Author Topic: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread  (Read 457748 times)

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
Re: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread
« Reply #8600 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 04:36:36 PM »
Anyone use a Phillips One Blade, or anything similar? @AyeDubbleYoo Do you still use one?

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades and wet shaving even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is too big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs beforehand or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes. One Blade seems to fit the bill. They say the blade needs changing after like 4 months, that true in practice?

Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8601 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 04:37:56 PM »
Anyone use a Phillips One Blade, or anything similar? @AyeDubbleYoo Do you still use one?

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is tyoo big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes.
I just use harrys.  Its a fiver or month or something and always have more blades than I need and don't bother with shaving foam.  I just use a bit of shower gel and shave in the shower.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #8602 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 05:52:41 PM »
Still use the OneBlade, yeah, it’s amazing.

Blades last me a fairly long time, I probably only shave about every 3 days or so.

If you wanted to be clean shaven every morning it might work out better to shave properly, but for convenience and a quick smarten up it’s fantastic.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #8603 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 06:47:13 PM »
f*** shaving every day. Once a week is fine.  If i leave it longer than a week my "beard" looks f***ing awful. I need the best thing to take me from 6/7 day stubble to suitably short in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of f*** on possible. One Blade seems best option
Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #8604 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades and wet shaving even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is too big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs beforehand or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes. One Blade seems to fit the bill. They say the blade needs changing after like 4 months, that true in practice?
I’ve got one. I only use to to trim the edges.
I have had it for about 2 years, never changed the blade.
It’s good for trimming the edges and trimming down, not really that good at other stuff, although it is better than a lot of others out there that I have tried.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #8605 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
Does my whole face, no problem at all. Very comfortable as well.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #8606 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 07:19:43 AM »
Check out f***ing Teen Wolf over here.

Offline Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #8607 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 08:15:36 AM »
 :lol:

Online kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #8608 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 12:26:37 PM »

I went electric after 40 years of wet shaving recently.
I use a Panasonic Wet & Dry Electric 3-Blade Shaver, which you can use 'dry' or you can use it in the shower.
Takes about the same amount of time, but no cuts.