amazon with "I don't know"?  :lol:  What's the point?
I don't know.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #18507 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
I don't know.
If you don't know, why did you answer a question about why people answer questions about products on Amazon with "I don't know " ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • arf arf
« Reply #18508 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:37:59 PM »
Sometimes Amazon sends you an email months after you purchase a product asking if you can answer a question about the product and, charitably, I think it's just oblivious people responding innocently to it. Or trolls.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18509 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:07:18 PM »
I don't know.
If you don't know, why did you answer a question about why people answer questions about products on Amazon with "I don't know " ?
Unsure tbh, just felt right.