Author Topic: Serial  (Read 16607 times)

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
Serial
« on: Friday 31 October 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
Definitely going to try Serial, sounds brilliant.

http://serialpodcast.org/
« Last Edit: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:52:47 PM by Wullie »

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
Re: Serial
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
Absolutely cained this off, gutted I have to wait for the next one. It's class.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 October 2014, 05:09:24 PM »
I'm afraid I don't, I tried a few true crime podcasts but they were all naff. I listen to the Crime City Central stories but they're really hit and miss, some right duds in there.

TV wise the best I can probably suggest is Crimes That Shook Britain/Australia but it's been slim pickings lately for crime suggestions. Which is why I seem to hammer the Websleuths forums instead. :blush:

:thup: Love all that stuff tbqh, that Serial podcast is so good, absolutely gutted i have to wait for another EP

Ps only click dis spoiler if you've listened up to EP 6

Spoiler
[close]
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline cfcmagpies

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 1 November 2014, 01:30:59 AM »
I'm afraid I don't, I tried a few true crime podcasts but they were all naff. I listen to the Crime City Central stories but they're really hit and miss, some right duds in there.

TV wise the best I can probably suggest is Crimes That Shook Britain/Australia but it's been slim pickings lately for crime suggestions. Which is why I seem to hammer the Websleuths forums instead. :blush:

:thup: Love all that stuff tbqh, that Serial podcast is so good, absolutely gutted i have to wait for another EP

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler related to episode 6:

Spoiler
[close]
"Whenever I have a nightmare it isn't in colour.  It's always black and white, the colours of the meanest, toughest  club ever to run on to a football field.  Collingwood.  I've laboured the point of my hatred of Collingwood and it isn't a friendly dislike - as a club they rankle me.  You couldn't like them, they think they are God's gift to football, they shun all outsiders and the only time I like to think of Collingwood is when they lose, because it hurts them so much. I've always been a bad loser, but I'm a good sport compared to Collingwood.  If they win they gloat, if they lose they hide themselves away and sulk.  When they lose they never visit your rooms or congratulate you and they'll send you round hot beer to have a drink.  I wouldn't drink anything they offered, you wouldn't know what they had done to it." Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 1 November 2014, 09:35:09 PM »
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 2 November 2014, 11:54:35 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'm gutted I've caught up, and that was with trying to restrain my binge-listening. :lol: I even miss "Mail..kimp?" already.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 2 November 2014, 11:57:41 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'm gutted I've caught up, and that was with trying to restrain my binge-listening. :lol: I even miss "Mail..kimp?" already.

Spoiler
[close]

Get yourself on the reddit, it's tided me over nicely tbh, so much discussion on it,

Offline ManDoon

• General Member

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 12:03:35 AM »
Ah f*** off, I was just going to go to bed. :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 12:04:04 AM »
I've been addicted to the Reddit like, waiting for the next EP :lol: It's ridiculous

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 07:58:40 PM »
Eager to catch up on this so I can listen to those discussion podcasts, so good. Halfway through ep3 atm.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
YES. I was gonna start a thread on this but wasn't sure who would be into it. Cheers for this :lol:

So... let all the theories begin :)

Should we do the whole spoilers tag thing, or assume everyone has caught up?

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:00:25 PM »
I'm absolutely gutted I binge-listened to all of the episodes, I'm having withdrawals now.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
Nah spoilers at first I reckon in case people want to jump on board, plus I obviously need to catch up.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
Yes was hoping it would get a thread. What are your early thoughts on his guilt?

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:02:40 PM »
Spoiler
[close]

This s*** is seriously good. Love the This Amercian Life team.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
Damn not being able to spoiler on tapatalk I'm streaming the game on my laptop.

I definitely think the Case against Adnan is kind of flimsy tbh

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:05:49 PM »
Spoiler
[close]

This s*** is seriously good. Love the This Amercian Life team.

Agree with your spoiler, that's where I am too.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
And yeah that's pretty much the same for me re the spoiler

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:08:26 PM »
Yes was hoping it would get a thread. What are your early thoughts on his guilt?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:13:23 PM »
Damn not being able to spoiler on tapatalk I'm streaming the game on my laptop.

I definitely think the Case against Adnan is kind of flimsy tbh

I agree, the case was weak as p*ss but holding all the evidence up objectively you can see why he was convicted. It's not nearly as cut and dry as we seemed to think initially, especially after the latest episode.

Spoiler
[close]

Mind you, I thought up all this only after the last couple of episodes. Mainly the last one. I will probably change my mind again as upto a few weeks ago I was pretty sure Jay did it or knows who did. Now I've swung somewhat the other way.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:18:39 PM »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:38:37 PM »
Listened to all 6 episodes today!

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:42:03 PM »
I binged on it and regret it. What do you think Ian? Guilt wise?

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Monday 3 November 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

I literally can't respond with out spoilers on tapatalk, I'll get back to this when back on my laptop