Author Topic: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike  (Read 11454 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike
« Reply #225 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 06:08:59 PM »
“We don’t want job-destroying, economy-destroying, economy-wrecking targets and goals, which won’t change the fact that there have been bushfires or anything like that in Australia,” Morrison told Sydney radio, 2GB.

:whistle:

Apart from the fact that clean energy technology will overtake the fossil fuel industry over the next decade.  Not a good economic plan that....

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #226 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 11:37:37 PM »
Was reading a piece that his weird ass religion explains everything - apparently Pentecostals believe Jesus is making his second coming imminently, and everything that happens on earth is God’s plan, so a) climate change is God’s plan and b) it doesn’t matter because the second coming makes long term global damage irrelevant.

Now, I admit I read this at face value because it fits very neatly with my Morrison hate and religion hate. But no matter how true it is, it reinforces my belief that people of faith should not be allowed anywhere near political power.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #227 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 02:24:00 AM »
Was reading a piece that his weird ass religion explains everything - apparently Pentecostals believe Jesus is making his second coming imminently, and everything that happens on earth is God’s plan, so a) climate change is God’s plan and b) it doesn’t matter because the second coming makes long term global damage irrelevant.

Now, I admit I read this at face value because it fits very neatly with my Morrison hate and religion hate. But no matter how true it is, it reinforces my belief that people of faith should not be allowed anywhere near political power.

Yeah thats pretty close, Pentecostal believers will ascend to heaven while non-believers remain on earth to be punished on the burning planet.
Unbelievable that he hasn’t been questioned on this before now.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online neesy111

• General Member

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #230 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 11:56:23 PM »
Scotty from Marketing is deeply unhappy with the moniker Scotty from Marketing; first used by the brilliant satirical website the Betoota Advocate, but Morrison claims it’s a Labor Party label that other have picked up and run with:

https://www.ladbible.com/news/politics-scott-morrison-isnt-a-fan-of-the-scotty-from-marketing-nickname-20200120?source=lboz

The BA gave him the equally witty title the Nightwatchman after he was brought in to lead the LNP to an election they were widely expected to lose. The fact that Labor Party was led by someone with the electoral appeal of a wet fart meant the Nightwatchman exceeded expectations and evolved into Scotty from Marketing...
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 02:10:24 AM »
Scotty from Marketing is deeply unhappy with the moniker Scotty from Marketing; first used by the brilliant satirical website the Betoota Advocate, but Morrison claims it’s a Labor Party label that other have picked up and run with:

https://www.ladbible.com/news/politics-scott-morrison-isnt-a-fan-of-the-scotty-from-marketing-nickname-20200120?source=lboz

The BA gave him the equally witty title the Nightwatchman after he was brought in to lead the LNP to an election they were widely expected to lose. The fact that Labor Party was led by someone with the electoral appeal of a wet fart meant the Nightwatchman exceeded expectations and evolved into Scotty from Marketing...

It was funny to see him get p*ssed off then trot out the but Labor bollocks.

He tried the same with emissions targets and Labor.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 01:49:37 AM »
Behind Trump he’s one of the stupidest aresholes on the planet is Scotty from marketing

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/bushfire-hazard-reduction-as-important-as-emissions-reduction-scott-morrison-says??