Author Topic: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike  (Read 11457 times)

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
Re: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike
« Reply #200 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 06:29:27 PM »
Utterly devastating. My heart goes out to y’all.

In a just world this would end Morrison’s political career but we’ve arrived at the point in Western democracy where nothing f***ing matters and accountability for shameless c***s like him (and Trump) is non-existent.

Not much else to add :(

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #201 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 10:24:55 PM »
Eventually the Chinese will run everything and we’ll live in a green utopia.

Ironically, the NUMBER ONE excuse trotted out by Scotty from Marketing is the old “no point doing anything because China”.

The fact that Australia produces (only) 1.7% of the world’s emissions justifies inaction, apparently. But we have only 0.33% of the world’s population. So, we’re over-emitting five-fold. And that’s before counting the emissions from Australia’s fossil fuel exports.

But for the real kick in the world’s nuts, look into Kyoto carryover credits. Just astonishing that they would use accounting chicanery rather than act in good faith.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #202 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 10:30:12 PM »
Some fun articles if you’re bored and want to get furious:

Examining the former deputy PM’s conspiracy theory that greenies are to blame for the fires:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/12/is-there-really-a-green-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction

Examining the Energy & Environment minister’s claim that Australia can “be proud” of its response to climate change:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/31/fact-checking-angus-taylor-does-australia-have-a-climate-change-record-to-be-proud-of

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #203 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
One last one to about Scotty from Marketing being run out of a fire-ravaged town he visited:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/02/scott-morrison-abused-by-bushfire-victims-in-nsw-town-of-cobargo

The highlight - a firey refused to shake Morrison’s hand. Scotty says to the firey’s boss later “I’m sure he’s just tired.” “No,no, he’s lost his house.”

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #204 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 12:22:24 AM »
 :whistle:

?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 06:39:21 AM »
Eventually the Chinese will run everything and we’ll live in a green utopia.

uh oh the old white men being oppressed has gone off in the kimbo household, ready the gammonmobile
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #206 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
More record breaking temperatures today

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #207 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 10:11:34 AM »
Its all Sharons fault this
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 10:17:41 AM »
Oh for the days when you’d get English people who’d moved there pretending on social media that it being 35 degrees wasn’t horrific.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #210 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 01:09:39 PM »
Oh for the days when you’d get English people who’d moved there pretending on social media that it being 35 degrees wasn’t horrific.

Actually 35 is a nice summers temp, just right for the pool :lol:

It’s been cold in Perth again this summer, high 20’s
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #211 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 01:30:13 PM »
Yeah, that old expression "Only mad dogs and Englishmen out in the midday sun" is a complete crock of s****. I've never known a people so utterly incapable of coping with temperatures above 30 degrees.

(Which means, btw, that you are no longer an Englishman in exile, Mr Mouse, but an Australian ;) )

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #212 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
Yeah, that old expression "Only mad dogs and Englishmen out in the midday sun" is a complete crock of s****.

Not really an old expression tho, a jokey song by Noel Coward tbf.
:) As you were.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #213 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
Have to say I’ve never heard of the song, heard the expression plenty growing up. But Wikipedia tells me you are correct :thup:

Still a crock of s**** ;)

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #214 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 02:15:47 PM »
Yeah, that old expression "Only mad dogs and Englishmen out in the midday sun" is a complete crock of s****. I've never known a people so utterly incapable of coping with temperatures above 30 degrees.

(Which means, btw, that you are no longer an Englishman in exile, Mr Mouse, but an Australian ;) )

Just about :lol: it’s been 11 years. Although sports wise I’ll never change.

Having said that PERTH is a dry heat, I struggle on the east coast with the humidity

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 12:12:23 AM »
So, in the middle of the worst bushfire crisis in the nation's history, Scotty from Marketing has literally produced and released an ad spruiking his response to the crisis. Tin ear or psychopath - you be the judge

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #217 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 09:29:29 AM »
Don't worry the Royals are sending "thoughts and prayers" to you all in down under.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50996284

:anguish:

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #218 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 01:51:03 PM »
Don't worry the Royals are sending "thoughts and prayers" to you all in down under.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50996284

:anguish:

:lol: you’d think people would avoid that saying now.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #219 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Incredible footage of the DC10 in action.

Shame Scotty from marketing rejected other countries air support.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday 7 January 2020, 06:32:04 PM »
To date on the amount of land burnt due to these fires is greater then the size of Ireland.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #221 on: Thursday 9 January 2020, 12:56:58 PM »
Scotty from marketing blatantly lies at least three times on this

?s=21

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #222 on: Thursday 9 January 2020, 01:10:03 PM »
So, within a week, we’ve had ex-PM Abbott openly climate-change denying on Israeli radio, Craig Kelly eviscerated by Piers f***ing Morgan and “that ignorant weather girl” for denying climate change, and now this.

Not that it will matter a jot.  :rant:

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #224 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 03:27:21 PM »
“We don’t want job-destroying, economy-destroying, economy-wrecking targets and goals, which won’t change the fact that there have been bushfires or anything like that in Australia,” Morrison told Sydney radio, 2GB.

:whistle: