Author Topic: Rolando Aarons  (Read 178878 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Rolando de Aarons is injured again
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:48:14 pm »
:lol: Seemed like Sammy, tbh.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:48:54 pm »

He showed about the same amount of end product in that match as we've seen from Sammy in his entire NUFC career.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:49:28 pm »
Could be useful on the counter against Man City
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:49:32 pm »
St Mirren have a bright future ahead of them.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

palnese

« Reply #29 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:49:34 pm »
Reminds me of any black, pacey winger.

Offline Ryan_Taylor

• General Member
  • James Perchenbauer
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:49:35 pm »
Can't wait to watch us waste him
Sports Direct Signature
'Billionaires apply within'

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:50:39 pm »
Reminds me of a poor man's Raheem Sterling

:anguish:

Oooh look, Rocker's offended by some minor racial profiling.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:50:46 pm »
Can't wait to watch us waste him

Aye I do expect that, but under any sane management he would be very promising.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:50:57 pm »
I'm on the fence at the moment. I never really think much of players that are all pace and it was only pre-season. Very promising though and he could definitely develop into a useful player.

He's not all pace though. Makes good decisions, has good technique and control as well as being an able crosser of the ball.

Got a lot more going for him than just a turn of pace.

I'm on the fence at the moment. I never really think much of players that are all pace and it was only pre-season. Very promising though and he could definitely develop into a useful player.

That's just it though, he wasn't just all pace  :lol:

It's pre-season, touch and the rest of it won't get the same amount of time when it matters but the pace will remain. Similarly, Obertan had a good game today. I like the look of Aarons, but I'm not getting ahead of myself or anything, he looks promising.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:51:08 pm »

He showed about the same amount of end product in that match as we've seen from Sammy in his entire NUFC career.

:lol: Slightly unfair, imo. Sammy was passing to a dead Papiss Cisse in competitive matches, and Aarons looked good in a friendly.

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:51:09 pm »
Doesn't track back enough, can't play right back, looks a bit fat, his days are numbered.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:51:19 pm »
Sammy/Ferguson/Aaron's all looked exciting and promising when they burst on the scene.

Given our coaching teams success with ruining the careers of the former two we certainly shouldn't be too excited. Really had high hopes for Fergie especially, looked like he had pace, decent control, good cross and got stuck in. Sammy like Shola had all the tools but just doesn't have that mental switch turned on to take him further. Either way neither got a fair chance to prove themselves.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:52:44 pm »
I've still not seen him but in my head he's Keith Gillespie-ing all those Sergis.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:53:34 pm »

He's not all pace though. Makes good decisions, has good technique and control as well as being an able crosser of the ball.

Got a lot more going for him than just a turn of pace.

That's just it though, he wasn't just all pace  :lol:

It's pre-season, touch and the rest of it won't get the same amount of time when it matters but the pace will remain. Similarly, Obertan had a good game today. I like the look of Aarons, but I'm not getting ahead of myself or anything, he looks promising.

Meh don't care, he's a winger who is direct and makes good decisions.

We don't have that.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:54:29 pm »
I've still not seen him but in my head he's Keith Gillespie-ing all those Sergis.

:lol:

:'( The memories.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:56:33 pm »
Gonna get his name on my kit, like I did with Zamblera on my last silver kit.

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:57:25 pm »
Already looks twice the player of Sammy, and didn't get injured after the first 5 seconds so definitely a lot more promising, should be at least a regular on the bench this coming season.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 06:59:20 pm »
How on earth does he look twice the player of Sammy man? :lol: I'm not saying he wont be, but at this stage that's a really weird thing to say about a player that's performed well in a pre-season match vs a player that's stagnated after looking promising in actual matches.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:00:31 pm »
How on earth does he look twice the player of Sammy man? :lol: I'm not saying he wont be, but at this stage that's a really weird thing to say about a player that's performed well in a pre-season match vs a player that's stagnated after looking promising in actual matches.
This :thup: The Sammy hate on here has always seemed over the top.

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:00:41 pm »
Looks intelligent and good on ball, hope he gets some games next season, although I fully expect Pardew to start the season with Cabella, De Jong and Sissoko in that 3 but good to see we have a few options such as him, Armstrong and Perez lurking in the shadows. If only we had a manager to develop them and the squad

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:01:40 pm »
This :thup: The Sammy hate on here has always seemed over the top.

I don't think Sammy is that bad tbh, but I think this kid looks more switched on and intelligent in his play. Sammy is awkward but has potential

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:02:41 pm »
Sammy is the epitome of a Newcastle player with potential in that he hasn't progressed at all.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:03:42 pm »
Sammy gets far too much s**** because of his surname.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:04:08 pm »
Trending on twitter.

And the judgement is based on the fact Aarons actually looks like he has end product and a good footballing brain as opposed to running aimlessly down the wing and being easily tackled.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 3 August 2014, 07:05:16 pm »
Sammy gets far too much s**** because of his surname.
:thup: There was a stage last season where Sammy was our best player for a few weeks
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"