Author Topic: The Apple Thread  (Read 90518 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: WIP
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 04:23:00 pm »
The seemless integration of hardware and software, that's why a Mac is so beautiful.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 10 February 2010, 03:39:41 pm »
Here is a sneak peak of the new Apple store in Eldon Square which opens on Tuesday.

« Last Edit: Wednesday 10 February 2010, 06:33:30 pm by bigchrisfgb »

Offline Fried Chicken

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Monday 22 March 2010, 10:01:16 pm »
thinking of investing in a Macbook (get the student discount before I graduate  :fishing: )

apart from the extra ports (FireWire, USB etc), is it worth getting a Pro over the standard Macbook?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #53 on: Monday 22 March 2010, 10:05:10 pm »
What you planning on using it for? Just general webby stuff, music etc? Or HD videos and Adobe CS kinda stuff?

Offline Fried Chicken

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
What you planning on using it for? Just general webby stuff, music etc? Or HD videos and Adobe CS kinda stuff?

general web stuff, music - Logic etc, Photoshop

Offline Adam^

• General Member
  • Everything is awesome
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 01:02:45 pm »
Depends wetyher you want to spend the extra money to look "cool" or just want to get a cheaper laptop that will do the exact same stuff.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 01:09:07 pm »

general web stuff, music - Logic etc, Photoshop

You'll be fine with whatever macbook you choose to be honest.

I used to have macbook white 13 inch and now have mbp 17 inch. The 13 felt a little small after a while and I wanted something beefier. But I got a few years out of it and sold it for very little less than I originally paid.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
The Apple Thread (Apple Event 6pm Today)
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 12:08:56 am »
http://www.apple.com/live/

Apple Event 6pm Today. Expected iPad, Yosemite release, potential new iMac.

Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.
« Last Edit: Thursday 16 October 2014, 04:30:29 pm by SEMTEX »

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
Re: The Apple Thread
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:10:06 am »
what's all the fuss about?

Not too much really, a few new features and a slight redesign of the aesthetics of the phone. I'll get it, but maybe not till the end of the year, or when my 3g dies. Whichever comes first.

There will be an Apple conference thing about it on Monday, no doubt released by July, along with the release of the iPhone 4.0 OS that was announced a few months ago.

Cheers. So should anyone considering getting a new iPhone right now just wait a few months until th 4G is released?
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:14:32 am »
Yes. Definitely.

Although you'll get cheaper deals on the 3GS in the next month or two. Depends where your priorities lie.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:29:08 am »
basically it put's the phone on specs wise on par with the HTC desire

should remember android is outselling the iphone massively now

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:37:06 am »
And RIM phones are 'massively' outselling Android phones. What's your point?

Online Andy

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:39:47 am »

Well of course it is... How many devices is Android installed on compared to iPhone OS?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:48:00 am »

Well of course it is... How many devices is Android installed on compared to iPhone OS?

a lot, but ppl forget how big android is going to be, the next versions will overtake the iphone in how much better it is

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 08:50:10 am »
Will the price of 3G one fall quite a bit when this is released?
AS9

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 09:01:15 am »
Probably, but I imagine they'll also limit it so that only one version of it is available.

If you buy before 4G is released, they may be purging all their 32gb stock so you may be in for a cheaper option already.

Nobody should consider buying a 3G right now.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 09:03:43 am »

a lot, but ppl forget how big android is going to be, the next versions will overtake the iphone in how much better it is

Apart from the fragmentation that it already suffers will be ten times worse. People were complaining that their 3G is now becoming redundant, but I wonder how G1 owners are feeling right now?

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 10:11:09 am »
How many of the carriers are ready for 4G in this country ? Most still seem to struggle to make 3G available.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 10:12:27 am »
Oh ignore the "4G" title, that's by no means a reflection on the speed of the phone, it's just no-one knows the official title and 4G or HD have both seemingly stuck.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 11:00:54 am »

Apart from the fragmentation that it already suffers will be ten times worse. People were complaining that their 3G is now becoming redundant, but I wonder how G1 owners are feeling right now?

this is what happens with early adopters of any technology.

apple's software imo is better for it's simplicity, but steve jobs reluctance to have flash on it while come back to bite as it's another 5-10 years before html5 will be widely used (it's still in draft form at this stage)

Offline mofo

• General Member
  • Take it easy sir Bob.
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 11:19:27 am »

Why?? not having a go but honestly don't know why?? I've got a G1 at the min, Due a upgrade in august i was going to go for the
HTC Desire is that a wise choice??
f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley you're a smelly cock.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 11:41:42 am »

Why?? not having a go but honestly don't know why?? I've got a G1 at the min, Due a upgrade in august i was going to go for the

Yes, great phone use's android to it's potential, but check the samsung galaxy s which is a beat of a phone (had a play with one on friday at work, and it was everything i want in a phone)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 11:47:40 am »

Just because they announced it wouldn't be getting any further Android updates. They did this with the original iPhone and have been cutting new features from 3G compatibility too, people bitched a lot.

I don't even mind Android, I think people should get Android (preferably HTC) or iPhone. But each has it's flaws and it's ridiculous to pre-empt any future success based upon THERE ARE MORE ANDROIDS BEING SOLD NOW. It's not nearly that simple.

As far as flash goes, it has had little to no effect on my browsing with the iPhone, mainly because people develop for the iPhone especially, and this won't be changing any time soon. No matter how many Android phones sell, they're never going to have the same clout as Apple in shepherding developers, unless they gain a lot more media coverage and work out how to sell phones properly, not f*** up like they did with the Nexus One.

Offline AfroP

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 01:26:38 pm »
The 4G refers to the 4G network which we in the UK do not have and the majority of providers have said they have no immediate plans to roll out a 4G network infrastructure(probably as they can barely get 3g working right)
The HTC evo 4g is a quality looking phone, so much so that I was looking to replace my iphone with it, but its not being released over here due to the lack of the 4G network.
its possible that as a result of 4G being the new iphone's network choice it will push UK providers to give it a more serious consideration, but I would expect costs to be even more ridiculous than they are now.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 3 June 2010, 01:29:13 pm »
There is absolutely no confirmation (nor denial) that the new iPhone will be 4G capable.