Author Topic: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread  (Read 212995 times)

loki679 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
Re: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread
« Reply #4475 on: Thursday 6 June 2019, 09:06:09 pm »
Some new wireless headphones.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4476 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 01:49:56 am »
Joined the Bomfuck MC’s?

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #4477 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 08:40:50 am »

After fierce arselicking I managed to buy this from an F16 Viper pilot who was serving with 527th Aggressor squadron when they were based at Alconbury. I am the coolest pensioner on the block.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4478 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 09:15:47 pm »
Joined the Bomfuck MC’s?

Not quite.

These are very good, noise cancellation is decent.  24 hour battery and sound quality is good without issues over bluetooth.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #4479 on: Yesterday at 02:48:35 pm »
Looking for a wireless speaker does anyone have any recommendations?
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #4480 on: Yesterday at 03:49:06 pm »
What's your budget? You looking for something portable or something just to sit in the house?

Opposite ends of the scale but I bought my dad a UE Boom 2 a while back for £100 or so for him to take on his holidays and play around the house and he's really happy with it.

Had a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin for a good 5 years or so now and it's f***ing mint, but pricey. The new version has Bluetooth, airplay, Spotify play etc and I'll 100% be getting one if my current one packs in. Can get a refurb for £399.

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-gb/outlet/zeppelin-wireless-rc

Had a listen to a Sonos One a while ago and that sounded really good and always seems to review well, £200-ish usually I think.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:59:16 pm by TheHoob »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #4481 on: Yesterday at 04:30:05 pm »
I’ve got Sonos in my flat, can’t really experience it fully because I can only turn it up to about 15%. But it’s a good speaker.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #4482 on: Today at 05:45:05 am »
What's your budget? You looking for something portable or something just to sit in the house?

Opposite ends of the scale but I bought my dad a UE Boom 2 a while back for £100 or so for him to take on his holidays and play around the house and he's really happy with it.

Had a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin for a good 5 years or so now and it's f***ing mint, but pricey. The new version has Bluetooth, airplay, Spotify play etc and I'll 100% be getting one if my current one packs in. Can get a refurb for £399.

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-gb/outlet/zeppelin-wireless-rc

Had a listen to a Sonos One a while ago and that sounded really good and always seems to review well, £200-ish usually I think.

Probably thinking around 200 - 300 mark, with in built voice activation- though I’m not sure how much I’d use that, also would like good pairing with iPhone, high sound quality ( for podcasts also ) like my music loud but not really possible where I live so quality first
Follow me on twitter @tgarve