Author Topic: Andy Cole  (Read 12307 times)

Offline pedro111

• General Member
Re: Andy Cole
« Reply #150 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 01:30:45 PM »
25 years ago  :kasper:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7870355/The-inside-story-transfer-SHOCKED-football-Newcastle-sold-Andy-Cole-Man-United.html

Still remember it like yesterday. Some lass in school told us Cole had been sold to Man U and we all laughed and said what does a lass know about football? :lol:

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #151 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 01:55:51 PM »
I think Cole and Beardsley are still the highest scoring striker partnership in Premier League history.

they are but there was 42 leagues games that season. never be beaten mind. cole was a top striker who was sold because he couldn't play with paul kitson. he won doubles and trebles and we didn't . Fergie was right Keegan was wrong is the uncomfortable truth.
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #152 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 01:57:52 PM »
My first hero and a very very upsetting day for me that was, for most I imagine. Great player for us and full stop. Happy days :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #153 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
I think Cole and Beardsley are still the highest scoring striker partnership in Premier League history.

they are but there was 42 leagues games that season. never be beaten mind. cole was a top striker who was sold because he couldn't play with paul kitson. he won doubles and trebles and we didn't . Fergie was right Keegan was wrong is the uncomfortable truth.

However we did end up with two power forwards in Ferdinand and Shearer.

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #154 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 02:44:44 PM »

Shearer with Ferdinand were unplayable.  Keegan was right, Fergie got lucky!

Offline Just a propheteer

• General Member
« Reply #155 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 02:54:21 PM »
The first song I heard about any football player when my dad used to always sing it around the house when I was 5

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #156 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 04:33:33 PM »
My first hero and a very very upsetting day for me that was, for most I imagine. Great player for us and full stop. Happy days :thup:

True, I was in quite the fluffery buffery

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #157 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 06:00:53 PM »

True, I was in quite the fluffery buffery

Was you hurting Harry?