Author Topic: Ayozé Pérez  (Read 493407 times)

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
Re: Ayozé Pérez
« Reply #7750 on: Friday 13 November 2020, 11:52:38 AM »
Don't really agree, Perez and Rondon were essential to how we functioned. We're seeing now what happens when you have nobody high up the pitch who can apply any pressure or win the ball back.

He's a good player, maybe Leicester don't have a way to use him. They do have quite a unique attacker in Vardy and some very good #10s in Barnes and Maddison.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #7751 on: Friday 13 November 2020, 11:41:11 PM »
Don't really agree, Perez and Rondon were essential to how we functioned. We're seeing now what happens when you have nobody high up the pitch who can apply any pressure or win the ball back.

He's a good player, maybe Leicester don't have a way to use him. They do have quite a unique attacker in Vardy and some very good #10s in Barnes and Maddison.

I think there’s a lot to this - Ayoze is a very good player, but he’s not good enough to cement himself as a #10 in their team. Therefore, he’s never really going to produce his best out of position or as a bit part player.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #7752 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 09:33:59 AM »
Could see him coming back here on loan.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #7753 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
That narrow right side position was perfect for him, playing off a strong target man in Rondon, as he's not quite a wide man or a number 10 really.

Shame we didn't get to continue to see that team grow in that setup, with Almiron finally coming in to take up the same position on the left side.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline andyc35i

« Reply #7754 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 11:54:22 AM »
That narrow right side position was perfect for him, playing off a strong target man in Rondon, as he's not quite a wide man or a number 10 really.

Shame we didn't get to continue to see that team grow in that setup, with Almiron finally coming in to take up the same position on the left side.

Such a shame  :sad:  If you strip away the bullshit inevitably that Rafa was leaving, that final four months of the season had me so optimistic about what was to come. I mean imagine Rafa in charge right now with some sound investment. The league is wide open and we could have had a great chance of going for a European spot under Rafa’s stewardship.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7755 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
I think we’d have finished top 10 last season under Rafa even with the same players. This season we’d be looking at top 8 pushing the likes of Wolves & Everton imo. That’s even under a Mike Ashley NUFC.
?s=21

Offline Marmoset

• General Member
« Reply #7756 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 12:03:26 PM »
Think Ayoze was obviously very good for us but just good in relation to the premier league. Useful squad player for a team like Leicester.

Would consider about the same level for Almiron, very good for us but maybe not quite good enough to be a permanent first team fixture in one of those teams like Leicester trying to break into the top 4.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #7757 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 12:34:23 PM »
He was good for us overall but I think he's also probably overrated a bit by some because his best spell for us by far was just before he left
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Smal

• General Member
  • Leeds/York
« Reply #7758 on: Saturday 14 November 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
Even when he was s*** in terms of individual performance, which was quite often, he was very important to the team because of the role he took up in the system. No one else could do it. Results were far worse without him than they were with him.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #7759 on: Sunday 15 November 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
His defensive contribution was outrageous for a forward aswell.  He was a proper grafter, and under Rafa he learned how to press properly and at the right times.  At one point there was a stat flying about where he was miles ahead of anyone else in the Premier League for interceptions/tackles in the attacking third of the pitch. 
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #7760 on: Sunday 15 November 2020, 09:51:47 AM »
Perez had a habit of getting tackled and staying down and complaining to the ref.This one particular game which was one of Rafa's first in charge,Perez got tackled in the final third of the pitch and did his usual on his knees with arms in the air looking for the ref. The camera panned onto Rafa who's face was raging, arms waving  and he was shouting in spanish for perez to get up and get back.I don't recall him doing it again after that game.

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #7761 on: Sunday 15 November 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
Despite scoring and working hard was a weirdly divisive player. Thought he was great personally. Always find it odd when you have had players like colback and Shelvey who get far less stick when they objectively do f*** all.

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #7762 on: Sunday 15 November 2020, 10:38:36 AM »
Forriner m8
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Billy Pilgrim

« Reply #7763 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 11:27:02 AM »
Perez was class for us, goals and solid performances when we needed them, helped the quicker and more basic footballers get going, was a monster at dealing with bouncing balls, if he was 4 yards quicker he’d be incredible.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #7764 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 11:42:42 AM »
Even when he was s*** in terms of individual performance, which was quite often, he was very important to the team because of the role he took up in the system. No one else could do it. Results were far worse without him than they were with him.

Precisely. I agree he's not a top 4 team player, but then we haven't been a top 4 team for long time. Right now we could do with a player with his graft, Rafa used him a lot simply because he knew how to play his system.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #7765 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 05:22:39 PM »
Some of those goals the season before he left were just simply too incredible. Loved this fella.
N U F C

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #7766 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 09:23:58 AM »

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7767 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
As much as I like Maximin, I think we’d still be stronger with Almiron left, Perez on the right in the role Rafa played him, then a striker.
?s=21